AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > GIK Acoustics

GIK Acoustics Bringing Your Sound To Life

Old 12-06-2015, 06:09 PM

Congrats on your room. Looks great. May I know how you have treated yr back wall? Did you deploy diffusers as well or have absorbers in a live end dead end setup?
Old 12-07-2015, 11:47 PM

The room looks great. Why not use curtains to act as an acoustic treatment? My system sits in front of a row of Windows and was thinking of using a heavy set of drapes to help. Right now the windows are covered with wood blinds.
Tim
Old 12-10-2015, 01:33 AM

i should post better pics, but this is basically my kitchen, and opposite the diffusor wall is a large bank of windows, kitchen counter , sink/stove, and eating island.. i look out into giant evergreen trees, so no blocking windows allowed!

and while i have used drapery in the past, this is way more intense sonically... you can really sense the very solid image, and very even feel of the sound in the room..

plus i dislike drapes, and with the current set up, i can disassemble, and reshape, reform and redo this anywhere.. its become a component of the system now...
Old 01-05-2016, 02:43 AM

I like the Chinese Guardian Lions. Overall very cool cozy setup.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:53 PM

Today I finally ordered a pair of diffusers for my room to install right behind the 20.7s.

I got a pair of Q7d Diffusors in black finish and one 244 Bass Trap to place between the diffusers on the front wall.

Last edited by cma29; 01-13-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:09 PM

Carlos. Report back on the impact of the diffusers
Old 01-13-2017, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
Old 01-29-2017, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma29 View Post
Today I finally ordered a pair of diffusers for my room to install right behind the 20.7s.

I got a pair of Q7d Diffusors in black finish and one 244 Bass Trap to place between the diffusers on the front wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
I'm ready to report on the diffusers since I've had them up for a few days.

In a nutshell the impact of these mysterious devices on the sound of my system is remarkably positive.

Recordings I'm familiar with sound fresh and new details are revealed. I've noticed that I cannot stop listening to a piece once it gets going (and these are 60+ min symphonic pieces).

One of the main differences I notice now is that the reproduced timber of the instruments sound more realistic, more there, more vivid. This is particularly true for wind instruments such as brass and woodwinds. The difference is not huge but enough to be noticeable and to enhance my emotional connection to the music. I also notice that the diffusers create the effect that there is more space behind the speakers opening up the soundstage - pretty cool.

I've attached a couple of pictures to show the set up. The "black boxes" on the wall are the Q7d Diffusors and the red panel is the 242 Acoustic Panel with scatter plate. The latter provides both absorption and diffusion while the former are pure diffusion. To give you a sense of dimension the Q7d Diffusors measure 46 inches high and 19 inches wide.

A very nice tweak that worked out great for me. I might get a few more panels to experiment. Recommended!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DIffusers 1.jpg (81.7 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg DIffusers 2.jpg (82.7 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by cma29; 01-29-2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: enlarge photos
Old 01-29-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny reddish View Post
My GIK diffusor wall arrived!! it turned out great! thanks GIK!!

OMG that is a BEAUTIFUL setup and room!!!
Old 01-29-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma29 View Post
I'm ready to report on the diffusers since I've had them up for a few days.

In a nutshell the impact of these mysterious devices on the sound of my system is remarkably positive.

Recordings I'm familiar with sound fresh and new details are revealed. I've noticed that I cannot stop listening to a piece once it gets going (and these are 60+ min symphonic pieces).

One of the main differences I notice now is that the reproduced timber of the instruments sound more realistic, more there, more vivid. This is particularly true for wind instruments such as brass and woodwinds. The difference is not huge but enough to be noticeable and to enhance my emotional connection to the music. I also notice that the diffusers create the effect that there is more space behind the speakers opening up the soundstage - pretty cool.

I've attached a couple of pictures to show the set up. The "black boxes" on the wall are the Q7d Diffusors and the red panel is the 242 Acoustic Panel with scatter plate. The later provides both absorption and diffusion while the former are pure diffusion. To give you a sense of dimension the Q7d Diffusors measure 46 inches high and 19 inches wide.

A very nice tweak that worked out great for me. I might get a few more panels to experiment. Recommended!

Carlos. This is tremendous!! I like the color choices too. This is the first I have seen those beautiful 100.5s.

Just wait till those diffusers break in!! I hear at the 300 hr mark they are killer!!