AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:52 AM

Just curious ... no US distribution?

George
Old 05-26-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
Just curious ... no US distribution?

George
Correct...a calculated decision for the good of the customer.

You can buy from anywhere in the world and receive anywhere in the world as we already know; Hasegawa-san sells only direct. As I have been fortunate enough to get to know his thoughts on this and him over the last few years having bought several from him and tested others, he seeks to make a first rate quality product at a fair price and reasonable profit.

Adding formal distribution and dealers would interfere with the latter 2 goals.

The pre-sales, support and Q&A help is FREE and provided on various forums by several of us who like the brand. No downside to that...also anyone who delves into this deeply is a much better source of info than someone who spends less time thinking about such things as they have to know many other products yearly.

I can tell you that this topic was recently discussed earlier in 2020 again and a conscious decision not to add layers to the cost by adding distribution and other factors was made.

As an aside repair or recertify tests every few years is another factor. To truly have US or other distribution, you'd have to replicate this in the US and have people trained to Hasegawa-san and team's level...

http://www.cybershaft.jp/jplab01.html
http://www.cybershaft.jp/clockcal.html
http://www.cybershaft.jp/cyberqc01.html

Obviously not straightforward and would add large costs.

Happy to share more detail via phone anytime...just IM me.

FYI...there is an English/new website in the works but the process proceeds slowly as a background/spare time task.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:31 AM
Racing Hoopties

Default New Cybershaft 10Mhz master clock announced today...

Mark, Does Hasegawa-san offer upgrade services? Eg make my OP17 an OP21?
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 05-26-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Mark, Does Hasegawa-san offer upgrade services? Eg make my OP17 an OP21?
I believe so but it is model dependent and fee based of course. Give me a call anytime...
Old 08-06-2020, 06:32 PM

Have been considering a master clock for my dCS Clock and EtherREGEN switch. However, I'm a tad confused about the options when looking at the Cybershaft order page. I gather you purchase a unit with LPS built-in and plug into the wall, or add an external LPS and choose it via a switch, or buy one w/o built-in LPS and add an external LPS. Seems the second alternative, though more expensive, is a safety net of sorts. Am I right about these options? Also, I'm wondering about the best options for clock cabling. I'm using Transparent XLD 1.5M ones today from dCS Vivaldi Clock to DAC and Upsampler. Would it be best to keep getting same brand and lenght for the Cybershaft? And would replacing the power cable for the Cybershaft make much of a difference, based on your experience? If so, would either Shunyata or Synergistic Research be viable alternatives? By the way, I'd be plugging into an existing Shunyata DPC-6.

Sorry for all the questions. This would be a purchase based on faith. Normally I don't expend this sort of money in the absence of auditioning. But it seems clear I've no option unless I go with another offering, such as a Mutec Ref 10 SE120. And I don't know whether any of their dealers provide a return policy if you're dissatisfied.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:14 PM

I believe I've already responded in detail to you on WBF,..please check those responses.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:58 PM
Racing Hoopties

OP - you have THE best Cybershaft contact in the US with SCAudiophile trying to help you.

The only other person I know who may know more about Cybershaft products is Kenji Hasegawa the owner of the company.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 08-07-2020, 06:03 PM

Craig thank you for that,....I love music and these clocks help me achieve that!

I learned a lot from Kenji, Elberoth and others along with a key text or two on phase noise and its effects on the D to A chain overthe years so kudos where they belong!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
OP - you have THE best Cybershaft contact in the US with SCAudiophile trying to help you.

The only other person I know who may know more about Cybershaft products is Kenji Hasegawa the owner of the company.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:38 PM

For anyone interested now or in the future, I've recently been told that Cybershaft now has an "Overseas Web Shop" all in English:

[ NEW Cybershaft Overseas Web Shop ]

http://cybershaft.shop

the legacy Japanese site (http://cybershaft.jp) still works and you'll find a link to the above on the "For overseas (English)" menu item...