AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 12-28-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Great set up and wow, those subs!! How do you find the difference with the Dartzeel amp?
Thanks!
The Dart seems to throw a wider/deeper soundstage than my Ayre setup, probably doesn't have quite as much power, but only noticeable if you are absolutely cranking it. Maybe just a touch more detail or something out of the Dart as well, hard to tell...I didn't do any side by side comparisons though...
Old 12-28-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famester V1 View Post
Subs galore!
That is very sweet!
May I ask, how wide is your room?
I have 2 subs, JL Audio and thinking of trying Wilson Maxx 3 or entry level Alexx, not sure if my 10 foot wide room would support all of this.
And btw.. that Eames chair looks excellent. Looking for one soon.
Thanks!
Fred
Hey Fred, thank you!

My room is 16'4" wide...
Old 12-28-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Fantastic looking system. What drove you to get so many subs? Wouldn't a pair be sufficient, what does the 6-pack give you? Just curious, I don't have any subs but have been thinking about it.
Hey Marc,

I was inspired by a Tone Magazine review on the REL Line Array: https://www.tonepublications.com/review/relno25sixpack/ and always wanted to try it. There is also a great explainer from REL themselves on the reasoning:
https://rel.net/blog/2016-10-11/syst...e-line-arrays/

Overall, it is the effortless way that the bottom end of the music is handled that I find so addictive...the bottom subs handle the very lowest bass, the mids cover the mid level bass, and the top subs cover the highest of the bass, think guitar strings etc. I really loved the sound of the Alumine threes on their own, but once you add this level of bass support, it is so much more realistic. I'm not listening to it like someone with 15" subs buzzing out of their 87 Nissan, it's all dialed in...though as mentioned above, I have no doubt, room to improve that still.

Cheers!
Old 12-28-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Absolutely gorgeous system. I have to say that your choice of Swiss components is impeccable. I am sure the darTZeel CTH-8550 integrated and Stenheim Alumine Three complement each other sonically. The REL stack seems a perfect compliment to the Alumine three's from what I can read about the speaker. The Esoteric seems a superb choice for a CD/DAC. The ancillary gear well thought out. I like the way you have the subs in the same plane as the speakers. I can see why you are so pleased with the sound. Congratulations on a fabulous accomplishment!

Best

Charles
Thank you for the kind words Charles, I appreciate it!
Old 12-28-2021, 05:23 PM

Great looking system!
Old 12-28-2021, 06:12 PM
Life is beautiful

Wonderful indeed!
Very well executed.
I love the stacks!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 12-28-2021, 08:19 PM

Nicely done. 👍🎶🎶🎶
What song was playing when you took the photo with your dog?
Old 12-28-2021, 09:08 PM

Outstanding setup. I’m sure the REL 6-pack does a great job of integrating the bass and improving soundstage.

Cheers from across the border just east of Bellingham.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 12-28-2021, 09:38 PM

Wow OP! What a terrific setup. Well executed too. At first I thought...Why 6 subs? But then I realized..., Why Not!

For a first true 2 channel room you certainly nailed it.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 12-28-2021, 10:04 PM

Default Kahuna's New System

[QUOTE=FreddieFerric;1051986]Wow OP! What a terrific setup. Well executed too. At first I thought...Why 6 subs? But then I realized...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1640743442.806676.jpg (56.2 KB, 86 views)
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.