AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Home Theater

Home Theater Novice to Sublime

Old 01-11-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilettante View Post
For the Pioneer Elite UDP LX-500 4K UHD bluray player that I will be purchasing will not be an issue as this player has dual HDMI outputs. I can run one HDMI out to the SSP 800 for audio only and the other out direct to the 4K TV for 4K video.
Even with my current Oppo 105 bluray player I run the audio only HDMI out of the Oppo 105 to the SSP 800 for audio only and run the other HDMI out (video only HDMI out) of the Oppo 105 direct to my 1080p TV for video only.

However, I will also be getting all those 4K movie streaming devices and these devices only have one HDMI out, so that will be a problem since the SSP 800 does not pass through 4K video.
It wouldn't be an issue if the Pioneer Elite UDP LX-500 4K UHD bluray player was the only AV source component in this home theater setup.

I wish I could still get the Oppo 205 4K UHD bluray player cause the Oppo 205 has 2 HDMI inputs to connect from external AV devices/sources. that way I could run those 4K movie streaming devices / 4K capable cable TV box/decoder to the HDMI inputs on the Oppo 205. then run the audio only HDMI out of the Oppo 205 to the SSP 800 for audio only and run the other HDMI out (video only HDMI output) of the Oppo 205 direct to the 4K display. So I could use the Oppo 205 as HDMI 4K HDR video switching for those external 4K movie streaming devices / 4K capable cable TV box/decoder, etc.

Is the audio only HDMI output of the OPPO UDP-205 just stereo or is it surround sound as well?

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:33 PM

Got my name on a waiting list for the new Anthem MRX 1140.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Is the audio only HDMI output of the OPPO UDP-205 just stereo or is it surround sound as well?
It does full audio. It just keeps the video out the mix to leave room for audio.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thughes View Post
It does full audio. It just keeps the video out the mix to leave room for audio.
Thank you!

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.