AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 08-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briz Vegaas View Post
From memory the grills on the B1 were packed separately. In Audio the definition of new can vary depending on the dealer, or in this case the distributor. This is not exclusive to audio of course.

What you have described sounds like floor stock that has had a busy life. They should have been open about the condition of the speaker if this was the case so you understood the reason for the steep discount. Many boxes in Australia do get opened for customs inspection so the box may get opened before it arrives at the distributor. You would think that they would check on the condition of the product on arrival for insurance purposes. My speakers were an order and the distributor unpacked and set them up for me.

The packaging crates for Vivid speakers weigh more than many speakers and being wood they would discourage mishandling.
I had a slight scuff mark from transit movement on the side of the speaker. My dealer provided me with a maintenance kit ( microfibre cloth and a quality car polish). Today the paint finish is without blemish. As mentioned elsewhere, I am fussy about keeping people and especially kids away from my speakers. Right now they need a good dusting however.
Haha!
Mine too!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 08-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Are the serial numbers sequential? Any chance they could have mixed up one speaker as a floor demo with something unopened?

My B1 were cosmetically flawless when I got them.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratt View Post
i am located South Korea, and problem is the distributor is changed, about year ago,
i bought this from old distributor and they offered me big discount, because they stopped the import the Vivid year ago, and few pair of speakers were left, and sold me one of the rest, but it is still new and never opened this is what they said..

i am so sad!!
Something doesn't sound right here.....was the dealer still authorized to sell Vivid? This almost sounds like some kind of grey market good sale. If they were still authorized, I, can't imagine Vivid not taking care of this based on the serial number of the damaged speaker.....I mean, we're not talking Best Buy products here. If the distributor/dealer was no longer authorized to sell the line, then it's another issue altogether.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 08-13-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Right, Thank you for your reply..

i would keep waiting for the their response, still not get any words.

at the beginning, i was thinking if i get replacement of damaged tweeter, but now i am thinking like they are disrespectful that they are not responding my emails, and passing this to dealer, i have no idea what to do..

however, how much did you pay for it?
and how did you order?

did you get the replacement include tapertubes? than it will cost alot..

i am thinking the why i should pay for the replacement that is already dented before packing or if dealer made one and lied me...

dealer would never accept this ever...

The dealer is part of Vivid Audio manufacture.
You dont have to replace the tube, it is separate to the tweeter. I paid, converting SA Rand to US, about $234 for the tweeter. This is a small expense given how amazing the speakers are and the fact that you got a decent discount. Let me know if I should get official tweeter prices for you
Old 08-13-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
You dont have to replace the tube, it is separate to the tweeter. I paid, converting SA Rand to US, about $234 for the tweeter. This is a small expense given how amazing the speakers are and the fact that you got a decent discount. Let me know if I should get official tweeter prices for you
Thank you much for your reply..
could you let me know how to order?

if vivid is not responding my email.. i have to buy one.. each.. for tweeter and official tweeter..

it would be appreciate if you can give me price for official tweeter also..

i have to replace for tweeter for sure but i would also get the official tweeter that has very tiny dot whole and little crease..

thank you so much..

but you know i still don't understand that i have to pay for the replace that i bought a new yes i got pretty big discount but it wasnt for the product has damaged.. and why they are still not response my email...

i have no amp setup yet so if anyone would recommend one set of pre and power?..

transparent, live music, dynamics are all i want!!
maybe all of us? haha
Old 08-13-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqman View Post
Are the serial numbers sequential? Any chance they could have mixed up one speaker as a floor demo with something unopened? My B1 were cosmetically flawless when I got them.
my speaker serial number is 2785, 2786..
is this right? two different number each speakers..
Old 08-13-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Something doesn't sound right here.....was the dealer still authorized to sell Vivid? This almost sounds like some kind of grey market good sale. If they were still authorized, I, can't imagine Vivid not taking care of this based on the serial number of the damaged speaker.....I mean, we're not talking Best Buy products here. If the distributor/dealer was no longer authorized to sell the line, then it's another issue altogether. - Buck
yes they are still selling few more vivid giya series..
and no more than that.. the distributor has now changed to new company but they are selling higher price than old dealer..

old dealer is selling the vivid speaker and offer big discount but they never says this is not the completed one or used or displayed.. ever..

i am very confuse and disappointed with vivid audio doesn't reply my emails and never try to take care of this problems.. who bought vivid speakers..
Old 08-13-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
my speaker serial number is 2785, 2786.. is this right? two different number each speakers..

That looks right. They should be one number different.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:00 AM

I am being looked after by the dealer and the distributor in Australia with my current little issue. I have to say that Vivid have not responded directly to emails despite the fact that I CC'd them in to the conversation. Maybe they were happy for the local guys to handle it. I will find out next week, i just need to arrange a time for them to drop round and replace my problem driver. I'm very happy with the service from the local guys at this point. You would think a simple, thanks for letting us know you had an issue, we are on to it would be appropriate from Vivid. The gap between manufacturer, designer and customer is much smaller these days. I exchanged many emails with Paul Hynes in Scotland who built my systems macbook power supply. Gees, i have even exchange emails with the artists about their music from time to time.

Looking at the broader hifi market these days I think as a high end manufacturer you need to step up to protect your brand image and reputation. Naim Audio do it and i think their customers are pretty loyal as a result, certainly relative to most other brands were customers seem pretty mercenary ( like many manufacturers i guess). Personally i think credit where credit where credit is due. Remember that it would cost much less for a company to do a swap than it would cost us to do the same paying retail. The cost is in the R&D , not necessarily in the replacement item unless shipping is horrendous. With a cosmetic or cone issue i personally would prefer a simple part replacement than a wasteful whole driver replacement, but. It depends on how it is built in the first place.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:30 AM

Bratt, I chatted to the CEO of Vivid, and he confirmed that they changed dealership in Korea because the old dealer that you bought from did not move any product. It appears that the old dealer is sour about the whole thing! Apparently they had stock just sitting for a very long time.

Philip confirmed that he did chat to the new dealer in korea about the situation and the dealer, details below, is more than willing to help you order parts, etc. It is their preference that the dealer handles this rather.

Design & Audio
Jung Young Jong
+82 2-540-7901 T
+82 2-540-7989 F
kattie21c@naver.com
Design And Audio Partners

Bratt it appears that you got the speakers very cheap, what did you pay if I may ask?

I would recommend you go and chat to Jung Young Jong and let him sort you out. They will come to you and do the installation of the tweeter, but you would have to pay for the part.

Regards,
Douglas

Last edited by Douglas; 08-14-2015 at 08:36 AM.