AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > B&W Speakers

B&W Speakers Bowers & Wilkins Greatest

Old 08-27-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
hdvidguy..... Would you mind telling me more about the "cubed" type Bryston amps? As I understand the design, it's a modular amplifier system...but please correct me if I'm wrong. Your impressions would be greatly appreciated.
Lots of great reviews online. Sorry, I haven’t heard them so far. Do you have a Bryston dealer close by?

Last edited by hdvidguy; 08-27-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:29 AM

Default Bryston Dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvidguy View Post
Lots of great reviews online. Sorry, I haven’t heard them so far. Do you have a Bryston dealer close by?
HD Vid Guy..... I'm still getting my feet wet with respect to Bryson. Given what I've read, so far, they seem to be a fairly conservative audio equipment manufacturer that designs and builds equipment that's as durable as Mac. One thing that's definitely caught our attention is the fact that they've been around a while and, more to the point, that they have a long warranty period. I like that.

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 08-28-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
HD Vid Guy..... I'm still getting my feet wet with respect to Bryson. Given what I've read, so far, they seem to be a fairly conservative audio equipment manufacturer that designs and builds equipment that's as durable as Mac. One thing that's definitely caught our attention is the fact that they've been around a while and, more to the point, that they have a long warranty period. I like that.
And fantastic service! I live about an hour away from them here in Canada. For their digital products, if you have any issues, they can log in remotely to diagnose and potentially fix it for any software related issues.

I had a Krell KSA 250 prior to my Bryston 14b. The Krell was a beast and rated Classe ‘A’ back in the day. The 14B completely out classed it.

I’m looking at moving to 28B Cubed in the near future.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:10 AM

I stand corrected but I do believe that the electrocompaniet nemos were specially designed to handle the 800 nautilus
Old 08-30-2020, 01:07 AM

Talking A new addition to our Sig

ALL.... Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. There's a new addition to our signature (below): one red cherry B&W HTM3S, which brings us up to five speakers for our simple 5.1 channel goal.

Although we haven't, as yet, tried the new center with our 802N fronts, I will make a point of getting back to the thread once we have our pre-pro and amplification "holes" filled.

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections