AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 11-14-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW1800 View Post
I've been listening to the W20SE for a bit now and it sounds glorious! The best way I can put it is when I had a N10 and moved up to the W20 that gain is there again moving from a W20 to a W20SE - its that big of a change. I had both units here for a bit so an A/B could be done reasonably quickly.

The extreme play mode sure makes a difference also. I do like to watch the screen so its a difficult choice at times. However this one selection sure is noticeable to my ears.

Would not of expected as much of a difference just by looking at the specs. Aurender surely shows there are differences on their web site but I think changes run even deeper then listed or acknowledged. They must of dug pretty deep since we are certainly aware of just how great the W20 was and is.

The only knock I would have is the new model should of had the A30 OLED screen. Other then that Aurender has done it again - another hi quality product in fit, function and sound quality!!
Thanks for the report.
I have scheduled an audition of the N10 in a couple of weeks. Maybe I should add the W20SE
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I've been listening to the W20SE for a bit now and it sounds glorious! The best way I can put it is when I had a N10 and moved up to the W20 that gain is there again moving from a W20 to a W20SE - its that big of a change. I had both units here for a bit so an A/B could be done reasonably quickly.

The extreme play mode sure makes a difference also. I do like to watch the screen so its a difficult choice at times. However this one selection sure is noticeable to my ears.

Would not of expected as much of a difference just by looking at the specs. Aurender surely shows there are differences on their web site but I think changes run even deeper then listed or acknowledged. They must of dug pretty deep since we are certainly aware of just how great the W20 was and is.

The only knock I would have is the new model should of had the A30 OLED screen. Other then that Aurender has done it again - another hi quality product in fit, function and sound quality!!
This is good info. Thanks. In my system, the Vivaldi transport trounces the W20. Maybe W20SE will do the trick. Price is double of the W20 from 5 years ago. Time to save up.

Source 2 - Avid Acutus SP reference + Thales Reference tone arm + Benz Micro LPS (DS Audio Master 1 broken tip repaired but cost me USD2k. Still having issues - channel imbalance - back to dealer. However, channel issues not withstanding, sounded very very nice. Need to get it back soonest)

Source 3 - DCS Vivaldi + Antelope reference clock or Cybershaft Op18 (not floating my boat so far)

Source 5 - ROON ROCK with Aurender W20 as NAS & 2 units of SOTM switch with 10M input (the new frontier but still cannot beat CD for now) - ROON endpoint - Vivaldi upsampler

Amplification - Naim Statement

Speakers - ProAc Carbon 8 + JL FM113 x2 (replacement purchased - Stella Utopia EVO but due to lockdown, could be a year's wait)

Purepower 2000 x 2 (&$@#% but
sounds nice)

Shunyata Denali X 2
Old 12-14-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:

Thanks for your update - I've been listening now to my w20se just for a few hours and am completely agree with your experience. I'm just blown away by how wonderful the w20se sounds. The background silence is several steps lower than the w20 - and from this wonderful black background emerges details, and rhythm, and music. Any aspect one can name (soundstage, details, instrument timbre, timing, etc) is a very noticeable advancement.
I also had an N10, then w20, and now the w20se. Each step has been a major leap in my experience. Each in their own right is amazing, and given one's budget you can expect outstanding performance at each price point. So one can't go wrong. The w20se compared to w20 though is a major advancement - Aurender has done it again! Congratulations to the team at Aurender for their amazing accomplishment - well done!

Update: After a few days of break in, I'd like to up my previous comments to absolutely stunning! The W20se is truly in a league of its own. Wow wow -- highly recommended...

Last edited by DMelby; 12-17-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:43 PM

Just an update on the W20SE.

I had an issue with a popping sound with DSD to PCM between tracks and just want to complement Aurender's continued support to get this fixed. It took a bit but they got the job done. Could of very easily threw their hands up at some point yet they did not. I know of few companies that work so hard to support their customers as Aurender does. I know issues are bothersome but they do care and will eventually get a fix if you have some patience and work with them beyond complaining and nasty comments.

You got to realize that its essentially a computer with many DAC's that it interacts with of various internal workings and designs. I can't but feel for them the immense complexity to make it all work. Its a testament to a great company and their people that they just get the job done. Well done Aurender!!
Old 01-29-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Just an update on the W20SE.

I had an issue with a popping sound with DSD to PCM between tracks and just want to complement Aurender's continued support to get this fixed. It took a bit but they got the job done. Could of very easily threw their hands up at some point yet they did not. I know of few companies that work so hard to support their customers as Aurender does. I know issues are bothersome but they do care and will eventually get a fix if you have some patience and work with them beyond complaining and nasty comments.

You got to realize that its essentially a computer with many DAC's that it interacts with of various internal workings and designs. I can't but feel for them the immense complexity to make it all work. Its a testament to a great company and their people that they just get the job done. Well done Aurender!!
Totally agree, Aurender is great with support
Old 02-28-2020, 09:09 AM

Enjoying these posts on the new Aurender W20SE. Anything more to add? Does anyone incorporate in their system a master-clock component? If so, is it being used for the DAC and the Aurender?
Paradigm: Persona 7F, C5v3, ADP3,
JL Audio: F113v2, CR-1,
Shunyata: Everest, Denali 6000/Sv2, Altera
Shunyata and WW: PCs, SCs and ICs.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixon007 View Post
Enjoying these posts on the new Aurender W20SE. Anything more to add? Does anyone incorporate in their system a master-clock component? If so, is it being used for the DAC and the Aurender?
I haven't tried or considered a master clock so far. The W20SE is absolutely amazing all on its own
Old 02-29-2020, 08:20 AM

Strong endorsement. Hmmmm . . .
[emoji848]
Paradigm: Persona 7F, C5v3, ADP3,
JL Audio: F113v2, CR-1,
Shunyata: Everest, Denali 6000/Sv2, Altera
Shunyata and WW: PCs, SCs and ICs.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:11 PM
George

Quote:
I've been listening to the W20SE for a bit now and it sounds glorious! The best way I can put it is when I had a N10 and moved up to the W20 that gain is there again moving from a W20 to a W20SE - its that big of a change. I had both units here for a bit so an A/B could be done reasonably quickly.!
I appreciate these and other comments. I was thinking about upgrading from my Auralic G2 but was unsure of what kind of improvements to expect. I was thinking the dominant character would come from the DAC and not the streamer. So I wasn’t sure if the upgrade would be worth it. I was considering the N10. If I error when I upgrade it is trying to save a few bucks. It always fails. So when I read that there were significant improvements between the N10 and W20 and W20SE, that clearly indicated any intermediate steps would be a waste of time and money. Within a few minutes listening to my new W20SE absolutely confirmed this. No question this was the right decision. Thanks. Really helpful listening to folks that have heard each. I enjoy listening to my system not fiddling, testing, and breaking in gear. On the other hand I am retired and don’t want to be throwing money at stuff, “just in case”.

Anyone tried master clocks? Which and what’it do?
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 11-20-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:47 PM

I have a master clock built in to my Select2 DAC so I’ll try it with and without the W20SE being slaved to the clock. Making a few system changes at the moment so that report will have to wait few weeks.