AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 02-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Yeah, i have a contact within Shunyata that I've established a good relationship with, based on some "consulting work" that i did for them. He has alluded to a new line of ICs and SCs that were debuting soon.

I have to say that I think very highly of the company and it's products, and it's strong customer first orientation and service. They are genuinely interested in meeting the needs of their customers.

It's reasons like that that I support companies like Dynaudio, Shunyata, and Conrad-Johnson, because they stand behind their customers. I get the same impression from Wireworld's David Salz, who is a really nice guy.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:18 PM

Thanks for sharing. It's good to know that they are a company focused on customer service. To me that is paramount.

I'm also intrigued about how they continue to improve their products and yet not necessarily increase their prices. Actually, in some cases reduce prices!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:16 PM

Still breaking them in but these Venom 3's are pretty impressive. They are giving my former WW Silver Electras a run for their money and they're only about $100-$125 a piece. I haven't tried them on my C50/MC402 yet but they sound really great on my CJ.

I'm using a Venom on my Sonos with this adaptor too. I just need a little wood block?? or something to support the slighter longer extension of the combo.

Thanks for the recommendations Stephen.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:12 AM

A little follow up on what I did for my Venom 3 and adapter.

Before.....using an old remote for support.

After..... using a 1 1/2" maple wood cube for support.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:19 AM

Very smart
Old 06-08-2012, 01:27 AM

Thanks Joe
Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cisco View Post
Still breaking them in but these Venom 3's are pretty impressive. They are giving my former WW Silver Electras a run for their money and they're only about $100-$125 a piece. I haven't tried them on my C50/MC402 yet but they sound really great on my CJ.

I'm using a Venom on my Sonos with this adaptor too. I just need a little wood block?? or something to support the slighter longer extension of the combo.

Thanks for the recommendations Stephen.
'Cisco, you're very welcome.

I've found the Venom3s to be very impressive, especially considering their price, and they compete very favorably with much more expensive power cords. In my system, the Venom3s sonically outperform the WW Silver Electras, so my Silver Electra 5.2s are now being put to good effect in my Home Theatre system.

Funny about the wood block; I've got some of those, too! You can see them here supporting the Boos Bros maple cutting board that the Michell Gyro SE TT rests on top left:

Also have a set of four in a larger size. I'll have to remember that idea for the Mac Mini; I will be using a Venom3 with that adapter as well if/when I get a Mac Mini.

BTW, I am using the Shunyata 15/20 watt adapter so that I can power my Hydra 4 with a 15 amp Venom3 cord.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 06-08-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:52 AM

Stephen....I got those maple cubes off of the bay,which also comes in a 2" version. I assume that's what you're using.....

I'll have to remember about that Shunyata 15/20 watt adapter if I should go that route too.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cisco View Post
Stephen....I got those maple cubes off of the bay,which also comes in a 2" version. I assume that's what you're using.....

I'll have to remember about that Shunyata 15/20 watt adapter if I should go that route too.
Lavon,
I got my cubes from a crafts store, I think it was a local Michael's or something like that...

I would definitely think about getting a Hydra 8 or better power distributor at some point in time. Used Hydra 8s sell in the $950-$1200 price range and are well worth the money, in my experience. I bought my Hydra 8 used for $1200 and it was literally a component level upgrade. I was gobsmacked, as the Brits say, at how much of an improvement it was. And Shunyata tells me it can be upgraded to Version 2 status...

Last edited by Puma Cat; 06-08-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:01 AM

These Shunyata adapters retail for $150 each. Ouch! It's cheaper to just but a new cord.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ASHUNC20C15.jpg (39.1 KB, 8 views)