AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 01-06-2016, 09:44 AM

Yes. Still running in. Away from home for 2 weeks so not much chance to further run them in. 😃
Old 01-11-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 755a View Post
You should have given me a shout.
Thanks! Maybe next time.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
Yes. Still running in. Away from home for 2 weeks so not much chance to further run them in. dde03
Well tell us how it is going?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:07 AM

Hi 755a, I presume you have the A23 755 speakers and must know how I felt to take a plunge and order something that I have not listened to. Well sorry to disappoint you but my opinions are still not formed yet? I travel a lot (airline industry) which takes me away from home irregurly so I am sure they are still breakin in slowly( not their fault but mine) The 753 is going to be a bit different than the Pl field coils or alnicos. It's also different from the 604 latour speakers. They are rated 98bd@16ohms with a 15 inch alnico bass driver and a field coil horn driver. The FC power supplies are bulld within the cabinets itself and culminates in a strip with 12 settings apparently to adjust the sound for different music or to suit different size rooms My ebony finish speakers are closed to the rear wall on the long side which is not optimal for this pair of sealed speaker. One thing for sure I have never heard my Montrachet so happy. It just gave it all and the 753 literally swung to life. I guess is like what Neil said, finally my amps can breathe properly. Yesterday, I set the my silverbacks mk2 beside the Shindo speakers and you can feel the amp working harder though the sound was also magical, more modern with the great soundstage and the sparkles from all the highs just wrap around your ears. Can I keep both speakers n buy a more powerful single ended amp (211 or 845tubes) The 753 are tonally rich and although it's a 2 way speaker,it sounds coherent and it take loudness or scale to a higher level. Give me some more time and I will post some pics. How nice if we could all get along n get together n compare our gears

Last edited by Tristan; 02-26-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:59 PM

That's fantastic! It took a long time for me to fully break in my A23 755a speakers. I bought them with out ever hearing them - leap of faith! I absolutely love them.

I look forward to see photos sometime.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:44 AM

Tristan, you say the 753 cabinets are big. What are the dimensions of the actual box?
Old 02-29-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salectric View Post
Tristan, you say the 753 cabinets are big. What are the dimensions of the actual box?
I do not have the dimensions now(in India) but will let you know once I am home. It's just that I was expecting it to be smaller or could be the small apartments we live in. It looks deeper than say a latour design but I may be wrong. The legs are quite long or should I say high? It actually block a bit of the TV screen. I know I should post some pics but have been trying without success.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Got it. W500 H900 D450Mm. 40kg. 98db/16ohms
Old 02-29-2016, 07:46 PM

That is indeed a large cabinet, larger than the Western Electric 753 by a considerable margin. No matter. I am sure it sounds wonderful. You are a lucky fellow!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
That is indeed a large cabinet, larger than the Western Electric 753 by a considerable margin. No matter. I am sure it sounds wonderful. You are a lucky fellow!
After 2 months or so, the sound of the 753 is slowly evolving. The sparkle of the field coil horns now exceeds that of the silverbacks. The bass is still improving but getting there. One concern about the 753 is that there is no way to access the drivers from the front as the grills are fixed permanently. Not that I want to dissect the speakers but if I need to say recone them, I think the only way is from behind.
With the Montrachet driving them, the 753 is like a horse let loose. 30 watts took me to places I have never been before with the silverbacks. Wonder how a cortese will sound ?