AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 01-13-2020, 02:47 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy2 View Post
I am not technically savvy enough to comment on the measured performance of ported vs sealed speakers but I do know good bass when I hear it. In my room, with my acoustical treatments, very well reviewed (and measured) ported speakers performed poorly (bass bloat). From the first second I heard bass through a Magico M3 (and before my QSub's and without changing anything else), I knew I had solved that problem. Whatever the technology does, it works for me in my room.

Cincy
Cincy,

Your system looks amazing!!!

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:00 PM

I agree..and must sound amazing,too.

I heard M3's with JL Gotham subs when I demoed the S7 and was absolutely blown away!
QSubs are a better match,no doubt.

Last edited by Canonicus; 01-27-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:27 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
I agree..and must sound amazing,too.
I heard M3's with Gotham subs when I demoed the S7 and was absolutely blown away!
QSubs are a better match,no doubt.
S7s and Accuphase are very nice too.

I hope to upgrade my A3s to M3s. But still examining if they may be a little to large. If so then the M2s.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeN View Post
Cincy,

Your system looks amazing!!!
Thanks Jazz..
Eric
Magico Q-Sub 15 Subwoofers (2)
Transparent Opus Gen5 speaker cables and Interconnects
PS Audio P20 regenerator
Roon file management
Old 01-14-2020, 02:15 PM

I was seemingly critical of Magico speakers on the Wilson thread. However, these reviews (M6 tas M2 Stereophile) are undeniably excellent. Magico has a loyal following and obviously makes great loudspeakers that many folks like and think are the very best. I think every design whether it be port, sealed, transmission line has its adherents. When you are on a thread in a Magio or Wilson or any Forum don't say "Well, I like your brand. It's great and then go on to say why you like yours so much better". It irritates me because it seems you are promoting your brand in a different Forum when a person does this. One certainly has freedom of speech but it comes with responsibility not to offend.

Discussing design issues and concepts is another matter altogether and knowledgeable folks like Buffalo Bill have a lot of knowledge that most are interested in, myself included.

Last edited by Charles; 01-14-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:42 PM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I was seemingly critical of Magico speakers on the Wilson thread. However, these reviews (M6 tas M2 Stereophile) are undeniably excellent. Magico has a loyal following and obviously makes great loudspeakers that many folks like and think are the very best. I think every design whether it be port, sealed, transmission line has its adherents. When you are on a thread in a Magio or Wilson or any Forum don't say "Well, I like your brand. It's great and then go on to say why you like yours so much better". It irritates me because it seems you are promoting your brand in a different Forum when a person does this. One certainly has freedom of speech but it comes with responsibility not to offend.

Discussing design issues and concepts is another matter altogether and knowledgeable folks like Buffalo Bill have a lot of knowledge that most are interested in, myself included.
Charles,

I can see how you could get upset. I've been upset for the same reason over speakers and equipment that I enjoy. On another forum, someone was literally comparing a $300 Yamaha to 10K+ Pass Labs saying the Yamaha was noticeably better. I just figured they escaped from a mental hospital and didn't even respond. It was clear what the Yamaha owner was up to. And this was sometime before I even owned Pass gear (though I had heard it numerous times before).

However, some people's motives are purer than that. We have to consider the personality and life experience of the person asking the questions. For instance, as a former homicide detective I normally ask rather direct questions. Some can get offended at the form of the questions at times, but it's just how I'm use to asking questions. Most of the time I want facts not opinions, but if you include an opinion then tell me the "why" behind it. And if you don't have any "whys" then you can expect me to challenge the answer - as this is my previous life experience.

Also most when they compare speakers they automatically compare them to what they know best or at least have some knowledge of. If a Martin Logan speaker owner was in a Magico forum I would be expecting him to automatically compare Magico with what he knew best i.e. Martin Logan.

And some threads within the Wilson forum aren't just about Wilson. For instance, in the Wilson thread I participated in it was about Wilson, Vivid, and Magico too. So, I felt as if I could discuss any of them freely.

I really like Wilson. I like the sound. My wife and I we really like the look as well. They are very distinctive looking. And because of my life experience I want to know why I like something (how are they built) and will they stay that way (durability, quality). I really desire to know about their cabinet structure, drivers, and why they use a ported design, etc. But in asking my questions you can expect some comparing and contrasting to what I know best, as that is my frame of reference. It's how I learn. But all those questions are now being answered elsewhere...

