AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen_bh View Post
Hi James, I got my silver BDA-2 today. After listening to it for the last few hours I have to congratulate you on a great DAC. I'm sure it will sound even better as it breaks in over the next week or two.

Initial impressions are that it has a great space about it. Imaging is great and the soundstage is much larger than that of my Wyred4Sound DAC2. I find it quite neutral and clean sounding.

Thanks again for helping me get the silver version.
No problem - ENJOY
Old 05-13-2013, 11:09 AM

Hi Folks,

On the weekend I was experimenting and just wanted to let customers know if they are using the MAC program AUDIRVANA software the INTEGER mode is available on the BDA-2 USB input.

james
Old 05-15-2013, 09:34 PM

Excellent, I need to try that. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:49 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: BRYSTON BDP-2 Digital Player & BDA-2 DAC

Thanks Bryston!

There may never be a "better" moment to enjoy your music and equipment like when you add a new item to the system, and it makes you tap your feet and put a grin on your face, just because it's a bit better than what you had.

I received my BDP-2 and BDA-2 last week. I'm relegated to headphones for a while, and I just sent my BHA-1 to Bryston for a blue LED switch out, so I'm running on a lesser headphone amp, powering Audeze LCD-2's. My source is CDs ripped with dbPowerAmp to FLAC, stored on my Windows Home Server.

The transport was a Sonos (fantastic user interface, amazing WAF, nifty streaming options for background music). I got the BDP-2 connected tonight via BNC coax. I synched up a few songs to play simultaneously through the Sonos and BDP-2 at the same time. The Sonos is connected via RCA coax. It and the BDP-2 are going into the BDA-2.

I listened to 60ish seconds of a song on the Sonos, then switched to the BDP-2. It made me laugh with excitement, out loud. I'm not dramatizing. I really had a deep "ha ha!" laugh. It just sounds more like music via the BDP-2 than the Sonos. I hoped that's what I'd get, but I'm a skeptic, and I thought I or my system might not hear the difference others talked about.

Ha Ha! There's SUCH a difference. I didn't have to A/B to hear it. So much for the concept that digital sources are the same. Bryston, you folks are AMAZING. Thanks so much. Worth every penny, and then some!

Oh and BTW, for the cable folks out there (and I'm one of them), the Sonos got the expensive Transparent Audio digital cable. The Bryston got stuck with a $17 cable off Amazon.com, just to get me going.

Grit
Old 06-04-2013, 10:48 AM

MEMO: To: All bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston BDP-2/BDA-2 Review HP Soundings

Hi Folks,

Please see below a link to a review on the new Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player and BDA-2 DAC

The review is from ‘HP Soundings’ which is Harry Pearson’s (from Absolute Sound Magazine fame) new online magazine.

REVIEW: Bryston BDA-2 & BDP-2 : HPSoundings
Old 06-04-2013, 12:34 PM

Congratulations on yet another stellar review, James. As an owner of the BDP-2 and BDA-2, the observations and conclusions that Mr. McCallum presents in his cogent and well written article ring true. These components offer accuracy, resolution, power, and most of all engagement that I had not heretofore experienced with my system.

I had avoided digital downloads and computer-based audio because of technical complexities, noise/interference, and other interface problems. The BDP-2 solved all that. I use a hardwired gigabit connection to our Mac network, and management of the 500gb SSD I installed in the player is clear and logical. When I ran into a couple of technical glitches, Chris Rice worked his magic, spending over an hour on the phone with me to resolve matters.

One matter meriting further attention is the expandability of both components. The multiplicity of connections in the BDA-2 and the BDP-2 offer impressive versatility, and the increased power of the BDP-2 presents users wishing to control vast digital libraries with the resources to do so.

Now all we need is the BOT-1! Of course, we're all waiting patiently.

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130
Old 06-24-2013, 06:50 AM

New Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player with 256 g SSD / Magnepan 3.7 Bryston 7Bsst2

Stewart

Published on 17 Jun 2013

Been loading up the hard-drive.

I had no idea how much fun this device would be!

It sounds absolutely fantastic......

Rest of system is still breaking in.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkTzpZZDLWU]New Bryston BDP-2 with 256g ssd / Magnepan 3.7 Bryston 7Bsst2 - YouTube[/ame]
Old 07-02-2013, 07:18 AM

Hi Folks,

New review on Bryston BDA-2 DAC from Soundstage Magazine

SoundStage! Hi-Fi | SoundStageHiFi.com | Bryston BDA-2 Digital-to-Analog Converter

james
Old 07-04-2013, 10:49 PM

James, I noticed last night when I turned up-sampling off on my BDA2 there was a pop sound created. Since I had the volume a bit high, it was very audible. It occurred to me if I had the volume really loud it could possibly damage a speaker. Perhaps your engineers can do a milli-second mute when that button is pressed.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:30 AM

Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:10 PM
To: jamestanner@bryston.com
Subject: BDA-2 & BDP-2

James, you may recall answering several queries of mine on the subject units; utilizing my Oppo BDP-95 as a transport and replacing my computer with the BDP-2.

Taking a leap of faith, I had Audio Perfection order both units. I've had the units nearly one month now and I'm very happy with the build quality, design, and most importantly; the sound. Aside losing the ability to play SACD's through the DAC (minor nit), I have been very happy.

Bryston's quality stands apart and I appreciate it. Thank you for all your assistance.

Best regards,
Jay Tuominen