AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Where Pets Rule

Where Pets Rule Fur, Feathers, and Fins!

Old 01-11-2017, 06:39 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco1 View Post
Love the pictures of Rascal as i already love this cool little guy. Keep the pictures coming. rosco1
Hi Rosco 1,

There are so many pictures of Rascal it's no problem finding some to post.

I'll try to post them more frequently in the future.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 01-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Hi Rosco 1,

There are so many pictures of Rascal it's no problem finding some to post.

I'll try to post them more frequently in the future.

Terry

Definitely looking forward to that!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 01-11-2017, 06:45 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Definitely looking forward to that!
Bart,

Your so easy.

I'll do my best buddy.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 01-12-2017, 03:53 PM

Post Rascal keeps a "Smile" on our faces on a daily basis ...

Hello,

As time is passing I'm trying to catch Rascal in pictures while he is doing some of the things that makes you "Smile".

It might seem like an easy thing to do but I promise you one has to constantly have your cell camera ready in a second.

But I'm getting better at watching him and trying to take the pictures as he does so many interesting things here in the house.

Today I think I was really Lucky as I have several pictures of him I can share below.

The 1st two (2) are him as he decided to walk over and lie down between my keyboard and the computer monitor.

If you look closely at the pictures it will give you some idea of his overall length.

My H/P Monitor is 23-inches wide so look at Rascal in comparison to the monitor he is lying against.

Next pictures are where he decided to check out the Microwave to see what Dad was having for lunch.
Now if these next pictures don't have you Smiling then you might not be a lover of Kittens.
I took these in sequence so you could see what he really does that we see but most of the time don't get to share with you.

He's thinking it over,

He's just about made his decision,

He made his decision and now is checking things out and notice how "Doggone" TALL he really is at 6-Months old on the 10th of this month,

Okay here he is Full-Length completely stretched-out,

Here he is looking at Dad, BUSTED

You probably cannot really appreciate a Kitten/Cat like Rascal unless you had him 24/7 and watched all the things he thinks up to do.
When I say he is Smart that's putting it Mildly.
Folks don't ever think that all Kittens/Cats are dummies as I promise you some of them are Very Smart/Clever.

Thanks for viewing,

Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 PM

Post 2nd trip to Maine Delite Cattery in Dublin, Ohio this past weekend ...

Hi,

For those of you that did not know Cathy and I just made a 2nd trip to see Mickey the owner of Maine-Delite-Cattery in Dublin, Ohio.

We drove up last Friday and came back on Sunday.

It was for multiple reasons that we drove up.

We wanted to hang-out with our friends from San Antonio & LaVernia, Texas as they all three (3) were picking up three (3) Maine Coon Kittens.
(They would be Tom Cochran, Tom's Brother, Cal Cochran & Rosalie, Cal's Wife)

Also I had finally completed a Special Personal Gift to Mickey about Rascal "Big-Red-Boy" that I was going to ship to her.
Since Cathy and I were driving up we could deliver the gift in person.
We were not sure we would be able to drive up based on weather conditions going up, coming from Franklin, TN. to Dublin, OH. in January 2017.
As it turned out the weather was cooperating just fine with temperatures being around 50 degrees.

The crew from Texas actually flew up and back to Texas.
As that turned out to be nothing more than a Major Catastrophe for them going in both directions.
We actually made the drive to Dublin, OH going faster than they did flying by many-many-many hours.
They had all sorts of on going issues ranging from, flight delays, arrivals, wind issues, you name it and it happened !!!

But it all worked out just lovely for the Texas crew and they met Mickey Cole and got the Full Blown Tour and got to ask and discuss
anything and everything they ever wanted to know about Maine Coon Kittens and Cats.
They also got to actually see all the Adult Maine Coons that Mickey had at her Cattery.
And they were to say the least, SURPRISED and in some cases SPEECHLESS.
Mickey's Maine Coons run on the Larger Size as they have European Blood-Lines so they are Long, Tall and one could say Rather LARGE in Size.

Oh they got to also see in person Riggs (Rascal's Dad) and Taylor (Rascal's Mom) and they are Large Maine Coon Cats for sure but only 2-3 years old.
Even as Large as they currently are they don't reach Maturity until the age of 5-Years Old.
So they were not Full-Size which comes as a real Surprise to a person that has never seen an Adult Maine Coon Male & Female cat.
Trust me when I type this that the only way you would know they were not full grown was by Mickey explaining how many years it takes for her Maine Coon cats to reach full maturity.
As a person simply looking that knew nothing about Maine Coon Cats, Riggs and Taylor were definitely Very-Large-Cats already !!!

We all did go out and eat several times together as Mickey picked out some great places to go that were close by in driving time and distance.