So, while I know some cross-post to elevate their branded speaker not everyone is about that. Some have a genuine interest.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Charles,

I can see how you could get upset. I've been upset for the same reason over speakers and equipment that I enjoy. On another forum, someone was literally comparing a $300 Yamaha to 10K+ Pass Labs saying the Yamaha was noticeably better. I just figured they escaped from a mental hospital and didn't even respond. It was clear what the Yamaha owner was up to. And this was sometime before I even owned Pass gear (though I had heard it numerous times before).

However, some people's motives are purer than that. We have to consider the personality and life experience of the person asking the questions. For instance, as a former homicide detective I normally ask rather direct questions. Some can get offended at the form of the questions at times, but it's just how I'm use to asking questions. Most of the time I want facts not opinions, but if you include an opinion then tell me the "why" behind it. And if you don't have any "whys" then you can expect me to challenge the answer - as this is my previous life experience.

Also most when they compare speakers they automatically compare them to what they know best or at least have some knowledge of. If a Martin Logan speaker owner was in a Magico forum I would be expecting him to automatically compare Magico with what he knew best i.e. Martin Logan.

And some threads within the Wilson forum aren't just about Wilson. For instance, in the Wilson thread I participated in it was about Wilson, Vivid, and Magico too. So, I felt as if I could discuss any of them freely.

I really like Wilson. I like the sound. My wife and I we really like the look as well. They are very distinctive looking. And because of my life experience I want to know why I like something (how are they built) and will they stay that way (durability, quality). I really desire to know about their cabinet structure, drivers, and why they use a ported design, etc. But in asking my questions you can expect some comparing and contrasting to what I know best, as that is my frame of reference. It's how I learn. But all those questions are now being answered elsewhere...

So, while I know some cross-post to elevate their branded speaker not everyone is about that. Some have a genuine interest.
I know it will never happen because some folks thrive on controversy but I think threads that ask for direct comparisons invite irritation because it invites folks to come on a Forum just as you said. I hope that you will understand I meant no ill will. I think Magico a great speaker and I truly mean this, not just mouthing it.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:53 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
I know it will never happen because some folks thrive on controversy but I think threads that ask for direct comparisons invite irritation because it invites folks to come on a Forum just as you said. I hope that you will understand I meant no ill will. I think Magico a great speaker and I truly mean this, not just mouthing it.
Charles,

I'm, in no way upset at you or anyone here at all. And if I've given the impression that I'm I apologize. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and always hope they have the best intentions. I don't get upset on these forums. I just see forum members as friends sharing notes and audio journeys.

IMO when you're at this level of speakers - Wilson, Vivid, Magico and many more - they are all good, but for different reasons. Unfortunately, though it seems that questions about Wilson vs Magico invite controversy which I don't really understand. Since, I'm rather new to audio forums (and thus late too many previous discussions and perhaps bad feelings) I can only guess it is an us vs. them thing.

But IMO it doesn't have to be. All of us are different. We each have different hearing abilities. And some of us listen to different music which may make a difference as well. So, naturally some will go down path M while others may choose path W. And the why behind that audio journey can be very interesting.

The main thing is that we enjoy the music the way it sounds best to us.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Charles,

I'm, in no way upset at you or anyone here at all. And if I've given the impression that I'm I apologize. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and always hope they have the best intentions. I don't get upset on these forums. I just see forum members as friends sharing notes and audio journeys.

IMO when you're at this level of speakers - Wilson, Vivid, Magico and many more - they are all good, but for different reasons. Unfortunately, though it seems that questions about Wilson vs Magico invite controversy which I don't really understand. Since, I'm rather new to audio forums (and thus late too many previous discussions and perhaps bad feelings) I can only guess it is an us vs. them thing.

But IMO it doesn't have to be. All of us are different. We each have different hearing abilities. And some of us listen to different music which may make a difference as well. So, naturally some will go down path M while others may choose path W. And the why behind that audio journey can be very interesting.

The main thing is that we enjoy the music the way it sounds best to us.
JoeN,

Through our "intense" discussion we have become good friends.

Charles
Old 01-15-2020, 04:32 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
JoeN,

Through our "intense" discussion we have become good friends.

Charles

Wonderful!
That's what a friendly forum is for!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables