AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 05-31-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
After all this, I would like to say :

- It's ok with me to believe that Switchcraft plugs are fragile
- it's ok to think that Shindo chose them for their sonic quality and not to "force" people to use his cables : after all my Shindo gear sounds so good that I can trust he chose also the connectors according to their sound.
- And it's also ok with me to consider that Shindo made a mistake by using such fragile connectors. Do Neutrik or WBT connectors sound so bad compared to Switchcraft ?
- BUT, even accepting the choice for very fragile connectors, the recommendation / need to use only Switchcraft plugs to avoid damage SHOULD BE in the manuals and on the web site of Shindo or their dealers. There is a misinformation there that is not acceptable and not respectful to customers. Could we be considered as something else than ignorant kids ??

Imagine Mc or Arc owners if tomorrow they would learn that they should use only Cardas connectors or they possibly damaged their gear already and this information was never written anywhere. That would make a big scandal. No such scandal with Shindo because everything seems to be forgiven to the Master and Shindo owners are used to mysteries and secrets. This is unique to Shindo owners. Ready to accept everything in exchange for the marvellous sound. Sorry, that is not my position.

BTW, Alberto, which cables do you use between your TT, your MDA and your Monbrison ?
Did Matt warn you about not using non Switchcraft connectors ?

Last but not least, I would like to point the fact that being so aggressive towards opinions expressed by non Shindo owners contribute only to the fact that there is a Shindo sect and after all, Shindo and dealers are loosing potential customers by acting this way. I know many people who heard Shindo, found it beautiful or even exceptional but said " I will never buy it because I'm not a sect lover. Too much mystery. Looks like a closed clan".

Dan, once again, thank you for expressing your view. You have the right to think and to say what you think.
I do not share all of it, but you raised very important points. I hope that they will produce a little wake up in the Shindo "clan".

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Hey like Shindo or not, I could care less. As I've said before, I've left the brand and come back. Plus, it's not my only system. I'm, in reality, about as far as you can get from a fan boy.

As to Dan's statement, though, totally disagree...it was out of line. Smoke and mirrors to sell more cables. He's accused a manufacturer and/or its reps of engaging in a deceitful practice to sell more cables.

Sorry, you do not have a right to do that any more than I have a right to say that I think Dan is doing that because he wants to drum up interest for Ivan's brands by hurting a competitor. Which, by the way, I do not believe and am not suggestion. I am, however, using it as an example of a similar statement that is only an "opinion" worthy of publication in the worst sense of the word.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:06 PM

Also, how is there a Shindo sect? What does that even mean? That there is a group of people that like Shindo? That we have a secret handshake? That we persecute those who do not accept our way? This is ridiculous. I think this is very VERY exaggerated. The one instance of Shindo based exclusion which I can remember on this forum stemmed from a fellow member who posted somewhat critical comments here after listening to a Shindo setup that his friend had purchased - all of it...preamp to speakers - used on Audiogon. The prior owner had owned it for years and the system had not been given a check up or set up by the dealer. And then they listened with their iphone frequency response app.

Pictures of the setup revealed it to be less than optimal.

Ok, yeah, that received a spirited response.

Other than that, if there is a sect, I'm not aware of it. And if THAT is true, well screw you guys cause I've purchased a lot of Shindo so send me a membership form. As it stands, I don't talk about Shindo anywhere outside this forum. And it is the Shindo forum, so I guess you should just expect a lot of pro-Shindo talk.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:15 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
screw you guys
My goodness, let's everyone step back and take a deep breath.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post

My goodness, let's everyone step back and take a deep breath.
Oh my, you do realize that was in jest right? I mean I was referring to a membership form to a non existent secret society.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:32 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
Oh my, you do realize that was in jest right? I mean I was referring to a membership form to a non existent secret society.
Oops, that blew right by me.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:44 PM

I like my Shindo cables. They make me stop wanting for the next best cables. I just concentrate on music now.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:26 PM

There is no misinformation at all! Every time I sell a shindo component I sell the cables with it after explaining why. When my customers hear what the cables do they are more than happy. Also, I sell Shindo and A23 cables to non shindo owners because they love them compared to other brands. Why all these accusations of smoke and mirrors?! Shindo chooses componentry based on performance, not bling. As Jonathan says, if it were all some cunning scheme to sell more cables, they would certainly be flashier than they are. And I concur, they are the least profitable cable line I sell, so money is not the reason we choose to sell them. We sell them because they are Part of a system approach from Ken Shindo, and they are a great product in their own right.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:49 PM

This thread had gotten quite odd...the main question was whether Shindo cables are indeed silver, and why do some people seem to have silver coated copper cables.

These questions were answered very clearly by Jonathan, and we should thank him for answering those concerns extremely clearly, providing us with no reason to doubt that Shindo cables are in fact silver.

The further questioning of the whole Shindo system approach is kind of self-defeating IMHO. Given that Shindo (like Naim, MBL, Audio Note and many others) promotes a system approach to component design, how is it strange that his somewhat unusual connector setup is designed around the assumption that one will, you know, use a Shindo system?

I myself only have a Shindo preamp, so haven't invested fully in the Shindo system approach. However, I don't lambast him for using this approach, nor consider it misleading to suggest that there is a "correct" cable, when that very thought process is at the centre of how my preamp was designed...ie, with the "correct" parts for the job (at least in the eyes of the designer).

My current non-Shindo cables are terminated with Switchcraft connectors. The Shindo cables I auditioned this week sound significantly better in my system that contains only 1 Shindo component, regardless of where I installed them. So they seem like good cables to me.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:58 PM

Those who wish to use pure silver i/cs terminated with Switchcraft connectors, but find the cost of Shindo or A23 cables daunting might check out Soundsilver (with whom my only relationship is as a customer). Attached is a picture of a pair of DAC to Shindo Arome cables that he made for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1601.jpg (34.3 KB, 44 views)
Old 05-31-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
Those who wish to use pure silver i/cs terminated with Switchcraft connectors, but find the cost of Shindo or A23 cables daunting might check out Soundsilver (with whom my only relationship is as a customer). Attached is a picture of a pair of DAC to Shindo Arome cables that he made for me.
No offence but I bought a pair of soundsmith and tested them against my shindo and auditorium ic's and in my opinion they suck.

Dan - take off your "mcintosh coloured glasses" and relax.