AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 09-10-2020, 12:10 PM

Default New AXPONA 2021 Date Announced

AXPONA 2021 rescheduled for August
Old 09-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Go Dawgs

That’s excellent news.......I think the main challenge here is how many exhibitors are going to sign up and commit to the show with all the uncertainty. No question the industry needs a great show. I’d love to go if available!

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 09-10-2020, 02:57 PM

With Abbott's cheap $5 rapid test, the reality of large gatherings happening again isn't too far away.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:01 PM

With AXPONA at least there are some younger audiophiles in attendance. Otherwise it would just turn in one large version of God's waiting room.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:41 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Otherwise it would just turn in one large version of God's waiting room.
Now that's funny (but really kind of isn't). Let's all hope that everything will be at some semblance of normal by next August.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 09-10-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolsey01 View Post
With Abbott's cheap $5 rapid test, the reality of large gatherings happening again isn't too far away.
Would not mean much. No guarantees that every person in attendance is not infected, has been tested, or has not been exposed the day before... It takes only one in closed spaces...

It will just have to blow itself out either with or without vaccinations and until then it will remain a risk with well known statistical odds to be out in public..

Not sure we want to reach the point where we need to present certificates for vaccination or antibodies before gaining entrance to public places, it probably won’t fly, so take your chances or don’t and hopefully we will be able to resume public activities without a concern sometime soon.

Or do you mean that everyone can take the rapid test at the door?

Last edited by PHC1; 09-10-2020 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Or do you mean that everyone can take the rapid test at the door?
Not yet, test still required lab processing but a pregenancy style test is so close so yes, you could take the test and wait the 5 minutes to enter. I'm anxious to learn of a date when this will be a reality.

Hoping this comes soon, my wife sells large in person type conferences and her company can't hold out too much longer. Another 6 months and most likely they will have to close the doors permanently. Their normal confreneces are about $3000 per attendee, virtual is $199. That cannot sustain the company long term.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolsey01 View Post
Not yet, test still required lab processing but a pregenancy style test is so close so yes, you could take the test and wait the 5 minutes to enter. I'm anxious to learn of a date when this will be a reality.

Hoping this comes soon, my wife sells large in person type conferences and her company can't hold out too much longer. Another 6 months and most likely they will have to close the doors permanently. Their normal confreneces are about $3000 per attendee, virtual is $199. That cannot sustain the company long term.
Yes unfortunately many businesses are struggling to say the least. We know nothing stands still and is constantly evolving in these modern times but this pandemic has really changed the dynamics of many traditional models and business concepts.

Commercial real estate as far as office space will probably never be the same as many that are fortunate to be able to adapt and survive with work from home option are unlikely to give that model up given the choice.

15,000 apartments are empty in NYC. That is a historical record and a mass exodus... Office building, stores, hotels.. all hurting. Less tax revenue for the city, well, one can see a chain reaction and it's not good.

Hope your wife's company makes it through the difficult period...
Old 03-03-2021, 04:11 PM

Default Postponed again

Now postponed to October 29-31, which is close to RMAF, assuming RMAF actually happens.

https://axpona.com/Default.asp

Weird -- the older and more decrepit my ears get, the greater my desire to buy newer and better "audiophile" gear!
Old 03-12-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post
Now postponed to October 29-31, which is close to RMAF, assuming RMAF actually happens.

https://axpona.com/Default.asp
I would think that RMAF will go on? I'm not sure how other states are doing, but Colorado already has 70%+ of the 70 year old and up population vaccinated (both shots and 2 weeks beyond) and we are vaccinating quickly those down to age 60 now. I'm 61 and received my shot (JNJ - one and done) this past Tuesday. With the most vulnerable population at or very near herd immunity already, I would think that a show this Fall is very much realistic???

I guess one of the variants could slip through the vaccinated group and cause another shut down, but short of that we should be on our way out of this crazy situation. In Western Colorado, where I live, we are down to a 1.6% positive rate on CV-19 tests and the virus is hardly a blip on the screen here now. We expect to be on threat level blue (no restrictions) within 4-6 weeks.