AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Pre-Amps & Amplifiers

Pre-Amps & Amplifiers All Brands Welcome

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche993TT View Post
wth, IN MY OPINION, arc ref is better gear, if my OPINION offends you than i really don't know what to tell ya, and to say false, well, again, thats why its called an OPINION charles. not trying to intimidate you in the least, I've been in the business an have some knowledge, you are the one that said and i quote

"an off the cuff comment like yours says more about your knowledge of high end audio than it addresses Ed's question."

you questioned my knowledge, so look in the mirror about offending someone sport
Why do you never post your signature? Why no pics of your system? My system is all over this website. Where is yours? Opinions can be well written or offensive. My opinion of you is that you may not telling the truth. Post your signature. Put pics of your system on AA. At least these other folks have done so.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Charles,

I love McIntosh equipment but don’t share your blind faith that it is always better.

I know of two other AudioNuts who are very successfully using Ref 160m with Alex and Alex V speakers. Your McZeal seems to go into hyperdrive sometimes.
"McZeal" again is offensive to me. This whole thread when I read it is a bash Mac thread. I in the distant past have seen threads like this. I hope not to see one again.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Why do you never post your signature? Why no pics of your system? My system is all over this website. Where is yours? Opinions can be well written or offensive. My opinion of you is that you may not telling the truth. Post your signature. Put pics of your system on AA. At least these other folks have done so.
posting a pic of ones system really means nothing to me, has nothing to do with ones ability or knowledge, maybe it does for you but means nothing to me

later, enjoy your system
Old 09-02-2022, 11:19 AM
Retired

Charles - sorry you are offended by the truth. Facts can be unpleasant (to some) things. No way this is/was a "bash McIntosh" thread. They, like all manufacturers, are imperfect.
Enjoy your McIntosh. They, like ARC, make excellent products and neither are for everyone.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 09-02-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche993TT View Post
posting a pic of ones system really means nothing to me, has nothing to do with ones ability or knowledge, maybe it does for you but means nothing to me

later, enjoy your system
I consider you a troll. As such your opinion carries no weight at all. It is obvious that you have no system. These other folks have systems. They are real. Maybe you are. Maybe you aren't. Until you post your system, you are a troll.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I consider you a troll. As such your opinion carries no weight at all. It is obvious that you have no system. These other folks have systems. They are real. Maybe you are. Maybe you aren't. Until you post your system, you are a troll.
you need to drink less coffee and get out more often, no idea why you so bent out of shape cause i like others on here prefer arc ref over mcintosh, its a free country still an thats my opinion, like i said, enjoy your system.

also, calling me a troll, seriously, grow up
Old 09-02-2022, 12:05 PM

Sorry Porsche993TT, you are a troll until proven otherwise by stating your signature and showing your system.

Let's see:

"arc by a mile"

"typically more alive and dynamic"

"McIntosh is lush"

"rounded and less transparent" this is false

"5th row vs. 20th" row untrue

experience with both brands (in a dealer showroom no less, really)

blind faith

McZeal

hyperdrive

without a doubt no issue with clipping (totally false, play Liberty Fanfare)

offended by the truth (the "truth" being that ARC is better than Mac by a mile, etc.)

drink less coffee, get out more often

I find these comments offensive by all of you. I find this a bash Mac thread. I have never said that Mac was superior to other audio brands. In fact I have maintained the opposite. I have maintained that Mac was competitive to brands like Accuphase, Boulder, Burmester, DAG, Chord, Constellation, etc. and I have explained why in detail.

You all need to understand. I don't care if you dislike me. I have always tried to maintain a courteous, sensitive, caring attitude on AA. If I have criticism it is always muted. But I'm a retired ER physician of 34 years in practice. I don't intimidate and don't care one whit of your opinion of me.

On the Mac Forum I have stated that I believe the 3500 is the best amp in the world today and I absolutely believe it. But in doing so none of these other brands were ever mentioned. But I would never say this in the ARC Forum or any other forum. AA has an etiquette to it. In addition, it is understood that if you are going to make grandiose off the cuff comments like Porsche993TT you need to post your signature and system.

Last edited by Charles; 09-02-2022 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
... this notion that Mac is softer warmer and obscures detail is ridiculous, frankly ridculous.
+1 and I did not intend for my earlier comment to suggest otherwise.

I do not think the general difference between ARC and Mac is that Mac obscures detail. It seems to me that ARC tends to have a more "front of hall" sound that sounds "lively," but I wouldn't call modern Macs "soft" at all. It's a different sonic perspective.

There are things ARC and Mac have in common, such as qualified dealers, customer service before and after the sale, and parts availability. That creates longevity and lasting value.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:21 PM
Racing Hoopties

Hmmm, seems a nerve (ego?) has been hit. It’s almost too easy.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 09-02-2022, 01:25 PM
Retired

Yes. Some folks have way too much of themselves invested in their systems/gear.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Closed Thread