AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 04-22-2020, 10:07 PM

Sorry for the necropost, but has anyone bought one of these? I've been scouring the internet for the past few days and there is a dearth of information beyond a couple of forum posts and the press release.

The pricing on this lines it up with the Niagara 3000 and Furman IT-REF 15I. The competing units seem to have way more in the way of actual power conditioning vs. protection, however Mac unit seems like a tidy little package for relatively (in the Mac world) low bucks.

Are there any owners that can chime in with feeback? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:42 AM

Need an advice please :
Regarding Power Controller Model MPC500 ,
Is there an option to configure all Switched receptacles ( Outlets )
To be ON ALL THE TIME ( LIVE ) like the UNSWITCHED outlet ?
As I need to connect external devices that need to always be powered ( Like TV or Blu-ray )
Thanks.

Last edited by rony; 09-07-2021 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:54 AM

The switched outlets are always on. They are all able to be activated by triggering which is how my system is set up. I have my amps, cd and preamp plugged into the switched outlets. My turntable and an ipod are plugged into the unswitched. All units are in standby mode untill I turn on the preamp which triggers all units except the turntable to turn on. Hope this makes sense. There is power always at the unswitched and switched outlets.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-07-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbgbill View Post
The switched outlets are always on. They are all able to be activated by triggering which is how my system is set up. I have my amps, cd and preamp plugged into the switched outlets. My turntable and an ipod are plugged into the unswitched. All units are in standby mode untill I turn on the preamp which triggers all units except the turntable to turn on. Hope this makes sense. There is power always at the unswitched and switched outlets.
Thank you !
Just to fully understand :
Can I configure each outlet to be ON all the time Without
Using the power control?
Old 09-07-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony View Post
... Can I configure each outlet to be ON all the time Without Using the power control?
Yes.
The MPC1500 has six duplex outlets. Two are always unswitched.
The four remaining duplex receptacles each have a switch above them on the rear panel. The switch allows you to select between always on, or switched by a local or global control signal.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
Yes.
The MPC1500 has six duplex outlets. Two are always unswitched.
The four remaining duplex receptacles each have a switch above them on the rear panel. The switch allows you to select between always on, or switched by a local or global control signal.
Thanks
My question regards the MPC 500 …
Hoping that it’s the same as the 1500
Old 09-07-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks
My question regards the MPC 500 …
Hoping that it’s the same as the 1500
Oops, my mistake - sorry!
Looking at the back panel of the MPC500, I see the switching is different than on the MPC1500. But this is what McIntosh says in the addendum it publishes on the MPC500 page:

"Outlets 2, 3 and 4 of the MPC500 can be set to Global or Local Power Control modes if desired. The default setting for these outlets is ON which is what it sounds like, always on. Outlet 1 is permanently set to ON."
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
Oops, my mistake - sorry!
Looking at the back panel of the MPC500, I see the switching is different than on the MPC1500. But this is what McIntosh says in the addendum it publishes on the MPC500 page:

"Outlets 2, 3 and 4 of the MPC500 can be set to Global or Local Power Control modes if desired. The default setting for these outlets is ON which is what it sounds like, always on. Outlet 1 is permanently set to ON."
Thanks very much indeed!
Old 09-09-2021, 03:38 PM

Does the MPC500 sacrifice itself in case of power issue ?
So a repair needed ?
Thanks
Old 09-09-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Does the MPC500 sacrifice itself in case of power issue ?
So a repair needed ?
Thanks
Cannot answer that and hope I never have the issue come up. Where I live we have some pretty severe thunder storms. If I am home, I unplug the MPC500 and everything is then unplugged. Better safe than sorry.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill