AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Tuners

Tuners FM, HD, Satellite

Old 09-26-2021, 10:45 AM

Default Denny's TV Service Outdoor TV Antennas

Denny's TV Antenna Service - Outdoor TV Antennas
http://dennysantennaservice.com/

Been looking for an FM outdoor antenna to put on my roof for years. I tried the Magnum Dnyalab ST-2 on my roof though it would pick up stations from WY when I was trying to pick up the local Denver Jazz station. The ST-2 is omni directional and I needed a directional antenna. Live in the foothills of the Front range in CO and have many hills/mts for interference.

Have many tuners and currently have a Nak ST-7 hooked up to a Godar FM antenna inside and a second setup with a TM-1 tuner inside the McIntosh C45 with MD ST-2 antenna also inside the house. I have many more McIntosh tuners though the Nak ST-7 picks up the jazz signal better then the other tuners. Also, use a magnum dynalab signal sleuth with the tuners.

Found Denny's website after many hours of searching for a good antenna and rotor. Most of the antennas and rotors are not high quality and its hard to find FM antennas. Some of the famous winegard FM antenna are not available anymore.

Denny's is a complete outdoor antenna service. From having antenna's, rotors, wires, mounts, ties and everything you need for installing an antenna. Plus, they ANSWER THEIR PHONE AND WILL HELP YOU. I called them twice and they recommended what I needed. Found the site on Tuesday and ordered everything I needed for the outdoor install.

Bought the winegard HD7000, RCA Programmable Outdoor Antenna Rotator, Eve mount, Coax and rotor cable, ties and 2 five foot steel mast poles for $313.

Winegard HD7000 TV antenna Low VHF High VHF and UHF plus FM
https://www.dennystvantennare.com/wi...d-uhf-plus-fm/

RCA Programmable Outdoor Antenna Rotator,:
https://www.dennystvantennare.com/rc...tenna-rotator/

Eve Mount:
http://dennysantennaservice.com/tv-a...ave-mount.html

Found a good video about how to install a rotor:
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=Win...%3DettnuLDN9R8

Luckily on Tuesday called a local place and found someone to drill a hole though our brick wall so I could put coax cable and wire for rotor though the hole to connect to the tuner. They came over thursday and drilled the hole. Cost $85 dollars.

Fast shipping it came in 3 boxes on Thursday when I ordered on tuesday. They have a lot of info on Denny's site about antennas, how to install them and the rotor. Some even have pictures.

On friday got out all my tools needed for the job after reading the web site on what I needed for the install. First assembled the antenna took about 20 minutes. Then put mount together and put in mast pole for rotor. Did this all on the ground before I get on the roof. Much easier to do on the ground then on the roof...

My wife and I got on roof and she help me install the eve mount, connect rotor to mask pole after installing power wires to rotor. Then put on second mask pole with antenna. Attached ground wire and then tied and taped wires to mask and down brick wall. This took us about 3 hours of work that I like to do. Install came out nice.

Put wires though the drilled hole in brick wall and connected them to rotor AC box and tuner. Was not sure if I did everything correct and prayed when I turned the rotor control it would actually move the antenna. The ROTOR TURNED THE ANTENNA. Everything worked the way it is suppose to and now I can move the antenna when I need to change location of it.

My tuner sounds clearer, fuller and receives the signal stronger. All around it really improved the sound from the tuner. Really glad I took the time, money and energy to complete the install. Its been a dream of mine to do this for the last 30 years...

Total cost:
$313 antenna, rotor, wires, mount and ties
$85 cost to drill hole
------
$398 Total cost and three hours of work with right tools.

=====================================

Has anyone else heard of them or used their service?

Last edited by phil_er_up; 09-27-2021 at 10:48 AM.