AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Japanese Exotica

Japanese Exotica Kondo, Leben, Luxman, Zanden

Old 06-10-2021, 05:20 PM

Default The Luxman L-595 SE

To commemorate Luxman's 95th Anniversary Luxman this month has released the L-595 SE integrated. It is a copy of the 1989 L-570. No meters all buttons. Specs exactly like the 590 AXII. Price $11,995. Only 300 will be produced and 100 allocated to the USA. It's rather odd the only difference between the 590 and the 595 SE seem to be just cosmetic. However the cost of the 595 is almost 4K higher. Am I missing something.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:03 PM

The L-595ASE blurb (I assume the "A" stands for the units allocated to the USA) on Luxman America's website uses the phrase "incorporates the finest of LUXMAN’s latest circuit technologies," including the feedback circuit and 88-step volume attenuator. What other circuit improvements, if any, might have been made aren't specifically addressed there.

Bedroom: Aurender N150, TEAC UD-505 (AKM version), EMIA Cu Elmaformer passive line stage, conrad-johnson MF2500, Paradigm Studio 20 v5. Shunyata Delta D6, Altaira CG hub. Shunyata Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, Alpha USB, Alpha and Venom CGC/SGC. Wireworld Eclipse 8 interconnect & speaker cables. Stillpoints footers, Butcher Block Acoustics maple platforms. Stillpoints and GIK acoustic panels.

Home Office:Windows 11 PC/JRiver 31, TEAC UD-501, Luminous Audio Technology Axiom II Walker Mod passive, conrad-johnson Sonographe SA-250, Paradigm SE-1. Shunyata Hydra (Original Version), Venom 10 NR. Wireworld Eclipse 7 interconnects. Blue Jeans speaker cable.

Living-Dining Room: Windows 11 Laptop/JRiver 29, Oppo BD-83, TEAC UD-501 DAC, SOTA Sapphire TT, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh MR-77, c-j Sonographe SC-25, c-j MF2500, Paradigm SE-3. Wireworld 8 IC, Blue Jeans SC. Shunyata Hydra 8 v.2, Shunyata Delta NR, Venom NR. GIK 244 bass & scatter-plate panels.

Last edited by jimtranr; 06-10-2021 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:09 PM

Are there significant differences between the two versions other than the exterior design?

https://luxmanamerica.com/product/l-595ase/
https://www.luxman.co.jp/product/l-595al
Old 06-11-2021, 04:46 AM

It doesn't seem so. That's why it's puzzling.
Old 06-11-2021, 06:23 AM
Retired

What I find puzzling is why Luxman would want to harken back to an era that was likely their least desirable. The previous era, upon which the LX-380 & CL-38uC are based, have a considerably better reputation from those who collect/listen to vintage gear, from both a quality & asethetic perspective. If built to their current standards, am sure it is a great piece of gear, while I do not find it appealing to look at.

Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 06-11-2021, 02:39 PM

I could justify the $11,995 price tag if they maybe added more power. 50 wpc class A. Also wasn't the late 80's the Alpine era. A time when Luxman almost went under. That was their low point.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:13 PM

Mine arrives next week. It will be interesting to see how it performs against my 590 and 900 combo
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 06-20-2021, 04:43 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
Mine arrives next week. It will be interesting to see how it performs against my 590 and 900 combo
There was a person on another forum who just received a 595 and he stated it was better than the 590 which he owned. It'll be nice to read your review.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:04 AM

Mine just arrived yesterday. I will be setting it up tonight. It is heavier than the 590!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 06-23-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Are there significant differences between the two versions other than the exterior design?

https://luxmanamerica.com/product/l-595ase/
https://www.luxman.co.jp/product/l-595al
From a reputable Luxman dealer...

What we understand is that there are over 120 parts detail differences between the L-590aXII and L-595ASE;

* Different main power transformer, with special attention paid to noise entering the circuits. And with special vibration control of the transformer itself.
* New, special power supply capacitors. Also installed with special vibration control mounting.
* Anti-resonance chassis design elements implemented in the extreme.
* Peel coat PCB’s implemented where it can make a difference.
* Special copper clad critical signal path shielding.
* Special “Line-1 gold direct onto copper (KAPPA) alloy” RCA style input jacks. (For best sound quality)
* Special selected Nichicon and Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors used throughout.
* First introduction of Luxman’s proprietary “ODNF-u” (Only Distortion Negative Feedback – Ultimate) in an integrated amplifier application. (An advancement over ODNF 4.0)
* Special, very low -impedance speaker relays. (Higher damping factor= 370)