AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 09-08-2013, 01:35 AM

Caelin,

I appreciate the detailed guidelines and plan to use the ones I don't already follow!

One quick question: are there any do's and don't's regarding the installation of a lightning rod?

Vance
Old 09-08-2013, 07:51 AM

Caelin,

Thank you for taking time and your expertise to provide such detailed and important information. I already have a separate rider with my USAA homeowners policy to cover my equipment. The electricians I am using are good and I will make sure they follow the guidelines and specifications you provided. I am also in the process of upgrading my power cords and power conditioner in this process, just working out my budget. After much reading and research, I believe products from Shunyata are the ones that will best meet my needs. That is one reason I came to this forum in my quest.

Thank you also for the suggestion on surge protection for the whole house. It is something I have been considering, but did not know if it would have a negative impact on the sound. Perhaps the benefits outweigh other issues.

Thank you again for sharing your expertise and providing some very helpful information.

George
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhiner View Post
Caelin,

I appreciate the detailed guidelines and plan to use the ones I don't already follow!

One quick question: are there any do's and don't's regarding the installation of a lightning rod?

Vance
lightning rod installation is site specific - so seek out a local installer with experience

cg
Old 09-08-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaaron View Post
Caelin,

Thank you for taking time and your expertise to provide such detailed and important information. I already have a separate rider with my USAA homeowners policy to cover my equipment. The electricians I am using are good and I will make sure they follow the guidelines and specifications you provided. I am also in the process of upgrading my power cords and power conditioner in this process, just working out my budget. After much reading and research, I believe products from Shunyata are the ones that will best meet my needs. That is one reason I came to this forum in my quest.

Thank you also for the suggestion on surge protection for the whole house. It is something I have been considering, but did not know if it would have a negative impact on the sound. Perhaps the benefits outweigh other issues.

Thank you again for sharing your expertise and providing some very helpful information.

George
If you tell me more about your system, current power cords and power distributors, I can help with specific recommendations. Give me a idea of what your goals are and approximate budget. The budget should include power distributors and power cords since they function as a power system.

Private message if you desire.

cg
Old 09-08-2013, 02:18 PM

Caelin,

Well if I could figure out how to PM I would, but I am new to this forum so am still finding my way around.

I have to say my power system has been neglected. I have an Audioprism Foundation 3 and Richard Gray Power Company 400 Pro, both of which I have had for some time. AC cords include Sidewinder (2) on preamp and phono preamp, a JPS Labs on my CD player and the stock ARC cord on my power amp. My system is all Audio Research: Reference 5 preamp; Reference 110 amp; Reference CD7 and PH7 phono preamp; Martin Logan Spire speakers; Acoustic Zen Silver Reference XLR and single ended interconnects and Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables in a bi-wire configuration. I do have some Diamondback Platinums I recently put on my speakers to replace the throw away cord that came with them.

My thought has been to replace power cords first, on my front end and amp, then add a power conditioner once my budget recovers. And perhaps the interconnect between preamp and amp which is Acoustic Zen Matrix XLR. Budget-wise I have been considering the ZTRON Cobra or perhaps a used CX Anaconda cable from Audiogon. Would love to add the Triton, which is why I am thinking of adding things in two phases.

I appreciate your suggestions very much.

Thank you.

George
Old 09-09-2013, 09:17 PM
From the BAT cave ...

George, you have to be a subscriber to have access to private messaging. Best money you ever spent.