AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Sports

Sports Place for all to discuss different sports

Old 02-19-2015, 04:42 PM

Default Big Game Today!!

Yes, a clash of the heavyweights- New Zealand take on England at the Cake Tin at Wellington in a Day-Night World Cup one day Cricket Match.

Should be a cracker! The forecast is for a lovely sunny afternoon & a warm night with a gentle breeze (a rarity for Wellington). Sell out crowd of about 35,000.

Of course, Im backing NZ to win, but it will be tight. The Poms have had a poor run up to this World Cup, with an unsettled side- but they still contain match winners & the game will be tight.

Follow the game here: Another match, another host to overcome for England | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Aussie Joke of the Day: An Englishman is migrating to Australia & after the 48 hours flight, the Airbus finally lands at Sydney Airport. Going through Passport Control the Englishman is confronted by a very large Customs Officer, who asks for his Passport.

Aussie Customs Agent: Your are a Pom- do you have a criminal record? he asks grumpily.

Englishman: No!! I didn't know it was still compulsory!!
Old 02-19-2015, 06:17 PM

I truly tried to watch cricket once................and failed by falling asleap........I could not tell if I was watching a baseball or soccer game ......It just seemed insane, but of course most sports are crazy when you think about what they are doing and how much they get paid.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:17 AM

Default NZ Destroys England- The POMS get a Hiding

I can hardly believe it!

We absolutely DESTROYED England.

I was all ready to leave work at 4.30pm to race home to see the last 20 overs of the English Innings & the watch New Zealand chase about 280 for the victory- it would have been tight.

Instead., Tim Southee rips through the English Batting- I couldn't run for the car as wickets kept tumbling & I didn't want to miss a second of it. (Cricinfo * iHeart Radio on the internet).

Chasing only 123, McCullum went nuts & scored the fastest 50 in World Cup History- anybody who thinks Baseball Batting is good to watch need to watch this innings.

The best thing about beating England- the way Fleet Street turn on their Team- just wonderful reading the vitriol!!

Cricket World Cup / 'The lights didn't even come on' - Piers Morgan leads kicking of humiliated England - Cricket World Cup - NZ Herald News

This is a day Ill never forget!!

Already downed a bottle of Champagne- Im going to have a bad headache tomorrow- well worthit.

And the best thing- We face Australia next week- I hope we can repeat this performance- again- I cannot wait.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:17 AM

Adam Milne's diving catch to dismiss Eoin Morgan in this game just made #3 on @SportsCenter Top 10 Plays for Thursday night in the USA.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:53 PM

Ok, I'm still in fairy land after our big win yesterday. Reading the English Press excoriating their team is one of the great pleasures of life.

If you lot in the USA want to see Cricket at its best- try & find a highlights package of this game to watch- makes Baseball look 1 dimensional ( and I enjoy watching Baseball- even if I haven't a clue who the players are. It is shown on Sky TV Sports Channels here in NZ).

2 Games today - The Aussie v Bangladesh Game is under threat from the Cat5 Cyclone which has already dumped more than 2 feet of rain on Queensland! If rained off, the points are split & that makes it even tougher for England to qualify for the quarters.

The other game today is Pakistan v West Indies at Hagley Oval in Christchurch (NZ). The Pakis let me down against India, but they should comfortably beat a West Indies Team that doesn't seem interested at the moment. Follow the game here.10th Match, Pool B: Pakistan v West Indies at Christchurch, Feb 21, 2015 | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

I was going to tell a English Joke for the day- but you shouldn't speak ill of the dead.

Q: What do you call an Australian with 6 Sheep.
A: A Pimp.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:35 PM

Was there a cricket game on? I missed that. Can't have been of any consequence.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ421291 View Post

LOL, think I'll start following cricket.

What is coming up?
Old 02-21-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ421291 View Post
Ok, I'm still in fairy land after our big win yesterday. Reading the English Press excoriating their team is one of the great pleasures of life.

If you lot in the USA want to see Cricket at its best- try & find a highlights package of this game to watch- makes Baseball look 1 dimensional ( and I enjoy watching Baseball- even if I haven't a clue who the players are. It is shown on Sky TV Sports Channels here in NZ).

2 Games today - The Aussie v Bangladesh Game is under threat from the Cat5 Cyclone which has already dumped more than 2 feet of rain on Queensland! If rained off, the points are split & that makes it even tougher for England to qualify for the quarters.

The other game today is Pakistan v West Indies at Hagley Oval in Christchurch (NZ). The Pakis let me down against India, but they should comfortably beat a West Indies Team that doesn't seem interested at the moment. Follow the game here.10th Match, Pool B: Pakistan v West Indies at Christchurch, Feb 21, 2015 | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

I was going to tell a English Joke for the day- but you shouldn't speak ill of the dead.

Fleet st ain't got nuthin' on Rad, when I summon the energy. At least the crowd got some quality time on the beach, and didn't have to commute home in the dark.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:08 AM

Hung over today so slow to uip-date you all on the Cricket World Cup.

Well, the Pakis let me down again! They are doomed.

Today, Sri Lanka beat Afghanistan today, but were given a fright.

India are playing South Africa today at the MCG- sold out crowd of over 90,000 of which 85,000 appear to be India- the noise is unbelievable.

Follow the game here: India 172/2 (34.1 ov, AM Rahane 21*, S Dhawan 99*, WD Parnell 0/41) | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Aussie Joke of the Day:

Kiwi and an Aussie were sitting around talking one afternoon over a cold beer.

After a while the Aussie says to the Kiwi, "If I was to sneak over to your house and made wild passionate love to your wife while you were off fishing, and she got pregnant and had a baby, would that make us related?"

The Kiwi crooked his head sideways for a minute, scratched his head, and squinted his eyes thinking real hard about the question.
Finally, he says, "Well, I don't know about related, but it sure would make us even.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:47 PM

Well, another big win for India- SA fell apart & I must admit I went to bed after De Villiers was run out.

Today its Scotland V England at Hagley Oval- Go Scotland (I have to say that, wife is of full Scottish Decent!)

Follow the game here: Eng 60/0 (10.3 ov, IR Bell 16*, MM Ali 36*, JH Davey 0/26) | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo