AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2020, 03:51 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjryan View Post
I appreciate the input, Puma Cat! I think this will be the move for now, especially given the value proposition.

For reference: I dove into power cables and distributors with a healthy amount of skepticism given that my career (25 years plus) is in the recording and mastering field. Couple that with teaching those topics in higher ed, well, you get the idea. In general, most of what we do with cables in this hobby is hotly contested in large proportions in the pro circle, save a few that have "seen" the light so to speak.

My local dealer sent me home with a "brand x" upgrade cable along with a Shunyata cable (my original Copperhead) years ago. An electrician friend of mine and I did a shoot out on my system that evening. Our ears told us everything we needed to know about any supposed opinions or stigmas we had :-)

I can't wait to work these into my system! Thanks again for the help in deciding.
Yes, my initial experience was similar. I had heard of Shunyata when I got back into high-end audio in 2009, but it wasn't until a friend brought over some Shunayata patents for me to read that prompted me to explore further. As a scientist, I was impressed that the performance claims were backed up by a patent that explained the technology and methodology. I bought some Diamondback PCs that were on a 2-for-1 sale, did some listening tests and the benefits they brought were immediately clear. I had my friend who had fist brought me the patents come over; he was skeptical. It was the old "what can the last 5 feet of power cable from the wall to the component do?" question.

Well, when I did the demo for him, he was convinced. And, when I installed the second cable to the preamp, his mouth literally fell open with disbelief.

Suffice it to say, he's now a big advocate for Shunyata's products and has conducted similar demos for his friends.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.