Transparent 84 14.51%
Wireworld 195 33.68%
Audioquest 106 18.31%
Kimber 67 11.57%
Shunyata 24 4.15%
Other 328 56.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2019, 04:58 PM

Im very satisfied with my "plain jane" Kimber AVS12. Its exactly what they say it is multistrand, twisted, ten gauge cable. All electrical properties dutifully measured and specd. No hocus pocus claims of magnetic fields, directivity, magical dielectrics. Excellent build and terminations, I opted for plain banana plugs that work wonderfully on my Mc. I did biwire mostly because it does look cool.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:37 PM

Default What cable do you use

I only use cables that are fatter than a baby’s arm and wrapped in Techflex.
But seriously, I added five Shunyata Venom power cords and they have made a big difference in the sound.
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v

Last edited by W9TR; 11-20-2019 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:24 AM

Anyone used McIntosh cables?
Old 11-23-2019, 04:12 AM

Just added Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria ICs, Phono and Speaker cables to my rig. What a phenomenal difference they made, very impressive.
Listening Room – MC2301s, C2300, VPI Prime Sig. Rosewood, w/Fatboy 10” Tonearm, SDS, Periphery Ring, Dynavector DRT XV-1s, Sutherland LittleLOCO Mk2, Harbeth SHL5, Skylan Stands, Synergistic Research: Record Clamp, PowerCell SX, Active Ground Block, Galileo Discovery PCs, Atmosphere X Euphoria ICs, Phono and Speaker Cables, GIK Impression Series Diffusers and Acoustimac DMD Panels, CA Double Matrix Pro Sonic RCM

Theater Room - 7.2.4, Marantz SR7012 & MM7025, Klipsch: RF-7 III, RP-450C, RP-160M, R-112SW Atmos: CDT 5800-CII, Sunfire True EQ Sub, Samsung 75” Q60R QLED 4K UHD TV, Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Blu-ray, VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Maestro, Cambridge Audio 640P, PS Audio PPP

Office - Fisher 500C, Denon DP-59L, Audio Technica AT14S Cartridge, Bluesound NODE, Acoustic Research AR-3a, Technics RS 1500

Vintage System - Pioneer SX 1980, Jolida JD100 CD, JBL Studio Monitors 4425

Semper Fidelis Teufel Hunden
Old 07-18-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarSanz View Post
Just added Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria ICs, Phono and Speaker cables to my rig. What a phenomenal difference they made, very impressive.
Well done! I can only imagine what the Euphoria cables sound like. Maybe some day! Can hardly wait to add Shunyata to my system.

Dave
MacBook Pro (late 2016), Synergistic Research Atmosphere X USB cable, TEAC NT-505 with Atmosphere Alive Level 1 power cable, TEAC CG-10M, Alive Level 1 XLR with SR connectors, Parasound Halo A21+ with Foundation HC power cable, Foundation bi-wire speaker cables, Revel PerformaBe F228Be
On order: Shunyata Research Denali 6000/S v2 with Sigma v2 XC power cable

Last edited by DaveM; 07-18-2020 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-18-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarSanz View Post

What changed with the sound to make it a "phenomenal difference"?
Old 07-18-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
What changed with the sound to make it a "phenomenal difference"?
When I replaced an Audioquest Earth XLR with my current Synergistic Research cable, the size of the sound stage and separation between instruments increased significantly. After replacing an Audioquest Diamond USB with SR USB the smearing that occurred during crescendos was eliminated.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
When I replaced an Audioquest Earth XLR with my current Synergistic Research cable, the size of the sound stage and separation between instruments increased significantly. After replacing an Audioquest Diamond USB with SR USB the smearing that occurred during crescendos was eliminated.
Good to know, and your description with SR cables is something I can relate to having gone through a similar experience with some of the AQ interconnects, along with 25+ years with various really good Cardas Audio cables, and last year moved on to the upper line of Analysis Plus (AP) "Crystal Solo" true OCC Copper interconnects and digital cables. Its amazing how different cable designs, materials, and dialelectric approaches can yield different sounds and reduce smearing as you noted.

Last edited by decooney; 07-18-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:11 AM
George

Fascinating thread.

Nirvana and Transparent Ultra interconnects. Transparent speaker. WireWorld and DH Labs Power cords.

On my former system I used Cardas Gold Cross after extensive testing. When I switched from my old Threshold T2 my Audio Research REF 5SE preamp the treble disappeared, I pulled the Cardas within minutes of installing the preamp and put in the Transparent (I had purchased it years earlier), they immediately shifted the sound from golden soft with no detail to neutral balance. They have been there ever since. The Cardas was a crutch to make up for a skewed tonal balance. Now I have all top notch stuff and I want the cables out of the way and neutral.

I only go through cable, interconnect, and tweak testing until I get the most out of my system, then drop it and enjoy the music for a few years until I have an opportunity for a big upgrade or technology change (adding streaming the most recent). I can usually read a lot and test a couple brands now and make a choice and it is exactly what I want... it took me 40 years of extensive testing, experiments, reading and experience to get to that point. That was about ten years ago. Upgrades go very quickly and smoothly now.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 08-27-2020 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:46 PM

Currently Kimber speaker cable, AQ interconnects and PS Audio power. Will be switching to Cardas or Transparent for speakers soon.