AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Meridian Audio

Meridian Audio Listen Closely

Old 07-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Member #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Victor
Did you see this link I posted yesterday? I do not know if it will help you at all.
Jim

How To Rip DVD-Audio, DVD-Video (Audio) And HDAD Discs | Computer Audiophile
I did see that today. I have already converted all my DVD-A discs, so it's too late for me. The program I used worked fine, I'm sure there are several programs that do this.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Victor.......Does the Control 10 screen have a QWERTY keyboard as part of the touch screen features, or do you have to use an external keyboard for data entry?

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 07-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Member #1000

This screen shows a main search page that Sooloos calls Focus. You can select one or more parameter and the titles that meet those parameters will show up on the main page that has the 18 covers on it. The search parameters are:
Genres
Composers
Credits
Labels
Tags
Moods
Quality
Rating
Release Date
Import Date
Most Played

For example: I like audiophile labels, if I want to see all my MFSL CDs I select labels and a drop down menu opens up and shows all the labels on my server, I scroll down and select MFSL and all the CDs come up on the main page. Any focus can be saved for easier access later.

Last edited by Victor; 07-20-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Member #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Victor.......Does the Control 10 screen have a QWERTY keyboard as part of the touch screen features, or do you have to use an external keyboard for data entry?
Yes, the Control 10 will show a QWERTY keyboard on the touch screen when you need it. On the touch screen, the keyboard is about 5"x11" with each key about 5/8" square. The touch screen keyboard is very easy to use but if you are entering a lot of info it would be better to use the PC interface.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Member #1000

This screen shows the text for the review. I just got the bright idea of also adding the artist's biography along with the review. I'm not sure how much text you can enter in the review area but I have had a few with over 6 pages of text with no problems.

If the All Music Guide does not have a review I try to find one to put in there from Amazon or the label or I've even used some customers reviews from Amazon (some of these are very well written).

I also put some notes in the review area for items that I won't need to search like MFSL CD numbers (this one is UD780 as seen in the first line of the above review) or bit and sampling rate on high rez files. You can use this area for whatever you want.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Member #1000

This screen shows how you can tell a Rhaposdy title in your collection. The 2 Captain Beyond CDs are from Rhaposdy, you can see the Rhaposdy symbol at the bottom left of the cover. Other than this symbol and a slight delay when first selecting a Rhaposdy CD the titles you add from Rhaposdy are integrated in your music library just like any CD you imported. They come up in searches and you can edit any of the data.

Looking at this screen shot I just found a mistake, I have "The Byrds" and "Byrds, The". The MS750 always put the "The" at the end with a "," in front of it, the Sooloos deals with the "The" differently so I have to edit these when importing my MS750 backup. Just one of the many joys of music servers.

Last edited by Victor; 07-20-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Member #1000

This is a screen shot of the Swim function (customizable random play). There are endless combinations of parameters for selecting music in the Swim random play function.

In a CDs track listing you can give a track a star, this is called a pic track. In Swim mode, it's random but pick tracks get played more often than non pick tracks. You can also put an X by a track, this is a skip track. Skip tracks will not play in Swim mode. When you load music the All Music Guide is where the Sooloos gets the info from, AMG will have pick tracks already selected on most titles. As with most everything on the Sooloos pick and skip tracks are easily edited, just go to the track screen and press the stars or Xs to change them.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Member #1000

That's all I have for now, back to my regularly scheduled music loading.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 PM

Victor,

Are you using the Sooloos Desktop client to upload your flac files? That would be a lot faster... That will also make it a lot easier to swap out album cover files. If you need to give me a call, PM me, more than happy to help. Might be able to save you some time. I've got about 7000 discs on my Sooloos, so I feel your pain.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:16 AM

Very nice Victor. I am seriously considering it but want to wait for the Control 15 and new Meridian stuff to see what appears later this year.

howie