AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 08-06-2020, 05:53 AM

Default Recommendations Please

I have read so much recently about the new power cables from Shunyata, that I am seriously considering replacing my current loom.

I have a PS Audio P10 fed by a Chord Sarum 1.5m which in turn feeds all my equipment via Nordost Vishnu 2m cables with Furutech UK plugs and IECs.

Equipment to be powered is as follows,

Avid Acutus SP power supply
Simaudio Moon 700i integrated amplifier
PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player
PS Audio DirectStream DAC
Simaudio Moon 430HAD headphone amplifier
Whest Audio PS.40RDT phonostage

I would be very grateful to anyone able to suggest which Shunyata power cables should be used for these items. I have asked the UK distributor and a couple of dealers for suggestions, but I have received nothing...

No doubt someone will propose replacing the P10 with a Denali or possible Everest UK... [emoji23]
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 08-06-2020, 09:11 PM

my suggestion is get an alpha nr v2. plug that into power distributor first and be blown away by dynamics changes. then go from there. if u end up with an XC in same spot that will be even better and the alpha nr v2 can be used on amp or source and will blow your mind. cannot fail.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=mr_gray;1010801]my suggestion is get an alpha nr v2. plug that into power distributor first and be blown away by dynamics changes. then go from there. if u end up with an XC in same spot that will be even better and the alpha nr v2 can be used on amp or source and will blow your mind. cannot fail.[/QUOTE]

Great recommendation. If you are currently using Nordost Vishnus (and no disrespect to Nordost — once upon a time I used Vishnus and by the time I changed to all-Shunyata I had graduated to an all-Valhalla set-up) you will indeed be blown away by just about any Shunyata power cord you try. But the Alpha NR v2 is probably the price/performance leader in the line, and the XC power cords are specifically designed to be used from wall to power distribution device.

Later, if you can arrange for a trial of Shunyata’s latest Denali conditioning/distribution device to compare to your P10 you may just be pleasantly surprised how good Shunyata’s non-active high-current noise reduction technology makes your system sound.

Good luck.

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!
Old 08-06-2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John49 View Post
I have read so much recently about the new power cables from Shunyata, that I am seriously considering replacing my current loom.

I have a PS Audio P10 fed by a Chord Sarum 1.5m which in turn feeds all my equipment via Nordost Vishnu 2m cables with Furutech UK plugs and IECs.

Equipment to be powered is as follows,

Avid Acutus SP power supply
Simaudio Moon 700i integrated amplifier
PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player
PS Audio DirectStream DAC
Simaudio Moon 430HAD headphone amplifier
Whest Audio PS.40RDT phonostage

I would be very grateful to anyone able to suggest which Shunyata power cables should be used for these items. I have asked the UK distributor and a couple of dealers for suggestions, but I have received nothing...

No doubt someone will propose replacing the P10 with a Denali or possible Everest UK... [emoji23]
We have new, special, power conditioner version for our UK friends. Delta D6 UK. I would recommend getting the very reasonably priced Delta v2 XC to feed it and the Delta v2 NRs to power your components.

This is a link to our UK distributor: https://shunyata-uk.com/product/powe...a-delta-d6-uk/
Old 08-07-2020, 03:37 PM

Alpha XC from wall.
UK6/Delta6/Denali depending on budget.
Alpha NR V2 on moon integrated if possible.
Delta on rest.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
We have new, special, power conditioner version for our UK friends. Delta D6 UK. I would recommend getting the very reasonably priced Delta v2 XC to feed it and the Delta v2 NRs to power your components.

This is a link to our UK distributor: https://shunyata-uk.com/product/powe...a-delta-d6-uk/

Thank you Caelin. On reflection I realise that I need more than 6 UK outlets (the UK P10 has 9), so the Hydra Alpha A10 UK would be needed, but how much better is the new Delta D6 UK? I would have to buy 2 and find extra space!

I think that I would have to keep the P10 for the moment and feed it with a better V2 XC power cable first. Then replace the individual power cables with V2 NR ones.

Only problem is where is the money coming from? At least I now have my state pension...
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 08-08-2020, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crion2 View Post
Alpha XC from wall.

UK6/Delta6/Denali depending on budget.

Alpha NR V2 on moon integrated if possible.

Delta on rest.

Thank you crion2.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John49 View Post
Thank you Caelin. On reflection I realise that I need more than 6 UK outlets (the UK P10 has 9), so the Hydra Alpha A10 UK would be needed, but how much better is the new Delta D6 UK? I would have to buy 2 and find extra space!

I think that I would have to keep the P10 for the moment and feed it with a better V2 XC power cable first. Then replace the individual power cables with V2 NR ones.

Only problem is where is the money coming from? At least I now have my state pension...
The Alpha A10 is superior in performance to the Delta D6.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:18 PM

One thought has come to mind with regard to the UK versions of Shunyata’s cables. What fuses are in the mains plugs? Many people swear by after-market fuses, such as Synergistic Research’s Orange for example. Can Caelin give some idea at what level the stock fuses are at? And is the limited lifetime warranty affected, if other fuses are used?
Old 08-11-2020, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
The Alpha A10 is superior in performance to the Delta D6.
Caelin,
If we put D2000T before A10 or D6, will it give QRBB benefit to the latter?