Plus she also had tons of all sorts of Snacks, Coffee, Soft Drinks, Mixed-Cut-Up Fruit etc. for everyone to enjoy.

Oh speaking of the three (3) new 12-week-old-kittens that Tom, Cal & Rosalie were picking up.
They were off the main living area in the enclosed porch area where we could watch them play.
And believe me at 12-weeks old they certainly are full of themselves.
Tom's Female was a Silver, Cal & Rosalie's were two (2) females also, Nikki was Brown Classic and Tammy was Brown Patch in color.
We got to also see the three (3) of the Wild-Bunch eat supper that Mickey prepared ..........
Now that is funny to see if you have never had the opportunity to watch three (3) 12-week old kittens go after their supper/food.
They don't play around and you have to get all three plates of food to them immediately or they will jump on the other one's plate of food.
They are little pigs. LOL !!!

After Mickey took the Texas crew down to the lower level to see where the new born ones are she brought them back up and took them in to where their kittens were.
So they could play with them and also, if they could get a kitten to stop for a second, actually touch, pat, rub, hold them.
Kittens don't stand still long at a time unless they wear themselves out and then they do actually curl up on one another and nap.
(They are really cute, folks, when they are napping)

Oh before I forget we also all got to meet friends of Mickey's and also Mickey's daughter.
There was Marilyn from Indianapolis, IN.
Marilyn and Mickey are long term friends for over 50 years.
Mickey was originally from Indianapolis, IN as well as Marilyn that is still located there.
Marilyn also has a Maine Coon Cattery.
Madeline, another friend of Mickey's, was nice enough to drive over and she does live in Dublin, OH.
She has one (1) Male Coon named Blue that as I recall weighs 24.5 Lbs.
He is a very big boy and her buddy.
She also has two (2) Oriental Short Hairs.

Lindsey (Mickey's daughter), as strange as this is, is Highly Allergic to Cats !!!
That's right Mickey's daughter can't even stay in the house any length of time as she could not breath.
So she did do me a Favor and did the Video of her Mom opening her Special Gift from Rascal that his Dad delivered.
Then Lindsey had to leave before the cats effected her breathing.

I did take pictures and Lindsey, as I said above, came by to do the video of her Mom opening her gift.
(Thanks Lindsey)

To summarize the above visit we all had a really Terrific time visiting with each other.
The Texas Crew as I said flew back on Sunday and eventually got home that evening after awhile hanging at multiple airports.
Cathy and I actually could stay longer as we were simply driving back and that was like a 7 hour drive.
So we went over and met up with Mickey on Sunday morning and went together and had breakfast.
Then back over to her house and hung out until noon and off we went to drive back.
I'll do the pictures now and also the video Lindsey took for us to enjoy and share with others.

Cathy and I ready to leave and head to Dublin, OH on Friday morning.

We just arrived at the Hotel.

Here we are looking out our room's window that faces the entrance.

Look really close and who do you see at the window ???
Cathy is waving at me from our room.

Here I am the next morning ready to head out for breakfast with the Texas Crew and of course Mickey.

Oh I did remember to get a picture of the Texas Crew & Mickey in the Hotel as we were getting ready to go to breakfast.

This is a picture of Cathy with the gang as we were now all ready to leave for Saturday's breakfast.

Left to Right in picture below.

Rosalie Cochran, "Cal's wife", Cathy "My wife", Cal Cochran " Rosalie's Hubby & Tom's Brother", The Mickey Cole, Tom Cochran.
(No I'm not in the picture as I was voted the photographer)

The whole crew at breakfast and having fun already.

Below is us looking into the (Screened in Porch) and that is Riggs, Rascal's dad sitting there on the stand.
The sunlight makes the picture unfortunately not show up Riggs but this is the best I could do.

In this next picture several things are actually happening.
Tom is asking his questions to Mickey and they are typed on three (3) pages with a 14-Pitch Font on legal size paper.
Cal his brother is adding commentary and also taking multiple pages of hand-written-notes on his tiny-little-scratch-pad. LOL !!!
Tom also after going over his extensive notes (Volunteered) to (Assemble) Cal & Rosalie's soft carriers for their kittens.
Tom told his brother Cal something like, (Cal I don't mind helping you guys as I took the time to Practice doing mine while I was home so I would be totally prepared). LOL !!!
Well you just had to be there in person as it was actually funny believe me and Cal at that point simply Gave-Up .....

Lindsey took the next picture of some of us clowning around.
Madeline is on the far right in this picture one of Mickey's local friends.
Marilyn from Indianapolis, IN is to the right of Cathy and next is Mickey laughing it up.
(Thanks so much Marilyn for driving over and hanging out with all of us)

Below is Lindsey (Mickey's daughter) and me after she did the video you will see below.

