AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > TAD Speakers & Electronics

TAD Speakers & Electronics Technical Audio Devices Laboratories

Old 06-14-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Stick around folks. Joe will be here all week. .
And, twice on Sunday. Don't forget to tip your waitress.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Are those the new "Turbine" connectors?

That was a big deal back in the day.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:14 PM

Joe,

Congrats on your new combo. I bet it sounds amazing with Burmester pre. You ended up with a system that is in a way similar to what a friend of mine is using - he has 077 + outboard PSU + a pair of 911 mk3 configured as monos.

Now it is time for a quality source component for you. You will be amazed how much better your system will sound.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Some other interesting things I discovered about the Burmester 111 are quite interesting. The high-resolution 7" display was originally conceived as a display for use in the aviation industry, and used in the Airbus A380.
Dan,

With all due respect, those are just marketing fairy tales. Krell for example, used to claim that their PCBs are stuffed by the same subcontractor that manufacturers PCBs for US submarines. Which, of course, could have been true, but has no real relation to the quality of audio product. Both from sonic and reliability point of view.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:27 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
Joe,

Congrats on your new combo. I bet it sounds amazing with Burmester pre. You ended up with a system that is in a way similar to what a friend of mine is using - he has 077 + outboard PSU + a pair of 911 mk3 configured as monos.

Now it is time for a quality source component for you. You will be amazed how much better your system will sound.
Thanks Adam!

A good source is next on my list. I'll have to seek your advice when the time comes.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
Dan,

Thank you. I think my dedicated outlets brought the goods and really helped everything out.
I can't conceive of those wonderful amps being run from anything but dedicated outlets. I think top line pc cords are also a must for amps like you have.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I can't conceive of those wonderful amps being run from anything but dedicated outlets. I think top line pc cords are also a must for amps like you have.
Thank you Charles,

My other old ac outlets must have been VERY bad. It is like a night and day difference. I wonder how gear I've sold because I wasn't crazy about it, was the fault of my stinky AC outlets and not the gear itself. It really makes me wonder.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Thank you Charles,

My other old ac outlets must have been VERY bad. It is like a night and day difference. I wonder how gear I've sold because I wasn't crazy about it, was the fault of my stinky AC outlets and not the gear itself. It really makes me wonder.
I believe that dedicated outlets, preferably 20 amp, are a must for power amps. I believe that excellent line conditioners are a must for preamps and digital front ends. Excellent power cords are a must everywhere. It is being pennywise and pound foolish if you don't. The quality of the power is critical to any high end system, especially with high resolution speakers like
TAD. Traces of hardness or brightness thought to be attributable to the speaker or amp may in actuality be due to noisy inadequate power.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Thank you Charles,

Joe
I also have dedicated 20 amps line for each amp and another 20 amp line for my other gear. I really could hear no difference when they were added. For me it was just the comfort factor of knowing the power would be there if required.

Jim
Old 06-15-2012, 12:29 PM

It seems that my new lines either reduced or eliminated the dc I was getting on my lines. Everything is much more quiet now. Yippee!