AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 10-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBritt View Post
This might sound really dumb or obvious, but have you looked at the footers on your ARC phono pre and determined if you can slide it forward on the shelve an inch or two?
Sure, no, I can pull the rack out from the wall a bit more, but just don't want to pull it out too far so that it starts to look odd. It's sandwiched between two in wall bookcases so the more flush it is, the better it looks. I'm going to order a standard Alpha NR for my amplifier which doesn't have any space constraints, so I'll test it out with that one then go from there.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 10-29-2017, 04:32 PM

The EF and NR power cords are identical in most ways. The external hollow sleeve is absent in the EF series. Also, we use a flat IEC connector with the EF models instead of the round barrel type connector in the NR Series. Both connectors use solid-copper internal metals, but the NR model has a built-in wide-bandwidth noise filter, while the EF models do not (no room). Having said all that, the performance between the EF and the NR model is comparable in both Delta and Alpha models. The cables themselves can turn almost at a 90 degree angle after an inch or so of cable, so I would put the minimum clearance needed at about 8 inches for either the NR or EF models. The Alpha NR may look thick, but actually it is extremely flexible and easy to bend in any direction.

Regards,

Grant
Old 09-11-2021, 11:10 AM

I realize this is an old thread, but I've been wondering the same thing as my electronics closet is quite cozy. I have a minimum of 5" from the back of the component to the wall, and that's on my tube phono stage and turntable, but a max of probably 8". Plus getting 6 1.75 m power cords >1" dia routed in and around the rack will not be easy.

I'm guessing I'll be best off with the Venom NR PCs for the larger components with less space between the component and wall? What's the minimum bend radius for Venom cords (I don't see that on Shunyata's website, but maybe I missed it?)

Is my assumption correct that the Venom PCs are more flexible (tighter bend radius) than Delta which are more flexible than Alpha, etc.? I was able to install a Venom V12NR with no issue on the phono stage. Not sure whether the 10 will fit?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1175[1].jpg (89.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1159.jpg (90.9 KB, 51 views)
Sound Lab 745s, AtmaSphere MA1s, 2 Rythmik 12SE subs, 1 dual 10" DIY sub, Parasound JC2 pre, Aurender S10, Holo Audio May DAC, Oppo 105, DIY Lenco L75, Wavestream Kinetics tube phono stage, Shunyata loom

Last edited by ACHiPo; 09-11-2021 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but I've been wondering the same thing as my electronics closet is quite cozy. I have a minimum of 5" from the back of the component to the wall, and that's on my tube phono stage and turntable, but a max of probably 8". Plus getting 6 1.75 m power cords >1" dia routed in and around the rack will not be easy.

I'm guessing I'll be best off with the Venom NR PCs for the larger components with less space between the component and wall? What's the minimum bend radius for Venom cords (I don't see that on Shunyata's website, but maybe I missed it?)

Is my assumption correct that the Venom PCs are more flexible (tighter bend radius) than Delta which are more flexible than Alpha, etc.? I was able to install a Venom V12NR with no issue on the phono stage. Not sure whether the 10 will fit?

Venom NR10 and Deltas are same outer diameter, I have a few of each. They are very flexible, I'm coming out of the back of my
Mcintosh Mc462 amp, 4 or 5 inches from wall, and my Delta makes the bend.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player
Old 09-11-2021, 08:01 PM

I think the Delta v2 NR can work with 5” of clearance. Here it is hanging by its own weight.

ADAFC86C-6D05-4FA4-8DAC-1742C58EBFE0.jpeg
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Last edited by kennyb123; 09-11-2021 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
I think the Delta v2 NR can work with 5” of clearance. Here it is hanging by its own weight.

Attachment 65340
Thanks!
Sound Lab 745s, AtmaSphere MA1s, 2 Rythmik 12SE subs, 1 dual 10" DIY sub, Parasound JC2 pre, Aurender S10, Holo Audio May DAC, Oppo 105, DIY Lenco L75, Wavestream Kinetics tube phono stage, Shunyata loom

Last edited by ACHiPo; 09-12-2021 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpaf76 View Post
Venom NR10 and Deltas are same outer diameter, I have a few of each. They are very flexible, I'm coming out of the back of my
Mcintosh Mc462 amp, 4 or 5 inches from wall, and my Delta makes the bend.
What about alphas?
Old 09-12-2021, 02:08 AM

Quote:
What about alphas?
Have you seen the length of the connectors on the Alpha NR and NR v2? I can't imagine these fitting.

The Delta v2 is an awesome power cord - and a heck of a value. Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0184.jpeg (1.63 MB, 50 views)
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256
Old 09-12-2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
Have you seen the length of the connectors on the Alpha NR and NR v2? I can't imagine these fitting.

The Delta v2 is an awesome power cord - and a heck of a value. Highly recommended.
Thanks
Old 09-13-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
What about alphas?
Also very flexible but much thicker than the other 2, I'm not sure the bend radius they are capable of, as I only use it to feed the Everest and both of those 2 bends have plenty of room before hitting anything. I would guess 5 would be cutting it very close with an Alpha, at best the bend would put pressure on the component, and possibly push it depending on it's weight.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player

Last edited by mcpaf76; 09-13-2021 at 09:16 AM.