Old 01-27-2016, 11:58 PM

Default T Driver picks

Thanks James got them
Old 02-02-2016, 04:38 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T ON-WALL Speakers

February 2016

HI James

I ordered my four Bryston Model T On-Wall speakers in Walnut from Dave at Audio Emporium several months ago. These were to replace a series of (EDIT) on wall speakers ranging from (EDIT) and later (EDIT). I have been considering switching my B&W 802 fronts, HTM1 center and two Nautilus series subs with Bryston speakers but wanted to walk prior to running and decided to start with the surround speakers.

Upon opening the cartons I was pleased with the walnut finish and the solid look and feel of the quality construction. Obviously comparing the Bryston On-Wall speakers to the (EDIT) line from (EDIT) is not a fair comparison. The Bryston speakers are far superior in every aspect. The comparison to the (EDIT) is a fair comparison, however I sold my (EDIT) for the same price I paid for the new Bryston speakers which is beyond amazing, and makes it very clear how good of value the Bryston On-Wall speakers are!

The mounting system for the Bryston speakers is genius! The mounting system alone puts the Bryston speakers in a league beyond that of either of the (EDIT) speakers. After making all the connections I appreciate the simplicity of the Bryston speakers, they are not too big and look very elegant, and they would be a fine addition to any theater room.

I decided to first listen to some music thru my BDP-2/SP3 combination. I isolated just a pair of the new Bryston speakers just to be able to evaluate them. I was immediately pleased with how musical these small speakers are. A pair of these would make for a killer setup for my office! I moved onto the real purpose for me and that was surrounds for my theater setup.

I first put in a new Blu-Ray from Pat Metheny "The Unity Sessions". The last track on the DVD "Medley" was amazing, I could not be more pleased. They offered so much more than the (EDIT) speakers that I could not believe I had waited to make the switch. The Bryston speakers filled in the sound perfectly in the rear of my room. After moving around the room to evaluate various listening positions, the new Bryston speakers continued to amaze me.

After having them in my room now for about a month I am very satisfied. They are everything I could have hoped for and in my opinion some of the best surround speakers I have heard.

The only complaint I have with my new Bryston T On-Wall speakers is they have me wondering, should I go all in? Should I give up my much loved (EDIT) front setup for the Model T's? It’s a tough decision to make, I really like what I have up front but the change on the rears has me wondering!

Wonderful speakers, wonderful value!

Joe Pichette
Old 02-03-2016, 04:44 PM

Hi folks,

Just received a terrific and very in-depth review of a complete Bryston Speaker Surround system consisting of the A2 Tower, AC-1 Mini Center, Mini A Bookshelf, Model A Subwoofer in Widescreen Review Magazine.

Please note his comments regarding the use of the Model A2 Towers in a straight up Stereo system.

“I could easily live with the A2 as the front left and right anchors in a typical stereo system. This is the kind of sound people dream of.”

I have the complete PDF if anyone wants a copy - jamestanner@bryston.com

P.S. - Its 5 pages
Old 02-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:24 PM
To: jamestanner@bryston.ca

Hi James,

After the last audio show in Montreal last year, I decided that it was time to change my speakers. I'm glad that I did, I did began with the Middle T and the TC mini 1. Wow a change it made with all the things that we listen with it.

In october I bought my last piece, wich is the mini T bookshelf, but didn't have time to built my own bracket wall to install them. But everything change this past week end, I hang them last saturday and did my new level noise adjustment. I pass an hour making fine tuning adjustment.

I have to tell you that I was so impress with the result, I'm immerse in sound, it is all around me, every details is absolute clear. For shure the amp are very qualifier for the task, I power the front with a 4BSST and the other 3 channel is with a 6BSST.

It's been a long time that I didn't really enjoy my sound system like that, everything sound great, music, movie, even mp3 wich is actually pretty crap music.

All this to say that you have a very very happy customer and a long time customer addicted to your BRAND. Continue your good work.

Robert Caron
Old 02-07-2016, 10:43 PM

SUBJECT: CES 2016 Bryston Demo – Audio Beat Award !

The Audio Beat 2016 Jimmy Awards

The Bryston suite provided an opportunity to converse with one of the great men of high-end audio.

While a number of visitors milled about, Bryston’s vice-president and brain-trust, James Tanner, sat alone on a sofa rapt in music. I seized the opportunity to park myself next to him. James was in a cordial mood. Indeed, the smallest in the line of Tanner-sponsored loudspeakers rocked the house. The Mini-T is the Baby Huey of bookshelf speakers.

