Depth: 24 3/16 inches (61.41 cm)

• Enclosure Type:
Woofer: (Rear Ported) Material: X-Material
Midrange: (Rear Vented) Material: X-Material/ S-Material baffle
Tweeter: (Sealed) Material: X-Material
Damping Inserts: Material: V-Material
-Woofer Top / Midrange Top / Acoustic Diodes

• Product Weight:
Weight Per Channel Uncrated: 265 lbs (120.20 kg)
Approximate Shipping Weight: 795 lbs (360.61 kg)

From the press release:

"First introduced in the Alexx V, Wilson’s Convergent Synergy Carbon (CSC) Tweeter now finds a place in the Alexia V. This unique and complex carbon fiber rear-wave chamber is constructed entirely in-house on one of our many dedicated 3D printers. Listening to the results of this special tweeter, one can’t help but get lost in its ability to present an unprecedented level of ambient retrieval and exceptional harmonic expression.

The integration of the tweeter and midrange is an absolutely critical element to accurate sound reproduction. Originally, when Alexia Series 2 was introduced, it utilized the same cellulose fiber/carbon composite midrange unit as is found in the WAMM Master Chronosonic®. This midrange has served Alexia well over the years. After extensive experimentation and system refinements, the Alnico (Aluminum-Nickel-Cobalt) QuadraMag™ has been successfully incorporated into the design and selected as the main midrange for the Alexia V. First developed for the Chronosonic XVX®, the QuadraMag midrange provides a tonally rich and life-like sound.

Wilson Audio’s bespoke binding posts create a cleaner signal path at its point of contact. Both banana plug and traditional spade connections can be used with this binding post. Additionally, the new spades, previously only found on the Chronosonic XVX and Alexx V, are optimized to couple precisely with the binding posts. New custom-built cables connecting everything inside Alexia V provide a balanced and beautiful sounding signal path.

Included with Alexia V is a complete set of Wilson Audio Acoustic Diode™. An all-new spike system launched with Alexx V, which has been completely upgraded from our standard spike system, and features a novel combination of austenitic stainless steel and V-Material. This coupling system was created by Wilson Audio’s Special Applications Engineering® (WASAE) division and has superlative vibration management that reveals far greater dynamic nuances across the entire frequency spectrum. These Acoustic Diodes come in two finish options - Natural Stainless Steel and Carbon Black.

• Resistor mounting hardware is now attached to carbon fiber and angled in such a way for a more beautiful presentation and ease to work with.

• The improved and aesthetically appealing external cable dressing solution.

• A new stylized alignment “staircase” block has been developed for ease of visibility during installation.

• The woofer port has been improved to increase laminar flow.

• Mid enclosure internal volume was increased 6.4% to allow a more open-sounding midrange. The woofer enclosure internal volume is now 8.9% larger compared with Alexia Series 2, creating deeper low-frequency reproduction and faster transient settling.

• Refined internal midrange wave diffusers allow faster midrange settling.

• There is now an integrated Bubble level on the top of the woofer cabinet which makes leveling the loudspeaker much easier and more convenient. "
Old 09-07-2022, 08:04 AM

for those with wilson speakers, can you compare the sasha DAW and alexia 2 sound to sonus faber amati's? curious as to the following of wilson's.
Mcintosh C1100 preamp, Mcintosh Mc462 amp, SF Amati Tradition, VPI prime 21, koetsu rosewood sig, oppo 105, marantz 8802A, sony projector, stewart screen, thiel in wall and ceiling, REL sub, Outlaw surround amps, shunyata 6000 v2, shunyata sigma V2 NR(X2), shunyata sigma V2 HC for denali, transparent ultra gen5 speaker and IC's, ultra gen 6 phono, MIT oracle matrix 50.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentlfly View Post
for those with wilson speakers, can you compare the sasha DAW and alexia 2 sound to sonus faber amati's? curious as to the following of wilson's.
This sounds like a wonderful upgrade, new midrange and new tweeter, use of the V material, larger cabinet, very little increase in retail price, and you get the acoustic diode spiking with the speaker. I could not imagine a better more comprehensive upgrade to an already wonderful speaker.

