AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 12-05-2013, 02:36 AM

I now have my new system installed. After experiencing a little bad luck involving a bad 300b tube causing me to have to repack one amp and send back to my dealer for new tubes and re biasing one week later I am back in business. Have had several evenings to listen and can say this Shindo/Devore combination is absolutely glorious. I am truly amazed how musical these little green boxes are. After being used to gear that is so heavy I get a back spasm even thinking about lifting it how refreshing to be able to just pick up your amp, place it with no effort and plug in cables and listen.

The D'Quem amps and Vosne Romanee pre are a beautiful pair. I don't have much experience with Shindo but I can tell you this combo is magic to my ears. This is right out of the box sounding amazing! I can only imagine how much better it will get with break in. Soundstage is huge, very involving and detailed without being fatiguing at all. I find listening at loud volume unnecessary but can do it for long periods because the sound is pure and very organic.

The sound I am hearing is not coloured at all. Even though being all tube it is very neutral and life like, much like being in a little small music venue with really good acoustics. I have listened to a wide variety of music so far and everything has been wonderful. Acoustic guitar, female vocalists especially so. Jazz, a match made in heaven for this gear. Last night an old fave of mine, Miles, Someday My Prince Will Come was very special. I have listened to this hundreds of times but the album came to life like never before. The juxtaposition between the two tenor sax's and Miles was as good as I have heard at home. Just finished listening to a little known Rikki Lee Jones gem called Naked Songs. A very emotionally draining experience on this gear. Essentially RLJ unplugged. Her voice was something to behold. This gear just brought out the best in all the records I have listened to.

I am more than pleased with these little boxes and look forward to hearing everything only getting better as they break in.

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 12-05-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLG4EVR View Post
I now have my new system installed. After experiencing a little bad luck involving a bad 300b tube causing me to have to repack one amp and send back to my dealer for new tubes and re biasing one week later I am back in business. Have had several evenings to listen and can say this Shindo/Devore combination is absolutely glorious. I am truly amazed how musical these little green boxes are. After being used to gear that is so heavy I get a back spasm even thinking about lifting it how refreshing to be able to just pick up your amp, place it with no effort and plug in cables and listen.

The D'Quem amps and Vosne Romanee pre are a beautiful pair. I don't have much experience with Shindo but I can tell you this combo is magic to my ears. This is right out of the box sounding amazing! I can only imagine how much better it will get with break in. Soundstage is huge, very involving and detailed without being fatiguing at all. I find listening at loud volume unnecessary but can do it for long periods because the sound is pure and very organic.

The sound I am hearing is not coloured at all. Even though being all tube it is very neutral and life like, much like being in a little small music venue with really good acoustics. I have listened to a wide variety of music so far and everything has been wonderful. Acoustic guitar, female vocalists especially so. Jazz, a match made in heaven for this gear. Last night an old fave of mine, Miles, Someday My Prince Will Come was very special. I have listened to this hundreds of times but the album came to life like never before. The juxtaposition between the two tenor sax's and Miles was as good as I have heard at home. Just finished listening to a little known Rikki Lee Jones gem called Naked Songs. A very emotionally draining experience on this gear. Essentially RLJ unplugged. Her voice was something to behold. This gear just brought out the best in all the records I have listened to.

I am more than pleased with these little boxes and look forward to hearing everything only getting better as they break in.
CONGRATS !!

Always a pleasure to read Shindo's owners about their experience. We speak the same language.
One of my first reaction when I got my CCQ monoblocks was : " how possible so much quality could be put in so little space ? ".
The WAF factor was very high on them because they replaced huuuuuge Mcs. ( 2301's ).
Wife said when she listened to both side by side : "so what is precisely in the Mcs ? Stones ? ".
Old 12-05-2013, 11:35 AM

Very nice! Everyone seems to have the same experience...which is very positive.

Jerome - your wife is funny! Though of course we know she has a good sense of humor putting up with your hobby.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:55 PM

CONGRATS and happy for you!!!

After your comment I perceive you been addicted to Shindo products.

We all know we are addicted.

Waiting for your next reviews.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
CONGRATS !! Always a pleasure to read Shindo's owners about their experience. We speak the same language. One of my first reaction when I got my CCQ monoblocks was : " how possible so much quality could be put in so little space ? ". The WAF factor was very high on them because they replaced huuuuuge Mcs. ( 2301's ). Wife said when she listened to both side by side : "so what is precisely in the Mcs ? Stones ? ".
Jerome, You know at first my wife was like, 'What are these boxey thingy,s. They are green. I liked the mac's better. After several nights of listening to some of her favorite albums she is now saying 'these are pretty cool' understated and I think I like the green with our artwork. Let's keep them. YES!

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 11-13-2021, 08:02 PM

After all those years, is there any change in you Shindo/DeVore system? What is your opinion on the system after 8 years?
Old 11-13-2021, 08:34 PM
Retired

Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag