AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 05-28-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie1dog View Post
Terry: I worked for a Pipe Organ builder for 7 years, doing woodworking, wood finishing, electrical wiring and repair,voicing and tuning, making pipes, making all the subwoofers for the 16',32' and 64' digital sounds. It was very physical work handling thousands of pipes.

I love pipe organ too (as you know from hanging out here and listening) I apprenticed to a French builder doing work in the US in high school, it was fascinating and I would have loved to do it professionally...

Great photos and very interesting instrument! So, that's a hybrid? Traditional pipes for the smaller ranks and then electro-synth for the Pedal Division only or for any pipe over an 8' stop?
Old 06-01-2021, 07:46 PM
Subaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
I love pipe organ too (as you know from hanging out here and listening) I apprenticed to a French builder doing work in the US in high school, it was fascinating and I would have loved to do it professionally...

Great photos and very interesting instrument! So, that's a hybrid? Traditional pipes for the smaller ranks and then electro-synth for the Pedal Division only or for any pipe over an 8' stop?
Most churches have room for 16' long pipes giving you 32hz. So most all combination (pipe/digital) organs use subs for the 32 ft stops/pedal ranks. Only 2 organs I was involved with had 64 ft pedal division stops. The subs those organs had were made by a company that supplied the digital sounds and their 32 cu. ft. boxes (size of a fridge) fell flat on their faces at 15hz so they were worthless.

TT-Revox B791, A/V Receiver-Yamaha Aventage 2010, Blu-Ray- Sony 1000 Universal Player, Amplifier-Cinepro 3K6E Mkii, Fronts- Mirage M3si, Rear-Mirage OM-9, 5 other Mirage surrounds. Subwoofer- Stereo Integrity HST-18 inch w/ 85lb. magnet, 4 1/2 inches of travel.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:47 PM
Subaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
hobie1dog,

Last year 2020 I had four (4) SVS PB-16 Ultra Subs. installed and Custom-Calibrated.
They do a wonderful job in my size Home Theater

Nice meeting you,
Terry
Go Terry Sorry for derailing the thread

TT-Revox B791, A/V Receiver-Yamaha Aventage 2010, Blu-Ray- Sony 1000 Universal Player, Amplifier-Cinepro 3K6E Mkii, Fronts- Mirage M3si, Rear-Mirage OM-9, 5 other Mirage surrounds. Subwoofer- Stereo Integrity HST-18 inch w/ 85lb. magnet, 4 1/2 inches of travel.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:49 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Go Terry Sorry for derailing the thread

hobie1dog,

It's all good on this end buddy.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 06-02-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Most churches have room for 16' long pipes giving you 32hz. So most all combination (pipe/digital) organs use subs for the 32 ft stops/pedal ranks. Only 2 organs I was involved with had 64 ft pedal division stops. The subs those organs had were made by a company that supplied the digital sounds and their 32 cu. ft. boxes (size of a fridge) fell flat on their faces at 15hz so they were worthless.
Thanks....there are also 32' pipe stops that get you to 16 Hz....
Old 06-02-2021, 03:44 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
8 Years ago I was out mowing the yard for my son, in the summer because he could not be out in the heat, as he has MS. So I was mowing as usual and went past his mailbox where there was a mound of fire ants and within just a couple of steps my legs were covered with them and suffered many bites so within 15 minutes I was having trouble breathing, and lost my hearing in my left ear,so I called my wife and she said get to the Urgent care as quick as possible. Within two months I had already had 10 falls and was having trouble opening the top of a bottle of water, couldn't unlock the doors on my car, couldn't turn the ignition key. I physically went from a 57-year-old down to a 95 year old within 2 to 3 months. We found out that I had a gene duplication in the DNA for the protein that keeps the myelin sheath on my nerves intact. Within six months I had lost 95% of the nerves from my elbows down and from my knees down. The nerves tell the muscles what to do so losing the amount of nerves, all of the muscles in my arms and my legs basically died off and everything got very thin as you can flop the muscles around on my legs instead of it being firm. They started me out doing my weekly IV infusions which left me very fatigued so I was spending 22 hours a day in bed. After doing those for two years I finally went over to Duke medical Center in Raleigh North Carolina where the guy found out with one blood test that I had the gene duplication, and we came to the agreement that the IV infusions were doing me absolutely no good, so I got to quit doing those which was a good thing, the bad part was that I was going to be like this the rest of my life. Now I am up to 39 falls and pretty much live my life in a power chair as I can just barely walk so I have to use a walker when I try to walk.
We thought it had stayed in my arms and legs until Jan 2020 when I started having trouble running out of breath at the end of sentences so I went to the doctor and they sent me to the hospital to do a MRI which showed that I had a large blood clot in my right lung so they sent me directly upstairs and put me on IV of blood thinners to save me, as they said most the time people die with a large PE if left undetected. That's when they found out with a lung test that the Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease which I have, has gone into the core of my body and is destroying nerves and muscles, so my right diaphragm muscle under my right lung is completely gone. I'm going down 8% every six months and I'm down to only 30% efficiency of my lungs now that the muscles in between my rib bones are weakening and being destroyed. For now my blood oxygen levels are up in the 98-99% level which is great, basically operating on my left lung, but we're monitoring it so that when it gets down in the low 90s then I will have to go on oxygen and then once it gets down into the 85% that's when Hospice will take over.
This is the abbreviated version for the forum

Marty, what a tragedy...
But we're very happy to have you here.

I'm an organ fan also.
Wonderful pics you posted!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 06-09-2021, 06:49 PM
Retired

Decided to 'go green' (color, anyway). New Subaru Outback with the bells & whistles.......
Enough technology to keep me (& the wife) occupied for a couple of months. Tried the BMW X1 & X3 and found both to be quite unBMW-like, which surprised me. Maybe the new sedans are, as well.
Edit: After a few weeks and 2500mi am quite pleased. Definitely not a rocket-ship, but hauls all my stuff (took two of us and all our gear to a 3-day regional match with no problem), gets 30mpg+ at 75mph and is very comfortable. If is as reliable as advertised will be happy. Like that it was built in Indiana.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Outback.jpeg (536.7 KB, 300 views)
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 07-04-2021 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:21 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

Default Turbo S in the house

Added a new to me Turbo S to my stable.

The thing is a rocket! (I've attached the photos because I can't remember how to embed them)

IMG_9580-4.jpeg

IMG_9584-4.jpeg

IMG_9600-6.jpeg
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 10-09-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Added a new to me Turbo S to my stable.

The thing is a rocket! (I've attached the photos because I can't remember how to embed them)

Attachment 65532

Attachment 65533

Attachment 65534

Looks sweet! Nice stable of cars…!

Mitch
Old 10-11-2021, 09:55 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetspirit View Post
Looks sweet! Nice stable of cars…!

Mitch

Thank you! They are fun for sure!!!!

We did a run up the canyons on Saturday, fun family cruise.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW