AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Marten Loudspeakers

Marten Loudspeakers Sweden's Best

Old 01-18-2012, 06:09 AM

Howie Bro ... have been living with the Coltrane 2 for the past 4 months and quite a ride it has been . Is not the retail closer to 95k rather than the 80k that you mentioned ? If you do take the plunge do try the upgrade option, i.e the internal cabling from Jorma No.1 to Jorma Prime. Pretty worthwhile in my set up.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzhead
Howie Bro ... have been living with the Coltrane 2 for the past 4 months and quite a ride it has been . Is not the retail closer to 95k rather than the 80k that you mentioned ? If you do take the plunge do try the upgrade option, i.e the internal cabling from Jorma No.1 to Jorma Prime. Pretty worthwhile in my set up.
Yes sorry. 95k is correct

May i ask what the rest of your system is?

Would love to hear more about the Coltranes!

Thanks

Howie
Old 01-18-2012, 11:33 AM

Howie ... My rig is digital only . Meredian 808.2 . Vitus pre- power , Nordost Thor ,Finite Elemente Stand , Stillpoint CP stands and SS Ultras. Jorma Prime I/C 's , PC's , Jorma Origo S/C. In the process of setting up a computer front end and am awaiting delivery of my Vitus DAC.
The C2 is all about speed , coherence and purity of tone . The thing I quite enjoy about it is that the resolution is spread evenly across the spectrum .The deep bass being nearly as detailed as the mids and highs. It does take quite a while to come into it's own from new . Demanding of continuity in your signal chain it will pounce on any sloth or discontinuity in set-up . The down firing port how-ever helps in it not being as difficult to set up in terms of room interaction.
They are quite an easy load and should be a good match with your Ongaku . Different from the SF house sound, but am sure a pairing you would be satisfied with for quite some time to come. Cheers !
Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Howie ... My rig is digital only . Meredian 808.2 . Vitus pre- power , Nordost Thor ,Finite Elemente Stand , Stillpoint CP stands and SS Ultras. Jorma Prime I/C 's , PC's , Jorma Origo S/C. In the process of setting up a computer front end and am awaiting delivery of my Vitus DAC.
The C2 is all about speed , coherence and purity of tone . The thing I quite enjoy about it is that the resolution is spread evenly across the spectrum .The deep bass being nearly as detailed as the mids and highs. It does take quite a while to come into it's own from new . Demanding of continuity in your signal chain it will pounce on any sloth or discontinuity in set-up . The down firing port how-ever helps in it not being as difficult to set up in terms of room interaction.
They are quite an easy load and should be a good match with your Ongaku . Different from the SF house sound, but am sure a pairing you would be satisfied with for quite some time to come. Cheers !
I heard the Coltrane 2 with Vitus pre power last night and boy did it sound good. Your rig must be impressive to say the least. You're dead right about the C2. Speed accuracy, those guitar strings more realistic than I have ever heard them.

Any chance of some photos of your system?! :smile:

Cheers

Howie
Old 01-19-2012, 02:04 PM

Howie.. am out of town will post when back, in a day or two. Would you happen to remember the cabling in use in the set-up you auditioned ?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:28 PM

Howie ... have been unable to upload , been trying . Send me your mail id would be happy to e-mail you ... Cheers and Happy Listening !
Old 01-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Jazzhead - There are some nice benefits by becoming a subscriber. One of which is being able to post pictures. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

Mike

PS - Nice system!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Howie ... have been unable to upload , been trying . Send me your mail id would be happy to e-mail you ... Cheers and Happy Listening !
howiebrou at cantab dot net

I can upload them for you if you like whilst you contemplate subscribership! Let me know.

Howie
Old 01-23-2012, 02:13 PM

Ritmo ... Thanks for the thumbs up ... Happy Listening !
Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 AM

Here is a link to the Coltranes (version 1's) on the AN UK ONGAKU

Audiogon Shows: RMAF 2010: Audio Note UK