AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > General Speaker Discussion

General Speaker Discussion Calling all Speakers

Old 04-25-2019, 07:38 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylee View Post
After listening to a demo conducted by Richard Vandersteen himself in February of last year, I took delivery of the Vandersteen M5-HPA monoblocs last November. It is in essence the perfect match Richard envisioned. I adore the sound and the power of this combination. Tonally rich, powerful, and detailed.

I'm running a tube preamp, the Rogue Audio RP-9. It seems tube preamps synergize well with the M5-HPA.
Tube preamps are a perfect synergistic match with the M5-HPA and M7-HPA monoblocks. I used an ARC Ref10 preamp with my M7–HPA monoblocks and Vandersteen 7 Mk2 speakers for two years and it sounded amazing. In fact, it would still be in my system if I hadn’t opted for the MSB Select DAC, which sounds best with no external preamp.

Best,
Ken
Old 05-19-2019, 08:32 PM

I have received my Quatros and have an Aesthetix Calypso signature and stereo Aesthetix Atlas signature on order. The pre-amp and amp should be here in a few weeks. The Quatros are in cherry (blends well with other furniture) and are a real work of art. Looking forward to getting the system up and running. I want to thank everyone for the input.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:47 PM

Default Finally updating my Vandersteen 2s

It's been a while since I've visited this thread in the forum. I finally did something I've been wanting to do for some time. I ordered a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce Signature IIIs. I auditioned them earlier today. I am delaying delivery to work around some scheduled contractor work at home. The new speakers have so many technical innovations over the decades that they are a different animal internally from my 2Cs. They still maintained their open, simply disappear out of the way of the music "house" sound. They just consistently revealed more and more details of the music or sound tracks they play. It was also time to update my speaker cables and interconnect between amp and pre. Transparent now is in Gen 6. The ones I currently own are likely Gen 1s. I like Transparent's upgrade program. My 2Cs I'm giving to a good friend. I'll encourage him to put money towards decent amplification.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:42 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
It's been a while since I've visited this thread in the forum. I finally did something I've been wanting to do for some time. I ordered a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce Signature IIIs. I auditioned them earlier today. I am delaying delivery to work around some scheduled contractor work at home. The new speakers have so many technical innovations over the decades that they are a different animal internally from my 2Cs. They still maintained their open, simply disappear out of the way of the music "house" sound. They just consistently revealed more and more details of the music or sound tracks they play. It was also time to update my speaker cables and interconnect between amp and pre. Transparent now is in Gen 6. The ones I currently own are likely Gen 1s. I like Transparent's upgrade program. My 2Cs I'm giving to a good friend. I'll encourage him to put money towards decent amplification.

I had a pair of 2c in the late 80s and early 90s and for the money they're very hard to beat. They've been in production since the late 1970s.