AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Chinese High-End Audio

Chinese High-End Audio Doge, Eastern Electric, Jungson, Psvane, Yulong

Old 06-30-2014, 08:58 PM

Same here. First I have heard about it. Pass just moved to new facilities, which doesn't make sense if they are building in China.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
That's the first I've heard of this related to Pass, if I may ask what is your source?
Bill.......Kind of amusing how the crickets started chirping when you asked 4RE for proof sources that support his statements.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-30-2014, 10:05 PM

I must admit I looked at the back of my XA100.5s this afternoon for a "Made in USA" imprimatur but did not see it.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:29 AM

Are the Pass facilities a production line or a warehouse? Other companies like ARC and Wilson have indepth factory visits reported online, and other 'factories' seem absent in that. Rather peculiar isn't it?

If it does not state 'Made in USA' anywhere it is because it isn't.
There is legislation for that. It may state 'Designed in US, manufactured in...'
You may read all variations on that theme at the shipment box or printed at the back of the apparatus. 'Designed in UK, manufactured in Thailand' and so on.

Other US companies import all parts separately into the US, assemble into completed products and so avoid this legislation, and import duty too.
It is not about chinese manufactured parts in particular, there may be parts coming in from several countries.

All this says nothing about quality, actual enjoyment or even proud of ownership.
The one company is honest about their resources, the other isn't.
It is just good to know for the consumer.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:22 AM

Xindak is Chinese all the way and I've heard some good things about their amps and preamps.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:31 AM

Had the opportunity this weekend to examine and listen to some Arum Cantus speakers, the Volla stand mounts, and the Harmony floorstanders. There were various other Arum Cantus speakers they're all built absolutely beautifully.

The amps used were the following:
Dussan V8i and the T6
Xindac XA6800se

Source was A Vincent CDS10 CDP

Music was varied a bit of everything.

All were of a build quality that could only be described as excellent and the finish on the speakers was flawless.

Sound? Well they all sounded pretty good to me like all things sound wise that is entirely personal.
The Stand mounted Volla's sounded as good as my late B&W 805's, the Harmony had a more laid back presentation smooth and no fatiguing.

The Dussan amps impressed me I could find no fault worth stressing about.
The Xindak did not like the bigger speaker but came into its own on the Volla.

I am no audiophile, I gave that up, I was getting nowhere and driving myself into the poor house chasing my tail. I now look for musical enjoyment at reasonable prices.

Although these amps and speakers were not exactly cheap to my megere means, their quality certainly was top draw. I have seen and heard many far more expensive products that cannot match them in regard to sound and quality of finish and construction.

Chinese products I own are Line Magnetic and Opera Consonance I have been the proud owner of these Amps for a number of years they have been hassle free sound top draw And I have no desire to change them.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:48 PM

Lately, I have been in contact with Mark at Reno Hi-Fi since my XP-20 remote started acting intermittant. I asked him today about Pass being made in China, and this is his response.

"There is NO truth to PASS being made in China. I visit the PASS factory every-other-week in Auburn, Northern California, and I can assure you there are a bunch of technicians wielding soldering irons building all the PASS stuff. Just like your remote control had to be Built, handmade, by the technicians at PASS, and that’s why we had to wait a few days for them to make the remote.

The poster on Audio Aficionado proves that anyone can say anything on the internet. "
Old 07-01-2014, 01:59 PM

Then we await with anticipation for an online Pass factory visit ;-) including pictures of John, Joe and many other coworkers busy at the production line. Just like Manley, Wilson, Magnepan and other proudly made in usa companies have shown us.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saverio View Post
Xindak is Chinese all the way and I've heard some good things about their amps and preamps.
But I'd steer clear of their SACD players which have a rep for breaking down.

Isn't quite a lot of Musical Fidelity stuff now made in China?

P
Old 07-01-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
Lately, I have been in contact with Mark at Reno Hi-Fi since my XP-20 remote started acting intermittent. I asked him today about Pass being made in China, and this is his response.

"There is NO truth to PASS being made in China. I visit the PASS factory every-other-week in Auburn, Northern California, and I can assure you there are a bunch of technicians wielding soldering irons building all the PASS stuff. Just like your remote control had to be Built, handmade, by the technicians at PASS, and that’s why we had to wait a few days for them to make the remote.

The poster on Audio Aficionado proves that anyone can say anything on the internet. "
Thanks for sharing that, Bud.