AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Classe' Audio

Classe' Audio Uncompromising Audio

Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovaird
Bill - what amps are you using? If I was going down this route, I would look at the ModWright KWI200 with the optional DAC (and Phono) card. The MOSFETS in the KWI200 should give you a nice tube like sound.

Do you need bass management with your F113's? You could look at the ModWright KWI200 with a Velodyne SMS-1.

Another option is the McIntosh C50.

Admittedly, the CP-800 certainly gives you a lot of candy for money. Hard to beat...and everything worked flawlessly when I had it. I just couldn't get use to the sound. Sorry...but that was just me. You may love it in your room.

That being said, a Classe' setup is on my list to explore for my Family Room setup.

Your MS300 going into the Classe' CP-800 could give you a world class digital performer. I would put a Bryston BDP-2 upstairs and move my Mac Mini downstairs. I would also add a sub (or two) to my Bookshelf speakers and the CP-800 bass management would handle the crossover. OK, damn it, it does have a lot of features for the money!

Make sure you check out some of the new NAD stuff as well.

What about PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC II and Memory Player? The PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC II can be used as a preamp.

Lots of great options.

Mike
Looked at the NAD stuff, the M51 is quite possibly the hottest product in its segment. HDMI in/out and 38bit /nearly unlimited kHz.. USB class2 24/192! Very appealing.. Where is the NAD amp to pair or a M2 mk II???

I'm going to audition all the Mc preamps so I know what I perceive as the real difference. I want McIntosh to win and it may if the MCD1100 is as good as jdandy and Masterlu say it is.. If true.. then I may use the MCD1100 as a preamp and DAC from my Apple Computer.

If I stick with Klipsch then it's a no brainier to use the MC275. Otherwise, the MC601 pair is in my sights and maybe Harbeth 40.1, who knows!

Back to the CP-800 & CA-M600 w/ 802s, I'm sure I'd be like everyone else or look like Im trying to copy Abbey Road Studios.. Still great looking and fantastic sounding system could be at hand, with pro credibility.

Lots and lots of options is right! Love this hobby!!
Bill

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 10-14-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o

Looked at the NAD stuff, the M51 is quite possibly the hottest product in its segment. HDMI in/out and 38bit /nearly unlimited kHz.. USB class2 24/192! Very appealing.. Where is the NAD amp to pair or a M2 mk II???

I'm going to audition all the Mc preamps so I know what I perceive as the real difference. I want McIntosh to win and it may if the MCD1100 is as good as jdandy and Masterlu say it is.. If true.. then I may use the MCD1100 as a preamp and DAC from my Apple Computer.

If I stick with Klipsch then it's a no brainier to use the MC275. Otherwise, the MC601 pair is in my sights and maybe Harbeth 40.1, who knows!

Back to the CP-800 & CA-M600 w/ 802s, I'm sure I'd be like everyone else or look like Im trying to copy Abbey Road Studios.. Still great looking and fantastic sounding system could be at hand, with pro credibility.

Lots and lots of options is right! Love this hobby!!
Bill

The MCD1100 is that good. I would never sell mine. Incredible quad dacd, cd, SACD, options galore. Incredible sound.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovaird

The MCD1100 is that good. I would never sell mine. Incredible quad dacd, cd, SACD, options galore. Incredible sound.
Ok Mike, I'll add you in with Ivan and Dan. The dealer near where I will be in Dec has both McIntosh and Classe, I plan on bringing my MCD500 & MS300!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
Ok Mike, I'll add you in with Ivan and Dan. The dealer near where I will be in Dec has both McIntosh and Classe, I plan on bringing my MCD500 & MS300!

Here is my dealer's show room..

Old 01-03-2013, 03:46 AM

I own a cp-800, ca-2300, B&W 802 Diamond connected with a mac mini and A+.I play my ripped cds or a lot HD music bought from HD Tracks,Linn, and so on.
i have to say that i am greatly satisfied with this combination.musically speaking it is great.
only disappointing that the update to make the DAC work at 24/192 and the ethernet port alive has not happened yet despite a lot of "promises". right now cp-800 is almost two years old now.maybe is time for me to move on?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 PM

The DAC does work at 24/192 using the Coax or AES/EBU input with software version 1.01. The USB input is limited right now to 24/96.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas72 View Post
I own a cp-800, ca-2300, B&W 802 Diamond connected with a mac mini and A+.I play my ripped cds or a lot HD music bought from HD Tracks,Linn, and so on.
i have to say that i am greatly satisfied with this combination.musically speaking it is great.
only disappointing that the update to make the DAC work at 24/192 and the ethernet port alive has not happened yet despite a lot of "promises". right now cp-800 is almost two years old now.maybe is time for me to move on?
Stay the course. I know someone inside Classe who told me they are testing it. He figured March. Maybe April at the latest. It WILL require you to send the unit in.

Mike
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovaird View Post
Stay the course. I know someone inside Classe who told me they are testing it. He figured March. Maybe April at the latest. It WILL require you to send the unit in.
Mike........Wait a minute. After all the MCD1100 bashing over its USB input not operating at 32bit/192kHz when it was released, and how this is ruining McIntosh's reputation, now I'm hearing the Classe' CP-800 is without even 24bit/192kHz capabilities and no actual delivery time for the firmware update even after two years, plus a dead Ethernet port. Oh my! Looks like Classe' may be on the skids, too. Where are all the Classe' dooms day saber rattlers? This is horrible.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Mike........Wait a minute. After all the MCD1100 bashing over its USB input not operating at 32bit/192kHz when it was released, and how this is ruining McIntosh's reputation, now I'm hearing the Classe' CP-800 is without even 24bit/192kHz capabilities and no actual delivery time for the firmware update even after two years. Oh my! Looks like Classe' may be on the skids, too. Where are all the Classe' dooms day saber rattlers? This is horrible.
That wasn't the issue. The first MCD1100 was a brick. The second wouldn't play SACD's (noise on right channel), the third MCD1100 USB didn't even work (nothing - regardless of bit rate), and the fourth was perfect and I sold it. The Classe is 24/96 (on USB only and 24/192 on all other inputs) and is fine for the $ I paid for it (new). The USB only being 24/96 (for now) is well advertised to potential buyers AND the 24/96 will downsample and play 24/196 files....so I'm cool with that. If I had to pack it up - three times - and it was misadvertised, then, oh you bet, I would be ticked. That being said, if I buy a new CD/SACD player (which I need since my Oppo is my only player now) - it would be Esoteric all the way.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Mike........Wait a minute. After all the MCD1100 bashing over its USB input not operating at 32bit/192kHz when it was released, and how this is ruining McIntosh's reputation, now I'm hearing the Classe' CP-800 is without even 24bit/192kHz capabilities and no actual delivery time for the firmware update even after two years, plus a dead Ethernet port. Oh my! Looks like Classe' may be on the skids, too. Where are all the Classe' dooms day saber rattlers? This is horrible.
Dan,

Stay the course, stay the course................

When I read about this a few hours ago I was laughing so hard I nearly fell off my chair.