AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Dynaudio Speakers

Dynaudio Speakers Authentic Fidelity

Old 07-01-2021, 06:34 AM

Thanks to everyone for the guidance. To further clarify, the vibrapods I have are the cone type with the ball bearing making contact with the speaker cabinet, so no worries about the finish.

Also, I have the stands spiked through the carpet to the concrete floor under.

I will look into the Isoacoustics pieces but I'm not understanding the application? The Gaia would sit on the carpet under the stand bases?

I also have some isolators I can put under the speaker cables.

BTW, I'll take all of the constructive advice you all have to offer.

Cheers,

Tim
Old 07-01-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlebum View Post
TI will look into the Isoacoustics pieces but I'm not understanding the application? The Gaia would sit on the carpet under the stand bases?
You need to add carpet spikes.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:13 AM

Or would it be best to install (3) Isoacoustic Orea Bronze between the speakers and my stands that are already spiked to the floor?
Old 07-01-2021, 09:39 AM

You can try, but IsoAcoustics suggests coupling of speakers with stands and decoupling from the floor. My experience says the same.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:27 PM

Spoke with Ethan at Isoacoustics regarding the proper application. His guidance is to use the Orea between the speakers and the speaker stands. I ordered (6) of them today and they should arrive Saturday. We'll see what kind of performance they bring.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:28 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlebum View Post
Spoke with Ethan at Isoacoustics regarding the proper application. His guidance is to use the Orea between the speakers and the speaker stands. I ordered (6) of them today and they should arrive Saturday. We'll see what kind of performance they bring.

Well done, Beatle.

As for cable elevators, it's important to use a cable elevator that will dissipate the electrical field that is present around a speaker (or power) cable when it is lifted off the floor. This field adds noise and results in diminished clarity, openness and focus. This is specifically why I recommended the Shunyata Dark Field Minis, as they are specifically made out of a material that dissipates static electricity charges (i'm going to put up a post with my experiences with these forthwith).

The other alternative is the more expensive Shunyata DF-SS footers.

However the little Dark Field Minis will do the same job for less money; if you want, you can intersperse them between the cable elevators you already have.
It is important to use a cable elevator that will dissipate the static field that will occur if you lift a speaker or power cable off the floor, particularly a carpeted floor. The cable elevators that I know of that will do this are the two Shunyata ones (DF-SS and Dark Field Minis) and the A/V Roomservice CVPs (cable vibration protectors)*.

*–You can also buy the Nordost ones, but they are ridiculously expensive at $600 for just two elevators.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-01-2021 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:48 PM

Hi everyone,
I wanted to give you a quick update on my Heritage Specials. I received them about 8 weeks ago and have at least 200 hrs on them. I like to slowly break in equipment a little per day so I can fully hear the changes it goes thru. Right out the box they sounded pretty good. They never went thru unlistenable stages like some equipment I have broken in but slowly improved each week.
I just got thru listening to some Bach's Violin Concertos and was totally lost in the music. Nothing hash just beautiful music. So classical music sounds wonderful, Alison Krauss's voice sounds like a angel from heaven. Jazz and rock are served very well with the Hertiage Special's.

I have been setting up numerous systems over the past 40+ years ranging from very modest to some quite expensive systems. Currently I am using a $20k turntable setup and well matched tube equipment to drive the Heritages. My digital is a cheap cdp but sounds quite good.
In a nutshell Dynaudio has put together a very enjoyable speaker that fills my 14 × 18 room beautifully. The bass is full and tuneful and nerver lacking for my tastes. So yes Dynaudio has made a great monitor that I feel is worth the asking price em

and should serve me well for years to come. Just feed them well and enjoy.
Old 07-13-2021, 04:51 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson1952 View Post
Hi everyone,
I wanted to give you a quick update on my Heritage Specials. I received them about 8 weeks ago and have at least 200 hrs on them. I like to slowly break in equipment a little per day so I can fully hear the changes it goes thru. Right out the box they sounded pretty good. They never went thru unlistenable stages like some equipment I have broken in but slowly improved each week.
I just got thru listening to some Bach's Violin Concertos and was totally lost in the music. Nothing hash just beautiful music. So classical music sounds wonderful, Alison Krauss's voice sounds like a angel from heaven. Jazz and rock are served very well with the Hertiage Special's.

I have been setting up numerous systems over the past 40+ years ranging from very modest to some quite expensive systems. Currently I am using a $20k turntable setup and well matched tube equipment to drive the Heritages. My digital is a cheap cdp but sounds quite good.
In a nutshell Dynaudio has put together a very enjoyable speaker that fills my 14 × 18 room beautifully. The bass is full and tuneful and nerver lacking for my tastes. So yes Dynaudio has made a great monitor that I feel is worth the asking price em

and should serve me well for years to come. Just feed them well and enjoy.

for the review!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 07-14-2021, 05:28 AM
Member of the Music Squad

Nelson, thanks for the informative feedback [emoji106]
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser
Old 08-11-2021, 01:53 PM

@robfine
How large is your room?
Have you listened to Confidence 20's?

Copy/paste of my post from another forum - 3-4 weeks ago:

"Finally I got a chance to listen to the Heritage Special's for a few hours.

In short - they are very good speakers for smaller rooms, but pretty far from "Confidence killers" as someone could conclude from meny reviews and opinions online - both professional and user (on forums, FB groups...).

If you ask me - the difference in price is 100% justified.

They sound somewhat "lean" and unbalanced - to me. Yes, the bass is fast, controlled, precise, but it's missing both its body and the texture and that appears to affect the whole frequency range - from the bottom to the top. In some moments during the listening of double bass (e.g. "Ray Brown, John Clayton, Christian McBride - SuperBass" or "The Ray Brown Trio - Summer Wind: Live at the Loa" albums) I got the feeling almost like I was listening to the strings without a wooden body. The resolution is there, the details are there, but the full "body" of a sound is partially missing. And that is not how I felt only for instruments which play (very) low tones - it's pretty similar with other instruments. They are pretty well positioned in the space (although the soundstage depth could be somewhat better), but they are smaller in volume than they should be.

Just to add, that this exact description can be "attached" to many high quaity bookshelf speakes - that is something that I'm missing in sound when I'm listening to them. With Confidence 20's and also Contour 20's I don't have this issue. Of course, Contour 20's have their own drawbacks compared with both Conficence and Heritege, but if you ask me to choose between Heritage and Contour 20 - it's a tough task. Maaaaybe I'm closer to Heritage, because they really have significantly better resolution and transparency, but I wouldn't be too happy. With Confidence 20's - yes, I would be missing my Confidence 50's a lot and also my subs - but I'm sure that after some time I could adapt to their sound and to be pretty happy with them.

Of course, YMMV.

Just to add that the "test" system is pretty decent
Simaudio MOON P-8 preamp
Simaudio MOON W-7M amps
Simaudio MOON 780D v2 DAC / streamer
Métronome DSS streamer
Métronome Le Player 3 CD transport"