AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Sports

Sports Place for all to discuss different sports

Old 01-06-2021, 09:49 PM

Smile Go You Reds!

Any LFC fans out there?

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 01-06-2021, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70smac View Post
any lfc fans out there?

ynwa
jft 96
Old 01-07-2021, 01:39 AM

Smile Ynwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitared View Post
ynwa
jft 96
I've been watching them since I was first stationed there in the summer of '86, and, yes I was over there when all of those poor Scousers were herded into those pens. To this day, I've never seen a worse thing happen to so many people who gathered simply to support their home team.

JFT 96

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 01-07-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
I've been watching them since I was first stationed there in the summer of '86, and, yes I was over there when all of those poor Scousers were herded into those pens. To this day, I've never seen a worse thing happen to so many people who gathered simply to support their home team.

JFT 96

I am from the UK originally prior to moving to Canada, The recent inquiries and outcomes are quite damming on the way Hillsborough was handled. Will not bring the people back but some closure for the families. I have a close affliction with the city of Liverpool and have supported the Reds since 1979 much to the chagrin of my family [emoji12]
Old 01-07-2021, 01:23 PM

Neither of my teams are in the premier league,but I like both LFC and Arsenal.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:19 AM

Thumbs up LFC's finest left-winger

Quote:
I am from the UK originally prior to moving to Canada, The recent inquiries and outcomes are quite damming on the way Hillsborough was handled. Will not bring the people back but some closure for the families. I have a close affliction with the city of Liverpool and have supported the Reds since 1979 much to the chagrin of my family [emoji12]
Akitared.....Well, then you'll remember, fondly I hope, when Digger Barnes was brought over from Watford FC in '87. Once he was on the left, the Reds became a force that I don't think I've seen equaled since. I mean, I certainly hope that Messieurs Beardsley and Aldridge send him a Christmas card every year -- because he made those two look better than I believe they actually were. I mean, if Mo Salah and Co. could get that kind of service, the Reds would become the dynasty they once were in a heartbeat!

John Barnes, the best left-winger I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Perhaps my fondest memories of LFC were during his time in LFC red...

Old 01-08-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio times View Post
Neither of my teams are in the premier league,but I like both LFC and Arsenal.

Boo

COYS!
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 01-08-2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
Akitared.....Well, then you'll remember, fondly I hope, when Digger Barnes was brought over from Watford FC in '87. Once he was on the left, the Reds became a force that I don't think I've seen equaled since. I mean, I certainly hope that Messieurs Beardsley and Aldridge send him a Christmas card every year -- because he made those two look better than I believe they actually were. I mean, if Mo Salah and Co. could get that kind of service, the Reds would become the dynasty they once were in a heartbeat!

John Barnes, the best left-winger I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Perhaps my fondest memories of LFC were during his time in LFC red...

Barnes is one of my all time fave reds, Beardsley was seriously underrated. The overall creative playmakers back then would walk into the team today, even Bobby would thrive in front of goal with that level of service
Old 01-08-2021, 02:48 PM

Thumbs up Let's open up the game!

Quote:
Barnes is one of my all time fave reds, Beardsley was seriously underrated. The overall creative playmakers back then would walk into the team today, even Bobby would thrive in front of goal with that level of service
Absolutely, akitared! In my opinion, Herr Jurgen doesn't presently have the kind of players that can effectively open up a defense like Barnesy could...and, let's be honest here, even when someone was in front of John Barnes, he had the skills to get around them.

The point is that we don't have those kind of threats right now, so defenses are simply camping out in the final third and hoping for the Reds' defense to make a mistake -- and without defensive players like Virgil back there, that's highly likely. In other words, the present game plan being adopted by opposing managers is to go for the pseudo-Italian strategy of a super-tight defense and play for either a tie or a low-scoring win. It's a boring style of play, but it's been very effective, thus far, this season. I mean, as of late, we've either tied with or been beaten by teams that can barely stay in the EPL, so something's definitely gone wrong.

Last edited by 70sMac; 01-08-2021 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:20 PM

Thumbs up Back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by John49 View Post
Boo

COYS!
I saw Tottenham play LFC at White Hart Lane back in the Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles and Gazza days. Hell, I even bought one of those yellow HOLSTEN away jerseys when I was there for a match. They were probably my second team, back then, but I'm not as crazy about the team being focused around one player -- as it has been for years now. They seem very one-dimensional these days and, sorry to the Spurs faithful, but I don't think that "The Special One" is a long term solution.

Last edited by 70sMac; 01-10-2021 at 02:51 AM.