Best

Charles

p.s. and multiple other improvements/refinements.
Old 09-10-2022, 11:23 AM

Years ago before I bought my XVX, I was in serious discussions with my dealer to go from my Maxx3 to an XLF. This lasted at least 2 months. The price was decided upon and I was ready to pull the trigger. Then I got cold feet and backed out. I just couldn't see enough upgrade between the Alexandria X-2 and the XLF. I liked the Ti tweeter. Unlike some I was always pleased with Wilson treble and the bass and midrange were impeccable with my Maxx3.

Then I bought an Alexx which I was very pleased with. I remember asking Wilson about the ruggedness of the Alexx compared to the Maxx3. It turned out that the Alexx was even more rugged and could play significantly louder without compression. My only criticism was not getting the CSMK II tweeter, the WAMM tweeter.

When I saw the XVX, it was love at first sight and I knew I had to have it.

The main thing I see with Wilson under Daryl Wilson, is the comprehensiveness of the redesign of the speaker. I would say that Daryl and his design team place as much emphasis on new driver design as they do with the rest of the speaker. This was not the case under the "old" Wilson, where I felt it was the cabinet and crossovers where the emphasis was placed. There's only so much you can do with the rear chamber of a tweeter.

The original Maxx3 was priced at 69K. If I had to choose between it and the new Alexia, it would be a tough choice because the Maxx3 was so good top to bottom. I suspect the Alexia would be significantly more resolving and just as dynamic. This also points to the lasting value you acquire when you buy a Wilson speaker. Yes, they cost more but I believe they are worth every penny.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 09-10-2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:07 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The original Maxx3 was priced at 69K. If I had to choose between it and the new Alexia, it would be a tough choice because the Maxx3 was so good top to bottom. I suspect the Alexia would be significantly more resolving and just as dynamic. This also points to the lasting value you acquire when you buy a Wilson speaker. Yes, they cost more but I believe they are worth every penny.
The Maxx3 -- TAS's Product of the Year in 2009 - was a little more amplifier friendly. 91dB, 4 Ohms nominal, 3 Ohms minimum. 15 Watts minimum. Don't gauge entirely on the specs, Wilsons can surprise. Vladimir Lamm owned a pair - I heard them at CES with his ML3 SET amps.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:22 PM

Placed deposit with dealer today for Alexia V. Trading my DAWs. Cannot fault DAWs in any way, but with 13’ ceilings I can accommodate the Alexia V. The ARC 160S drove the DAWs with ease so I do not anticipate any major issues driving the Alexia V. Wilson told my dealer they are aiming for 1/23 delivery. Dealer has already taken two orders prior to mine. Seems there may be considerable demand for this new Alexia.
Wilson Alexia V; ARC Ref 6SE; ARC Ref Phono 3SE; Boulder 1160; Esoteric K1X; Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement; Ikeda 407; Koetsu Leopard, Coralstone; Shunyata Denali 6000T; Shunyata AC cables; Siltech Prince speaker cables; Siltech Princess interconnects, Avondale II phono.
Old 09-17-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcxxx View Post
Placed deposit with dealer today for Alexia V. Trading my DAWs. Cannot fault DAWs in any way, but with 13’ ceilings I can accommodate the Alexia V. The ARC 160S drove the DAWs with ease so I do not anticipate any major issues driving the Alexia V. Wilson told my dealer they are aiming for 1/23 delivery. Dealer has already taken two orders prior to mine. Seems there may be considerable demand for this new Alexia.
djcxxx, absolute congrats! Hopefully, the wait will be a short one. There's nothing not to like about the Alexia V. Virtually all new drivers, and design improvements in all aspects of the speaker. I'm sure it will be exceedingly dynamic, as are all Wilsons, and exceedingly resolving also.

Best

Charles
Old 09-17-2022, 07:59 PM

Thank you Charles. The Alexia V seems to check off all the right boxes and the trickle down tech is what Wilson does very well.
Wilson Alexia V; ARC Ref 6SE; ARC Ref Phono 3SE; Boulder 1160; Esoteric K1X; Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement; Ikeda 407; Koetsu Leopard, Coralstone; Shunyata Denali 6000T; Shunyata AC cables; Siltech Prince speaker cables; Siltech Princess interconnects, Avondale II phono.