A three-way with 8" woofer, the Mini-T weighs in at 42 pounds. Shoving one onto a shelf could be a chore. James Tanner’s design brief was, first of all, to eliminate dynamic compression. Mission accomplished!

The Mini-T’s dynamic capability rivalled that of loudspeakers twice as large and ten times the price.

The second goal was to attain wide dispersion with a generous sweet spot. The Mini-T was not quite capable of three abreast imaging, but it was great for two. The Bryston electronics consisted of Bryston BDP2 digital player, BDA3 DAC, BP26 preamp and new 7B [Cubed] mono amplifier. Before the show, Mr. Tanner was on my list for a Lifetime Achievement Award, but based on the performance of the Mini-T, I see he’s not done yet.

For the Most Lifelike-Sounding Bookshelf Speaker, the Mini-T racks up a Jimmy Award.

Jim Saxon
Audio Beat Magazine.

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 02-08-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:57 PM

Hi Folks,

Sneak Peak:

The Bryston A2 speaker is making quite a name for itself - just received a 'Stellar Sound Award' from Everything Audio.

My favourite comment:

Dislikes: a speaker with no downside
Wow Factor: Bryston equals accuracy

Based on my testing, I am also awarding the Bryston A2 an Everything Audio Network Stellar Sound Award.

John Gatsky.

Full review will be online shortly.

james
Old 02-17-2016, 04:00 PM

SUBJECT: Congratulations Peter on your GRAMMY WIN !

February, 2016

Peter Moore: From the Basement Tapes To Grammy Glory !

L to R: Steve Berkowitz, Jan Haust, Peter J. Moore

The pairing of Peter Moore and Jan Haust - two Canadian music historians - whistled Dixie Monday night after receiving a Grammy Award for Bob Dylan and The Band's legendary lost The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11, cited for

“Historical Album of the Year.”

The duo shared the award with Americans Steve Berkowitz, Jeff Rosen and Mark Wilder.

Haust was credited as Producer, along with Berkowitz and Rosen, while Moore and Wilder were was credited as mastering engineers.

Peter mastered this recording using:

• Bryston ‘Middle T’ speakers.

• Bryston ‘4B-SST2’ amplifiers.

James Tanner,
V/P Bryston Ltd.

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 02-17-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:36 PM

James:

Here is link to article, and logo for award.

John Gatski.

Everything Audio Network: Audiophile Review!Bryston A2 Three-Way Tower Loudspeaker:"Honest Audio Reproduction, Great Price"

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 02-17-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:34 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker – Reviewers Reference!

February 2016

James,

As an audio reviewer it's rare that I get so excited about speakers.

I hear a lot of mediocre and over-priced speaker models which don't offer anything I haven't heard (or seen) before.

I'm still amazed at how much sound the Bryston A2 loudspeakers offer for their price point.

"Giant Killer";
that's how I'd describe them.

I mean, I bought them based on the overall musicality of SQ that they create. And while I own speakers that have superior SQ in one area of the frequency spectrum, (i.e. my Quad ESL-63s have better midrange), the A2's cohesiveness is amazing. Their SQ has a seamless integration that punches WAY above their MSRP.

These last few months, I've been auditioning some obscenely expensive power cords (PCs) with prices in the $5K to $15K retail range. I've primarily been using the Bryston A2’s to judge how these PCs sound, because the A2s tell me exactly what's going on across the ‘entire’ frequency spectrum.

I keep trying to dethrone the Bryston A2 speakers with other speakers, but nothing under the $7K to $8K retail price point that I’ve yet heard can do what the A2s do.

Which is why I bought them!

Cheers,
Douglas Seth Brown
Old 03-02-2016, 07:44 AM

Hi Folks,

Another great review on the Bryston A2 speakers by a listening panel.

SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker Review

March 2016

“The temptation is to look at their size and their beautifully understated finish, and expect the Bryston Model A2 to represent a high point in the art of speaker making.

They do have a lot to offer, especially detail, timing and impact. They can sound really exciting. That might make them well suited to rock music, but they also produced an orchestral image and depth that surprised me. I wouldn’t have thought you could do that with three pairs of drivers a side.”

Toby Earp

“If you’re looking for lightning-fast speaker response, rock-solid impact and crystal clear lyrics, you’ll find them all with this pair. If you also insist on precise imaging and more than decent depth, you’ll find it all here too.”

Albert Simon

“When money is scarce, I generally prefer small speakers to large ones. But small speakers have their own problems, and in a large room you may need to turn to full-sized speakers.

The speakers look terrific, and they mostly sound no less terrific.”

Gerard Rejskind

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 03-02-2016 at 09:04 AM.