AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Streaming & Television Shows

Streaming & Television Shows Netflix, Amazon, Cable & Network Series

Old 11-24-2021, 08:58 AM
Go Dawgs

Default Peter Jackson's The Beatles' "Get Back" begins tomorrow.

Peter Jackson's 3 part Beatles documentary Get Back begins tomorrow streaming on Disney +. Looking forward to this, the footage looks really cool. They're going to release one episode each day on the 25, 26 and 27th. Anyone else gonna watch????

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 11-24-2021, 10:02 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Thanks for the heads-up!

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:57 AM

Thanks Buck....I will absolutely be watching.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:51 PM
Go Dawgs

Official trailer in case you haven't seen it:

https://youtu.be/Auta2lagtw4
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 11-24-2021, 11:43 PM

Looking forward to this. Thankfully Sir Peter is doing this- it should be great!
Old 11-25-2021, 04:53 AM

Default Peter Jackson's The Beatles' "Get Back" begins tomorrow.

Will be watching
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM

Last edited by John49; 11-25-2021 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:00 AM
Go Dawgs

Did anyone get a chance to see episode 1 last night??? Really cool footage, nice job by Peter Jackson. It really was fascinating to see the band and the dynamics involved trying to come up with new material and work through old. You also can really feel the tension and the creative differences begin to bubble to the surface. I'm not gonna rehash the whole Lennon/Yoko Ono thing, but to me she just come off as creepy.

- Buck
Old 11-26-2021, 11:13 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

It was very good. I think the entire series will be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Did anyone get a chance to see episode 1 last night??? Really cool footage, nice job by Peter Jackson. It really was fascinating to see the band and the dynamics involved trying to come up with new material and work through old. You also can really feel the tension and the creative differences begin to bubble to the surface. I'm not gonna rehash the whole Lennon/Yoko Ono thing, but to me she just come off as creepy.

- Buck

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:25 AM
Retired

I watched a 30min prequel that was excellent. Due to holiday travel will have to catch this on the 2nd time around.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 11-26-2021, 12:45 PM

Wow. How could anyone say Yoko did not play a part in the break up although I'm not sure how much? It's one thing to read that she was constantly beside John in these sessions---it's another thing to experience it. Then in comes Linda and Maureen...but no one as "in your face" as Yoko.
Wilson Alexia V, ARC Ref 160M MkII,Ref 40,Ref Phono2SE, Shunyata Triton3, Typhon, Sigma PCs, ICs & SCs, Spectral SDR4000SV (w MIT IC), Belcanto PL1, Oppo 205, Marantz 2270 (tuner only):AudioDesk and VPI record cleaners, Furutech Demag & Destat; Stillpoint Apertures, TechDas AF 3S Premium with SAT CF9 and Kuzma 4pt 9" arms, Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Dynavector XV1-t stereo and XV1-s mono carts, Miyajima mono, Shure V15VxMR,