Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
CADWELD in action...

http://youtu.be/T5DoB26TFtI
Great video!
Old 01-18-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Yes, this is a great way to make a good connection. It is similar in concept to "sonic welding" that use to make many of the internal connections in our power conditioners like the Denali and Triton.
It worked wonders here!
Old 02-01-2017, 04:56 PM

So I've been gathering parts no make a grounding system (box) and would like to fill the box with something to weight it down. I was thinking about a electronic potting epoxy but would like to tap our members shoulders for other suggestions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:51 PM

^^^^^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:00 PM

Hi Caelin,

Will it be a good idea to ground a network switch with the 6000T’s ground lug at the back?

If so, any kind of grounding wire you would recommend?

Tks!

Terry
Old 06-22-2019, 08:41 PM

A simple question for sure. However, a simple answer is not possible without asking many questions.

So the easiest answer is to simply try it see if it makes a discern-able difference.
Generally, it is usually a positive unless the switch is connected to a different power line circuit or the switch is POE type etc. Too many variables.

Just use whatever wire that you have on hand. If it makes a difference, increasing the wire gauge (and or quality) will usually improve performance further.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:35 PM

Got it and thanks Caelin!
Old 06-23-2019, 01:49 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Glad to stumble on this thread. I’ve just recently done a bunch of grounding work.

The modem and such sits in the mechanical room, I grounded the network switch with 6 gauge solid copper, pounding the wire flat and drilling a whole for the switch end and full diameter affixed to the cold water copper pipe with a bronze clamp - in my case, draw dropping results.

IMG_2110.jpg
IMG_2109.jpg
Old 06-25-2019, 12:04 PM
Keeping it real since '75

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Glad to stumble on this thread. I’ve just recently done a bunch of grounding work.

The modem and such sits in the mechanical room, I grounded the network switch with 6 gauge solid copper, pounding the wire flat and drilling a whole for the switch end and full diameter affixed to the cold water copper pipe with a bronze clamp - in my case, draw dropping results.

Attachment 59376
Attachment 59377
In what way did you see "jaw dropping" results? Or, put another way, how are you perceiving these results?
Old 06-25-2019, 01:13 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM3CPO View Post
In what way did you see "jaw dropping" results? Or, put another way, how are you perceiving these results?
I posted all this on my thread the "The Front End Digital Foundation”,

https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...ital+front+end

I would never say "Draw Dropping" if I did not mean it, nor any other type of similar statements, and this same "Jaw Dropping" gain was also made on grounding rods to the sub panel, but that’s a different topic all together. System grounding is vital, I was surprised how much noise resides in a system when you think there is no issue!

In short, it was easily transparent that a greater sense of resolution with more timbre around instruments and voices with no masking or removal of sound when compared to previous (I only use reference tracks I am familiar with and have made notes on to double check myself). The music was much more present drawing you in enough were you wold lose track of time. The grounded switch also feeds CAT5 around the house where Apple TV is networked in, and it became blacker as well aside from other benefits of LPS modems and such. When I added the iFi groundhog in addition to the 6 gauge to the switch, I gained blackness, but lost song detail and pulled it.

For something like $12.00 of solid 6 gauge copper you can by at Lowes or Home Depot and about 20 minutes of time it was a VICTORY in the war of audio expense and will add it surpassed the results of the Nordost QKore grounding system in my system. Plus it addressed the hobby factor, it was something I was able to do myself from scratch, blended in with the look making it rewarding.

These little things proved a gain, with no ones name on it but mine sharing with the forum members. If you read my equipment and do the math, you will understand my point.

Happy Listening!