AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 03-16-2015, 10:35 AM

Accuphase has one of the best volume control. Their preamp are outstanding and I still haven't found one that beats mine.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:59 AM

Actually, the only thing I don't like about Accuphase is the number of inputs and feature like bass and treble control.

I think it's better to be more simple.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:08 PM

I would have liked a power button on the remote and I was a little disappointed that my accessory box didn't include a pair of these.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cisco View Post
I would have liked a power button on the remote ...
No it's not environmentally friendly to have a power button on the remote control leaving the equipment in standby mode consuming power.

The only power button must be on the machine and must be hardware off. Exactly just like Accuphase implements in all products.

This is one of many reasons I love Accuphase!
Old 03-16-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltemi View Post
Motorized volume pots ???
Ever heared anything about AAVA (introduced July 2002 with C-2800, since then applied in all integrated amps and pres) ?

Martin
Perhaps I should have made myself a bit clearer - I am well aware of AAVA, and it exactly because of that (and the LCD showing the volume level) why IMHO you no longer need an electrical motor that physically turns the volume knob around.

Cheers,
Samuel.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komhst View Post
No it's not environmentally friendly to have a power button on the remote control leaving the equipment in standby mode consuming power.

The only power button must be on the machine and must be hardware off. Exactly just like Accuphase implements in all products.

This is one of many reasons I love Accuphase!
I agree.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Actually, the only thing I don't like about Accuphase is the number of inputs and feature like bass and treble control.

I think it's better to be more simple.
Wow, I feel the opposite way. The features are nice to have, imo. And they don't have to be used at all! I currently have a little straight line preamp, and I miss the flexibility that Accuphase (and also McIntosh) give you in the preamps.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vln View Post
Perhaps I should have made myself a bit clearer - I am well aware of AAVA, and it exactly because of that (and the LCD showing the volume level) why IMHO you no longer need an electrical motor that physically turns the volume knob around.

Cheers,
Samuel.
Then please explain to me, how you can set the volume level turning the knob manually and how you use exactly the same sensor with the remote control.

Thinking about it, Accuphase found exactly the right solution: using the same sensor turning the knob manually or with a motor via remote control.

IMHO, if you do not like Accuphase products, don' buy them.

Martin

Last edited by meltemi; 03-17-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltemi View Post
Then please explain to me, how you can set the volume level turning the knob manually and how you use exactly the same sensor with the remote control.

Thinking about it, Accuphase found exactly the right solution: using the same sensor turning the knob manually or with a motor via remote control.

IMHO, if you do not like Accuphase products, don' buy them.

Martin
Hi Martin, if you perused Vin's other post on another thread, I think you misinterpreted his intention of raising the concern..

Vin : "While "Accuphase is superior to other brands" is too broad a statement for me, out of the brands I heard and had experience with it is the one I like best.
What I appreciate is their consistency, i.e. amps and pre amps looking pretty much the same since the late 80ies / early 90ies and thus becoming iconic over time - you will alway recognise Accuphase just by their design.
I also appreciate the features on offer, i.e. tone controls, loudness button, mono function etc. - I actually use this stuff!"

Last edited by bvdiman; 03-16-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvdiman View Post
Hi Martin, if you perused Vin's other post on another thread, I think you misinterpreted his intention of raising the concern..

Vin : "While "Accuphase is superior to other brands" is too broad a statement for me, out of the brands I heard and had experience with it is the one I like best.
What I appreciate is their consistency, i.e. amps and pre amps looking pretty much the same since the late 80ies / early 90ies and thus becoming iconic over time - you will alway recognise Accuphase just by their design.
I also appreciate the features on offer, i.e. tone controls, loudness button, mono function etc. - I actually use this stuff!"

bvdiman...I was thinking about editing (erasing) the last (bold) part of my post, which is no longer possible, since you already quoted it. I must admit that I may have gone a little too far.

However, what I still do not understand is Vin's critics about the motorized volume control knob (it's not a pot !).
IMO the solution Accuphase chose is the right one. One cannot just claim to leave something off without scetching a better solution simply because one may not fully understand its functioning.
There is more than one way to solve a technical issue, but discussions about it should be objective, i.e showing clearly the advantages and disadvantages of different solutions.

Martin