AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 01-04-2021, 11:12 PM

Writing a letter is a great idea. The more I think about it, the fact that Autonomic is standing behind its products, especially after what seems to be turbulent waters for them, is amazing. We should expect as much from McIntosh. For me, this expectation is only driven for my passion for the company - I want them to succeed, and when I experience stuff like this, it hurts.

I don’t mean to sound so negative. My first paycheck from my first real job 30 years ago went toward buying McIntosh - and that hasn’t changed to this day. They inspire a lot of good stuff...hoping to contribute to making this small section of their portfolio better.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:19 AM

I wish you the best - and I’d add that dealers are not always the best informed so getting the straight story from the factory is definitely the way to go.
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v
Old 01-19-2021, 05:33 PM

A new firmware has been released for the MS500 that has the new HTML5 web interface!

Nothing so far for the MB100, but it is worth noting that the iOS and Android apps are unaffected by the flash deprecation and still appear to work.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:21 AM

Thank you for the update, that is hopeful news! I will pass this news onto my dealer, who was told by McIntosh specifically that no new updates were coming for the ms500. Besides the html5 interface, I have to assume that the load of bug fixes came along with it.

Ok, so now, autonomic mentions that updates will be coming in due time for their gen 1 systems, so I will keep an open mind that this has the potential to include the mb100, which would be incredible.

It would go a long way for the digital arm of Mc to include their 6 year young mb100 in these updates.

Many thanks for sharing the news!
Old 01-22-2021, 06:05 PM

Release Notes for the MS500...

McIntosh 5.35.20210107.0
General Improvements

Replace Flash interface with HTML5 interface (old interface available at http://ipOfServer/MediaBridge/index.htm)
Improve NAS support and reliability
Fix Media Catalog export

iHeartRadio

Fix login issue

SiriusXM

Improve playback reliability

Spotify

Improve Connect playback reliability
Improve track metadata reliability during playback

TIDAL

Upgrade to OAuth authentication

TuneIn

Improve station playback retry logic
Old 02-16-2021, 11:01 AM

update: A friend called me last night to let me know his Autonomic MMS-5A updated to the newest firmware. For those just checking in, the MMS-5A is the core of the MB100. So, maybe there's some hope there for us MB100 owners. Sure enough, on Autonomic's blog, they have a post about the older MMS-5A devices finally getting updated to remove Flash. So, now we know at least it's possible to bring the MB100s current.

Also, for what it's worth, I cancelled my order of 2 MS500s based on an email from McIntosh support a few months ago, letting me know that there wasn't going to be a firmware update for the MS500. Now that the MS500 was updated with new firmware, I haven't heard back from McIntosh. I know things are tough with covid in general, etc, but I find it odd that no one's reaching out to let me know that I should proceed with the purchase, since a lack of support was the sticking point for me.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:54 AM

From McIntosh website

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/product...treamers/MS500

UPDATE: MS500 and the end of Adobe Flash
The web browser user interface for the MS500 utilizes Adobe Flash. As of December 31, 2020, Adobe is no longer supporting Flash Player and they will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021. To allow MS500 users to continue using the MS500's web interface, we have worked with our partners at Autonomic to produce a new interface for the MS500 that does not rely on Flash. To minimize any disruptions in users accessing their MS500 via the web interface, we are releasing the current working version on January 11, 2021. This will be followed by a later version that includes the familiar McIntosh MediaBridge branding. To access the new interface, the latest firmware must be installed on your MS500. To install the new firmware:
Using a computer connected to the same network as the MS500, launch an internet web browser.
In the "URL-Address line" type in the IP Address Number of your MS500 and add "/config" to end of the address (for example: 192.1.168.130/config).
Select the Firmware Tab.
Select Update in the firmware Update Window.
Adobe ending support for Flash does not affect the free MediaBridge control app that is available for iPhone, iPad or Android devices, or the handheld remote control that is included with the MS500.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:42 PM

great find Cohibaman. A few things to note from this info:

1. McIntosh is actively working with Autonomic, and has open lines of communication.

2. McIntosh is putting a patch out quickly right now, without branding, just to keep the product current.

3. McIntosh will continue to work with Autonomic to release a future update that has branding.

4. Since Autonomic has released updated firmware for their older units, and I don't see news like this on the MB100 page, and while McIntosh is still talking to Autonomic, it would seem the writing is on the wall for the MB100.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:36 AM

Are Playlists visible in the new non-flash version?
Old 02-20-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobone View Post
Are Playlists visible in the new non-flash version?
Hi Bobone, thanks for chiming in, I’ve been reading the work you’ve done on the Nuvo systems.

Unless I misunderstood your question, we don’t have a non flash version yet for the mb100 (discontinued sometime in 2018, or when stock depleted, I think) Only the Linux based, current ms500 got the update for now.

We are hopeful that McIntosh comes through and scores a win for their digital reputation....