AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 09-22-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterLuJr View Post

The Model T's have to be one of my favorite speakers! They're by far the best speaker at there price point IMO. As for what types of music I listen to I really listen to everything. I've played everything from The Eagles, Bruno Mars, AC/DC, Guns n Roses, & I can go on. In regards to listening impressions, the speakers create a really dynamic soundstage. They can effortlessly reproduce any music you throw at them. I'm also using Krell as you can see from my signature. I'm very happy with the synergy between Krell and Bryston. The Model T's really have everything you could want from a speaker. They have the ability to produce amazing bass and general "loudness" without having to use high power amplifiers. The clarity and accuracy of the mid's and tweeters is phenomenal. You will not find another speaker at this price point that can do what the Bryston Model T's do.

Thanks for the quick response and great info. You and I have very similar musical tastes.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiham View Post
Very close to buying the Model T without a demo. Rich (Master Lu Jr.), would you mind posting your thoughts on the speaker and also what type of music you listen to. Thinking of matching these with a Krell integrated in my basement game room.
You cannot go wrong the Model T are as good or better than ANY speaker I have ever owned.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:43 PM

Along with everything else they do well I have NEVER heard any pair of speakers reproduce drums so realistically. It's simply uncanny.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:05 PM

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw7Dn65SmXI]CEDIA 2013: Bryston Shows Off Its Loudspeakers - YouTube[/ame]

Gary is our new Bryston support person - cause I'm getting old !

james

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 09-30-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:03 AM

Hi Folks,

Sneak peak of Absolute Sound Magazine review of the Bryston ‘mini t’ loudspeaker in the upcoming December issue . One of the main advantages of the Model T series speakers is their ability to provide flat frequency response into real listening rooms due to their excellent power response. I thought the below comment from the reviewer was apropos.

“James was certainly not surprised when I informed him that the Mini T’s produced the flattest frequency response (32Hz–10kHz +/- 2.7dB) I have yet observed in my listening room!”
Old 10-03-2013, 11:11 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speaker – Customer Feedback

Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:17 AM

“James

The Model T’s are just fantastic!

The sense of realism and presence they convey is uncanny. Kudos to you and your design team for building such a great speaker.

My wife (a pianist and professional French horn player) was equally impressed, and she’s quite discriminating in her musical tastes. “They’re so full and rich”, she said several times (and she should know full and rich having been a member of several orchestras across Canada). I’m impressed with the way they resolve cymbals – it really sounds like a wooden stick hitting a tempered metal disc. The “bite” of the reed on saxophones, and the initial pluck of guitar strings (both electric and acoustic) is also incredibly life-like. On drums, I get a real sense of a taught membrane being struck; the tone of the drumhead really comes through.

I haven’t given them a true run-through with piano, but so far they’re very faithful to the instrument (we have a baby grand, so I know what they sound like). I’ll let you know more of my impressions after further listening.

Once again, thanks for the awesome (there’s that word again) product”

Dan
Old 10-05-2013, 07:45 AM

Hi Folks,

I have had time finally to completely read the above review on the Mini T from Absolute Sound Magazine in totality and I must say it is superb

It really nails the concept we were trying to achieve in our speakers of flat in room frequency response, huge dynamic capability without dynamic compression and excellent sound power and expansive listening window.

I think Mini T owners will be very, very pleased with the reviewers thoughts and opinions.

james

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 10-05-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:33 AM

Hi Folks,

There are more reviews coming on the ‘Bryston Mini T speakers’ and I received this yesterday from a reviewer from a major magazine – me thinks he likes it !!!

Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:59 PM
To: James Tanner
Subject: Re: Bryston System

Hi James,

I am planning on having this published before Nov 1, will keep you updated as I progress. My intentions are to review the system as a whole (BP17 preamp - 28B-SST2 Mono Amps - Mini T speakers),

“Any advice on how to convince my wife and banker that we should re-mortage my house so I can keep this system?”
Modify message
Old 10-09-2013, 03:52 PM

Mini T review

http://bryston.com/PDF/reviews/2013_...age_Mini_T.pdf

james
Old 10-18-2013, 07:57 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers – Customer Feedback

Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:18 AM
Subject: Re: Bryston Model T Speakers

“Hi James

I heard the Model T at HiFi Centre the other day. They had them running on a new 4B a 26B pre amp and a Linn cd player with a digital out to your BDA-2 DAC

Pure Magic !!!

I plan to buy a new pair from that HiFi Center before the years end. What an amazing pair of speakers. I don't understand how a company that doesn't make speakers hits a home run like this on the first go around.

Were you involved in the design?”

Hi Robert

Yes I spent about 2 years trying different drivers and cabinets etc. and finally arrived at what you hear now.

I think I have owned every speaker there is to own over the many decades I have been doing this and I really knew what I wanted the speaker to have - huge dispersion and no dynamic compression at a state of the art level but at prices mere mortals could afford!.

James