AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 08-19-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azbiker View Post
Nice Ducs. I totally agree with you when it comes to clicking with a bike or not. Bikes do have, for lack of a better term, different personalities. I know you get it. For some people, especially people who have never ridden, it's hard to describe when they ask why I have several different bikes. I also like that GT-R rear end in the photo. How do you like it?
That was some time ago Terry. I’ve owned many different toys over the decades. The GT-R was a very impressive car, very capable but like most modern cars, unless you are cracking triple digits, it feels like it’s standing still. The 3.0 sec 0-60 launches got old after a few tries as the stomach would be somewhere near the throat In the end I was impressed but not moved. I enjoyed the Audi R8 V-10 with a gated manual much more after the GT-R
Old 08-20-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
That was some time ago Terry. I’ve owned many different toys over the decades. The GT-R was a very impressive car, very capable but like most modern cars, unless you are cracking triple digits, it feels like it’s standing still. The 3.0 sec 0-60 launches got old after a few tries as the stomach would be somewhere near the throat In the end I was impressed but not moved. I enjoyed the Audi R8 V-10 with a gated manual much more after the GT-R
V10 with the gated manual. That's a fairly rare car and a hoot to drive I'm sure. I have two fun cars I'll be keeping for awhile. I do have a 2022 RS6 on order to add. That will give us a fun car that can carry more than two people and also will be a long term auto for us. Neither of us commute, so our miles do not pile up. We have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit that has been our everyday vehicle, but it is usually dirty as I take it to the range twice weekly which involves a good 3/4 mile of dusty dirt/gravel each way. The RS 6 will get some more use for my wifes yoga class and my errands.

Getting back to bikes and Honda. A good friend called me last night excited as he had just bought a 1990 RC30 with only 3000 miles from the original owner. It had been lovingly kept in his home the last 20 years, drained, lubed, and plastics removed and wrapped. To say my friend is over the moon would be an understatement.

Terry
Old 08-20-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
V10 with the gated manual. That's a fairly rare car and a hoot to drive I'm sure. I have two fun cars I'll be keeping for awhile. I do have a 2022 RS6 on order to add. That will give us a fun car that can carry more than two people and also will be a long term auto for us. Neither of us commute, so our miles do not pile up. We have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit that has been our everyday vehicle, but it is usually dirty as I take it to the range twice weekly which involves a good 3/4 mile of dusty dirt/gravel each way. The RS 6 will get some more use for my wifes yoga class and my errands.

Getting back to bikes and Honda. A good friend called me last night excited as he had just bought a 1990 RC30 with only 3000 miles from the original owner. It had been lovingly kept in his home the last 20 years, drained, lubed, and plastics removed and wrapped. To say my friend is over the moon would be an understatement.
We are a two Jeep family last few years and we’ve leased a Grand Cherokee every three years for many years now. I’ve owned more Grand Cherokees of various generations in my life than any other brand or model.

My wife loves her Grand Cherokee Overland and I have a lot of fun driving a Rubicon Wrangler which is my convertible fun. Both are reliable vehicles that got us through some nasty snow and weather.

RC30 was a wet dream for many, I remember that bike well. My local dealer kept one around on display. congrats to your friend! That’s a keeper.

Last edited by PHC1; 08-20-2021 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-22-2021, 10:41 PM

Speaking of Honda RC30.

https://youtu.be/MNReOsgKQ48
Old 08-28-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Speaking of Honda RC30.

https://youtu.be/MNReOsgKQ48
Thanks for posting that link. I really enjoyed the video. I sent the link to my friend who recently acquired the RC30.

Terry
Old 08-28-2021, 01:02 PM

Honda CBX 1050 - The Motorcycle That Sounds Better Than A F1 Car

https://youtu.be/lal5UgVyiiU
Old 08-29-2021, 11:20 AM

The gentleman my friend bought the RC30 from also has two 1978-79 Honda CBX's. One is still new in the crate and one with miles.

Terry
Old 08-29-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
The gentleman my friend bought the RC30 from also has two 1978-79 Honda CBX's. One is still new in the crate and one with miles.
WOW! Sound like a dedicated collector. Must have been hard to part with the RC30 unless he had more than one!
Old 08-30-2021, 11:12 AM

Yes, very hard to part with it from what my friend told me. They have had a relationship for a few years after originally being introduced through a mutual friend. The gentleman is a rider and collector who is getting on in years and has some health problems. He wanted the RC30 to go to a good home where he knew it would stay locally and not be resold. My friend has a large car collection in nice temperature controlled buildings so the RC30 will reside there with a few bikes. I know how hard it will be for me to finally stop riding and part with my bikes. Fortunately, my son rides so most would stay in the family with the rest going to close friends who are younger, but are good riding buddies.

Terry
Old 09-03-2021, 10:37 AM

Came across this youtube channel called "TwinThing Custom Motorcycles".

Very creative cinematography and cool retro/custom bike builds from two brothers out of Dubai who seem to film in various countries and cool places.

Check it out if you are into bikes!

https://youtu.be/uI4aPrNJBK4