Lastly below is the Special Gift for Mickey that represents Rascal the (Big Red Boy) to show appreciation to her from both of us.
As I have said in past posts here Rascal is a very-very "Special" Male Maine Coon Cat.
He was not for sale or up for Adoption to anyone as Mickey was going to keep Rascal for herself and he would have replaced his Dad Riggs for Breeding & Showing.
He is the Ultimate (World-Class Show Cat) and the very-very-best of Mickey's Maine Delite Breeding Program.
I mention the above in the lame attempt to show why I have done some of the things I have for Mickey revolving around Rascal.
Rascal to me is so very special and for Mickey to have thought enough of Cathy & me to let us Adopt him I honestly can't do enough to show just how appreciative I am to Mickey.

So below are the pictures I took of what I finally decided to do and present to Mickey in person this past weekend.

I hope you that love animals and those that do know about Maine Coon Cats will appreciate what I thought up from Rascal to his Mom (Mickey Cole).

Just to share information with everyone the SWAROVSKI Crystal Maine Coons shown below are the same Crystal we have in our Chandeliers at home.
It is simply Beautiful and Breathtaking if you have ever seen it.
The pictures below will simply not actually be able to show you just how outstandingly beautiful they really are.

The items below are what made up the gift box.

The Trophy House here in Franklin, TN. did all the work.
The fellow that did it is Brian he has been with The Trophy House as I recall for over 10-Years.
And when I tell you that a lot of thought on his part went into this Project that's an understatement.
You're going to see the (Final Results) below but trust me guys it was not by any means a simple Process !!!
(Thanks so much Brian)

Below is the Actual Gift-Box that was presented to Mickey.

I think all of you will love seeing, listening to the below video as it surely was an Awesome time for all that were there in attendance.
(Click on YouTube for Full-Size-Video)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZUyr9Mgljw"]YouTube[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZUyr9Mgljw[/ame]

This is Mickey and I after she opened the gift from Rascal and me.

This is Mickey with the Special Plaque that was in the box.

This is Cathy, Mickey & I as we were getting ready to leave to drive back to Franklin, TN on Sunday at noon.

Thanks for viewing,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-25-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Terry.......That was a great gift. Mickey will remember that for the rest of her life. So thoughtful of you, Cathy, and of course Rascal.

This last post was fun to read and see the photos. Thanks for posting.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 01-25-2017, 03:48 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Terry.......That was a great gift. Mickey will remember that for the rest of her life. So thoughtful of you, Cathy, and of course Rascal.

Indeed Dan.

Terry, it's great fun to follow the adventures of Mr Rascal and his family!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 01-25-2017, 08:42 AM

Default Lil Rascal

Great story and great pictures. Keep them coming as i too have a cat named Lil Rascal. I look forward to your posts. Thanks- rosco1
Old 01-25-2017, 01:32 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Mickey took that to her office on Monday as she is the President of Univenture.

http://www.univenture.com/about/bios.html

Michele Cole - President

Michele joined Univenture in 1992 bring 12 years
of manufacturing Quality Process expertise as
senior quality Lab Analyst at W.R. Grace/Cryovac
and Quality Assurance Manager RCA
Selectivision/Video Disc production facility both
in Indianapolis, Indiana. Studied at Indiana
University/Purdue University Indianapolis
Architectural Engineering & continuing at Ohio
State University. After four years helping
Univenture start-up Michele accepted the
position of VP of Sales and Marketing.
Five years later Michele turned to
Operations to further develop production capabilities. Michele's packaging
contribution spans a wide range of industries including disc replication,
software, entertainment, government and educational related to digital
media.
Promoted to President in the fall of 2003.

The Maine Coon Cattery is simply her love of the Maine Coon Breed.
It is a small operation in size as it's a personal hobby of hers.

Her Maine Coons have European blood-lines so they are taller, larger cats and take approximately 5-years to reach Maturity.

They are very-very high quality cats ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Indeed Dan.

Terry, it's great fun to follow the adventures of Mr Rascal and his family!
I'm glad some of you enjoy following Rascal's development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco1 View Post
Great story and great pictures. Keep them coming as i too have a cat named Lil Rascal. I look forward to your posts. Thanks- rosco1
Well both of us have a mutual interest for sure.

Guys,

I have a question for all of you ..........

Is the video showing up and working on my post above ???

I did see it yesterday when I did the post but now I don't see it any-longer.

Terry

Old 01-25-2017, 02:25 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post

I did see it yesterday when I did the post but now I don't see it any-longer.
I can only see it when I quote you Terry.