AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Simaudio Moon

Simaudio Moon High End Audiophile Amplifiers and Sound

Old 02-16-2018, 03:29 PM

I needed a better pre-amp than my Rotel RSP-1098 for 2 channel and just by chance I got a P3 off Audiogon. That was like 12 years ago. Loved it and it became my dream gear. Finally was able to get my dream entry level combo package with the Neo 280D, 350P, and 330A. Love the build quality and sound quality. Need a Sim Audio/Moon sub-forum.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwinaj View Post
... Need a Sim Audio/Moon sub-forum.

Yes!
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 02-16-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John49 View Post
Yes!
That way I have a place to ask: "should I use the dealer trade in program and trade in my 330A for a pair of 400M?".
Old 02-16-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwinaj View Post
That way I have a place to ask: "should I use the dealer trade in program and trade in my 330A for a pair of 400M?".

Don’t waste your time, go straight for 888s...[emoji23]
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 02-16-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John49 View Post
Don’t waste your time, go straight for 888s...[emoji23]
Well I'm 32 years old serial entrepreneur so maybe by the time I'm 42 or 52? Otherwise I'll just keep playing the lotto!
Old 02-17-2018, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the videos Dan.
I enjoyed them a lot not only because I ordered a Neo 260D Cd player and dac, but also because I am pretty familiar with the people of Quebec.
In most fields, they are dedicated to great work, serious service and dedication. I lived in Montreal for 3 years. I learned a lot. They are pioneers, used to tough conditions. And they overcome.
From the deepest of my soul, I love Quebec and their people.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
Thanks for the videos Dan.
I enjoyed them a lot not only because I ordered a Neo 260D Cd player and dac, but also because I am pretty familiar with the people of Quebec.
In most fields, they are dedicated to great work, serious service and dedication. I lived in Montreal for 3 years. I learned a lot. They are pioneers, used to tough conditions. And they overcome.
From the deepest of my soul, I love Quebec and their people.
Jerome.......You are welcome. I did not know you lived in Montreal.

My Simaudio MOON Neo 260D transport break-in is progressing nicely. I have 152 hours on it at this time. Yesterday I swapped the Wireworld Silver Starlight digital coaxial cable between the 260D and the Yggdrasil DAC for a Wireworld Gold Starlight balanced AES/EBU digital cable. It is brand new, so I am going to let it get a hundred hours or more on it before I make a direct comparison of it against the Silver Starlight coaxial cable. Right out of the box the Gold Starlight AES/EBU cable sounded very good. This morning, with 23 hours on the Gold Starlight, it continues to sound wonderful. The Simaudio MOON Neo 260D and Yggdrasil DAC with the Gold Starlight AES/EBU digital interconnect make a very formidable digital source. I am extremely pleased with the sound of this combination.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 02-17-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jerome.......You are welcome. I did not know you lived in Montreal.

My Simaudio MOON Neo 260D transport break-in is progressing nicely. I have 152 hours on it at this time. Yesterday I swapped the Wireworld Silver Starlight digital coaxial cable between the 260D and the Yggdrasil DAC for a Wireworld Gold Starlight balanced AES/EBU digital cable. It is brand new, so I am going to let it get a hundred hours or more on it before I make a direct comparison of it against the Silver Starlight coaxial cable. Right out of the box the Gold Starlight AES/EBU cable sounded very good. This morning, with 23 hours on the Gold Starlight, it continues to sound wonderful. The Simaudio MOON Neo 260D and Yggdrasil DAC with the Gold Starlight AES/EBU digital interconnect make a very formidable digital source. I am extremely pleased with the sound of this combination.

Great news Dan !
I will also be very curious to read your impressions comparing the 260DT with your streamer.
I bought the 260 for only one reason. With all my former speakers, I was not able to hear clear differences between my drive and my streamer into both the McIntosh MDA1000 dac or the AMR DP777.
With my Altec based speakers, I do hear a slightly more musical sound when using my drive ( Meridian 500 ) which is excellent but getting a bit old.
So I wonder how the 260 will perform against my streamer.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:49 PM

I have my Moon 260 sitting waiting to be heard once the Yggdrasil arrives.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:05 PM

I enjoyed the Moon amps and Integrated products I owned in the early 2000's. Worked nicely with the Focal (JM Lab) speakers I was using.

Last edited by Still-One; 02-17-2018 at 06:32 PM.