AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Turntables & Vinyl > Analog Pressings

Old 06-07-2021, 05:12 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_hifi View Post
Bill, some excellent suggestions in the above responses.

As a general rule I would advise looking into the more relaxed albums/ballads of prominent jazzmen.

And later work you way into their more "challenging" ones if you feel like it.

Here are some suggestions... hope you'll enjoy them

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 06-07-2021, 05:34 PM

Well I found and ordered most of what Joel hifi suggested. I really appreciate you suggesting certain albums. I was able to listen to some of them on Youtube. I have not found the Bill Evans album yet. It is very expensive it appears even in cd version.

I have several albums that others have recommended. The wife thinks I have gone crazy since it is her Amazon account that is taking the worst hit...! Thanks all, keep them coming.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill
Old 06-08-2021, 03:33 AM
Member of the Music Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbgbill View Post
Well I found and ordered most of what Joel hifi suggested. I really appreciate you suggesting certain albums. I was able to listen to some of them on Youtube. I have not found the Bill Evans album yet. It is very expensive it appears even in cd version.

I have several albums that others have recommended. The wife thinks I have gone crazy since it is her Amazon account that is taking the worst hit...! Thanks all, keep them coming.
Bill, alternatively you might want to check this Bill Evan's album which is easier to find and also mostly composed of slower tunes.

This is the last suggestion I'm making, don't want to get into any sort of trouble

Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser
Old 06-08-2021, 03:36 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Bill, alternatively you might want to check this Bill Evan's album which is easier to find and also mostly composed of slower tunes.

This is the last suggestion I'm making, don't want to get into any sort of trouble

Trouble?!
AA is THE place where we help other people... to spend their money.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 06-08-2021, 03:47 PM
Member of the Music Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Trouble?!
AA is THE place where we help other people... to spend their money.
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser
Old 06-08-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:

Don't stop the suggestions, I done been in trouble before. You should have seen her when the mono blocks arrived and they picked up my "worn out" MC462....!
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill
Old 06-08-2021, 03:58 PM

Oh I might add that I did just buy the Bill Evans Trio album you just recommended.
Thanks,
Bill
Old 06-08-2021, 04:09 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbgbill View Post
Don't stop the suggestions, I done been in trouble before. You should have seen her when the mono blocks arrived and they picked up my "worn out" MC462....!

Hahaha Bill!
I usually tell my dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Hahaha Bill!

I usually tell my dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I’m guilty of that one too!
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 06-08-2021, 08:02 PM

This is like a master’s class in listening. Not a bad pull in the bunch. Bravo!
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v