AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 10-22-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
... no one has articulated the sonic improvements fuses give you ... I am too busy enjoying my music as I am satisfied with my Bryston system ...
That's great that you're happy with your system. However, many users have written about the improvements they hear from audiophile fuses so if the topic interests you, you might want to do a little more research.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
True, but perhaps their equipment they design and power cords they use are don't need power cords or footers, I don't know. I do know that everything I have purchased from Bryston from pre-pros, amps, D/A converters to digital players have made me a loyal customer. The only reason for me to try fuses is that I am dissatisfied with my sound I cannot say this. I love listening to my software with Bryston equipment. Bryston is the most honest company I have dealt with so I am a customer for life.
I couldn’t agree more with your comments regarding Bryston. I just like to ever so slightly improve on perfection if at all possible by a tweek here and there.

Believe me when I say that swapping out the fuses in my PS Audio BHK preamp and the mains fuses on the BHK 300 mono amps made a noticeable improvement. This is not a placebo effect to justify my purchase. I’ve spent good money on other so called upgrades that did absolutely nothing or even worse made my system sound worse.

It’s a disease I can’t shake looking for the best upgrade.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post

It’s a disease I can’t shake looking for the best upgrade.
I agree.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Hi John.....I will only be replacing 1 of the fuses. 1 fuse is for the mains (the one I'm replacing) and the other is the standby fuse. The mains fuse is the one closest to the end of the circuit board.
This is in the plans for me as well for my BDA-3. Care to post a pic once the new fuse is installed in your BDA-3 so that we can see which socket it was installed into, and also the orientation?
Old 10-23-2019, 09:18 PM

Hi Serge.....I’ll be ordering fuses next month. The fuse I’ll be changing in the BDA-3 will be the bottom one in the picture.

Current enters the fuse receptacle at the clips nearest the rear panel, if you are using the HiFi Tunning Supreme fuse the fuse arrow will point to the front of the unit. If you are using the Synergistic Research fuses the “R” will point to the front of the unit.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Last edited by Audiophilehi; 10-28-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Hi Serge.....I’ll be ordering fuses next month. The fuse I’ll be changing in the BDA-3 will be the bottom one in the picture.

Current enters the fuse receptacle at the clips nearest the rear panel, if you are using the HiFi Tunning Supreme fuse the fuse arrow will point to the front of the unit. If you are using the Synergistic Research fuses the “R” will point to the front of the unit.

***CORRECTION***

If you are using the Synergistic Research fuses the “R” will point to the front of the unit.

Old 12-20-2019, 08:58 PM

Is it possible to go from a Smart TV with Tidal Installed -> BDA3 (HDMI) -> BP26 -> 4B3 -> Speakers?
Wilson Audio Alexia + Mezzo | Dan D'Agostino Momentum PRE & S250 | Esoteric P02x & D02x | Torus AVR2-16 | Marantz AV8805 | Panasonic UB9000 | Bryston 7B3 & 9BSST2 | ScreenTechnics 125" 2.37 Screen | JVC X7900 | Krix A20 (4) | JL Audio F113 (2)
Old 12-20-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohippo View Post
Is it possible to go from a Smart TV with Tidal Installed -> BDA3 (HDMI) -> BP26 -> 4B3 -> Speakers?
Is their any particular reason you are not using the BDA3 with the SP3?
Old 12-20-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I am not sure you can use a display as a source but for outputting sound from your TV set in HDMI. I think it would be easier to connect to the bda-3 via optical out from your TV. You would still control the TV and get sound from it but also from your hi fi system.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Sorry for my question. I did not realize you had multiple systems with very nice gear.