AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 02-16-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thughes View Post
Just become a member and use the AA insert image icon on the message window.
I’m a junior member I think but I’m not allowed use of AA image insert icon. There is a red X through it. The other suggestion seems too complicated.
Thanks
Old 02-16-2021, 10:52 PM

Smile It's actually fairly simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagelJoe View Post

I’m a junior member I think but I’m not allowed use of AA image insert icon. There is a red X through it. The other suggestion seems too complicated.
Thanks
Joe..... If you're seeing a red 'X," that's probably because you're not a subscriber. By the way, the engineer in me has to get into all of the minute details (a.k.a., expository writing), but I promise you that it's not hard at all. All you have to do is get a feel for a few of the controls.

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 02-17-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Thanks
I think I should have said Subscriber.
Old 02-27-2021, 12:07 AM

I haven't subscribed yet so no pics. Loving the Mc611/C1100 combo with the Aerial 10T's I've owned over 20 years. Decided to upgrade the turntable instead of new speakers as the Aerials sounded great. Maybe B&W 800's next year.

My question relates to the two choices below. Both available in town with installation.

1) Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with Clearaudio Universal 9" tonearm and Clearaudio Jubilee Panzerholz MC cartridge.

2) Oracle Delphi Reference table with a new Tri-Planar arm and Lyra Etna Lambda cartridge(6 hours use as demo at dealer). Suppose to be a Kleos cartridge with package but there's a 6 month delay. Discounting about 2K from retail on Etna.

Option 2 is about $6600 more after trade-ins etc. Is the difference worth it? Anyone have experience with either or similar set-ups and have some feedback in helping make my choice.

Thanks in advance for any feedback from users on either choice.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:21 AM

Quote:
I haven't subscribed yet so no pics. Loving the Mc611/C1100 combo with the Aerial 10T's I've owned over 20 years. Decided to upgrade the turntable instead of new speakers as the Aerials sounded great. Maybe B&W 800's next year.

My question relates to the two choices below. Both available in town with installation.

1) Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with Clearaudio Universal 9" tonearm and Clearaudio Jubilee Panzerholz MC cartridge.

2) Oracle Delphi Reference table with a new Tri-Planar arm and Lyra Etna Lambda cartridge(6 hours use as demo at dealer). Suppose to be a Kleos cartridge with package but there's a 6 month delay. Discounting about 2K from retail on Etna.

Option 2 is about $6600 more after trade-ins etc. Is the difference worth it? Anyone have experience with either or similar set-ups and have some feedback in helping make my choice.

I’ve never heard either table or cart so my opinion ain’t worth a hill of beans but I’ll give it anyway, go for the Clearaudio and save the $6.6k. That Clear set up will sound great! (As will option 2)

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 02-28-2021, 01:00 AM

Thanks j3brow for the response. Can't go wrong either way I'm sure.
Just heard a SME 20/3 with the Lyra Etna cartridge today, sounded damn good.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:47 AM

I have a C2600/MC611 combo with the McIntosh XR100 speakers. My turntable is a Mc built by Clearaudio. I absolutely love the combination. I upgraded the cart for one built by Clearaudio and modeled after the Talisman.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill
Old 02-28-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:

<snip>

I have owned the very Clearaudio combination that you considering for over a half year and to that I am able to speak. I have found it to be an outstanding analog front end with impeccable build quality. Great speed/pitch constancy, "pace", and very quiet with a black ground when the vinyl is up to it. The Jubilee MC tracks very well with a high degree of fidelity to the music. Not atypical of many cartridges, it takes roughly 75 hours of playing time to let the cartridge settle in and sweeten (with no loss of detail) to its final voice. I have found that a loading of 400 ohm at a recommended stylus force of 2.8 g optimum. Sound stage is wide, deep and musically detailed. The quality of the Universal Arm and the cantilever configuration relative to the cartridge body makes accurate queuing very easy. All three pieces (table, arm, cartridge) coming from the same manufacturer results in excellent synergy, IMHO. Be sure to include in the purchase the Outer Limit Locator accessory and a suitable record clamp to obtain a secure vinyl disk clamping system. Highly recommended.

Hope this is of help. Good luck and happy listening with whatever you choose.

Bob
Sources: ClearAudio Jubilee MC/ClearAudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Kirmuss KA-RC-1 ultrasonic. L’Art du Son CD treatment.

Last edited by Bob Bubeck; 03-01-2021 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Update info.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:13 AM

Thanks for your thoughts so far. Thanks Bob for sharing on the system I’m looking at. Hopefully someone will contribute on the Oracle Delphi, with or without same tone arm/cartridge.

Last edited by BagelJoe; 03-01-2021 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Misspell
Old 03-10-2021, 02:24 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bubeck View Post
I have owned the very Clearaudio combination that you considering for over a half year and to that I am able to speak. I have found it to be an outstanding analog front end with impeccable build quality. Great speed/pitch constancy, "pace", and very quiet with a black ground when the vinyl is up to it. The Jubilee MC tracks very well with a high degree of fidelity to the music. Not atypical of many cartridges, it takes roughly 75 hours of playing time to let the cartridge settle in and sweeten (with no loss of detail) to its final voice. I have found that a loading of 400 ohm at a recommended stylus force of 2.8 g optimum. Sound stage is wide, deep and musically detailed. The quality of the Universal Arm and the cantilever configuration relative to the cartridge body makes accurate queuing very easy. All three pieces (table, arm, cartridge) coming from the same manufacturer results in excellent synergy, IMHO. Be sure to include in the purchase the Outer Limit Locator accessory and a suitable record clamp to obtain a secure vinyl disk clamping system. Highly recommended.

Hope this is of help. Good luck and happy listening with whatever you choose.

Bob
Sources: ClearAudio Jubilee MC/ClearAudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Kirmuss KA-RC-1 ultrasonic. L’Art du Son CD treatment.
Just ordered the Clearaudio turntable set up. Looking forward to the journey and new listening experiences. In my case, very probably end game scenario.
Appreciate your feedback on this Bob.