AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Chinese High-End Audio

Chinese High-End Audio Doge, Eastern Electric, Jungson, Psvane, Yulong

Old 12-18-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Greg.......I can relate to that, especially for one who isn't necessarily an "audiophile" but enjoys good music. There are only two knobs on the DiaLogue Premium integrated amp, Input and Volume. That's perfect for someone who doesn't want to be overloaded with a myriad of switches, button, and knobs just to enjoy listening to their favorite music. That amplifier not only sounds good, it has a unique appearance that is attractive in its simplicity. Your wife has good taste.
Thanks Dan - she does. I'm still trying to figure out how she ended up with me though!!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,

Last edited by GreginNH1; 03-06-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:52 PM

I just received my PL dialogue hp integrated with EL34s. Can't wait to hook this up! This thing is a beast.... weighs almost as much as one of my speakers.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polho22 View Post
I just received my PL dialogue hp integrated with EL34s. Can't wait to hook this up! This thing is a beast.... weighs almost as much as one of my speakers.
Congratulations!!!!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polho22 View Post

Congrats. Please post pics of your setup with speakers.

I have a few questions below:

1) How long has the the current model been out (DiaLogue Premium Integrated)?

2) What is the typical life of the tubes?
Old 05-07-2017, 08:44 PM

I know this thread is a bit old. But a couple of questions. Has anyone tried the PL HP amp in stereo mode and then moved to mono block mode by buying a second one? Is it a knee shaker? Or is it just a wee bit better?

Kevin you moved to the mono blocks from the integrated - you said it was terrific but I didn't see your comparison. Maybe I missed it.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
I know this thread is a bit old. But a couple of questions. Has anyone tried the PL HP amp in stereo mode and then moved to mono block mode by buying a second one? Is it a knee shaker? Or is it just a wee bit better?

Kevin you moved to the mono blocks from the integrated - you said it was terrific but I didn't see your comparison. Maybe I missed it.
timm,

Unfortunately I have not made the comparison between stereo and monoblock in my system. I have always been a fan and proponent of monoblock configuration for amps so just went that route initially. I will say that I have had ZERO regrets in going from my McIntosh equipment to the PrimaLuna. My system has never sounded better.

I have not started tube rolling for the power tubes yet, and am still using the stock EL34's. I keep thinking about the TungSol KT150's but they are pricey, especially as I would need 16 of them. The TungSol 7581A tubes also look like a very interesting consideration. I'll definitely post some comments if and or when I make the change.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:57 PM

Anybody audition the DiaLogue Premium/HP with B&W 803D3? I had a combo of 2600/452 (McIntosh before).

I auditioned DiaLogue Premium (I think) about 4 years ago with the Kef LS50 and it was fantastic but during that time I was new to audio and didn't care for the look when the salesman was giving me info.

Last edited by tractng; 07-20-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post
Anybody audition the DiaLogue Premium/HP with B&W 803D3? I had a combo of 2600/452 (McIntosh before).

I auditioned DiaLogue Premium (I think) about 4 years ago with the Kef LS50 and it was fantastic but during that time I was new to audio and didn't care for the look when the salesman was giving me info.
I spent time with the Dialogue Premium HP Int Amp with my 800D2s. I also tried a couple other tube amps and came to the conclusion that they like big SS amps. Ended up running mine with the 452. YMMV
Old 09-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advanced101 View Post
I spent time with the Dialogue Premium HP Int Amp with my 800D2s. I also tried a couple other tube amps and came to the conclusion that they like big SS amps. Ended up running mine with the 452. YMMV
+1
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 01-07-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4N6 View Post
I was worried that I was on Crack or simply going insane. Comparing a Chinese made, relatively inexpensive tube integrated to a stalwart of American audiophile goodness? And have the integrated come out ahead?!? What's wrong with me?!?!?

So, I had to do it again. I brought the PrimaLuna HP integrated back home and redid the comparison. We'll put it this way...my wife, from across the room and cooking dinner spoke out while I was listening to say that my stereo had never sounded better.

Round two of the comparison basically confirmed round one. Better detail, soundstage width and depth, and MUCH better imaging when using the PrimaLuna. This just shouldn't be due to cost differences and audiophile pedigree, but "it is what it is".

Well, now I am smitten and will be looking HARD at the PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium preamp and HP monoblock amps. The McIntosh equipment, despite its beauty, reputation and quality, may be going away...

I sold my McIntosh C2300 and MC302 for my PL Dialogue Premium Preamp and PL Dialogue Premium HP Amplifier, the system consist of the aforementioned PL components plus PS Audio Directstream DAC, OPPO 203 Blu-ray, Custom stand alone full Solid State Mini Computer running ROON, Full MIT cabling and Isotek Aquarius conditioner running Klipsch Cornwall III Special Edition Indian Rosewood. After years of searching I have found my sound, the system is so smooth with life like dynamics that it can be startling. Once I have enough post I will be able to upload pics.