AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Audeze

Audeze Uncompromised Audio

Old 11-15-2017, 12:23 PM

Just to be clear, the crackling isn't audible normally. When I put my headphone on, take it off, adjust it, or move my head I hear it. After a ton of forum surfing on my problem other people are complaining about it too. Even if the problem was 1 in a 1,000 there are enough of these headphones out there for someone to complain about. Also Audeze isn't completely wrong, while the left side bothers the hell out of me, I can detect the right doing it while the pressure adjusts. The difference is the left side goes "crackle crackle crackle" which seemed like about a half second (unacceptable), and the right side has a millisecond of "crack" (acceptable). I can only detect the right side if I'm really paying attention, and it's not all the time. I have to take it off quicker than I'd normally just to reproduce it.

Jdandy, you're right. The person answering my questions is probably an ametuer, probably emailing from a script. Even with my experience I'd still give them another shot. In all fairness they offered to look at it and to see if it's in spec. But this isn't a warranty issue, this was poor workmanship and/or an inspection failure. I felt I'd rather return my faulty product and buy a new LCD-x(or a focal) than to trust Audeze to fix it.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:39 PM

From Audeze website.

"Near weightless nano-scale diaphragm
The LCD-4 features our most advanced diaphragm design; our exclusive nano-scale film actually weighs less than the air it displaces! Benefits include faster response times for better imaging, and the flattest, deepest, most accurate bass response of any headphone available.

I'd say it is quite possible that a diaphragm that weighs less than air would indeed be sensitive to changing air pressure. Of course if that was an "idiosyncrasy" of this particular design, it would manifest itself across all the headphones and not select few.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkoz View Post
Does anyone else have this problem? I wonder if this is a common problem with the LCD-X or the LCD 2/3/4?
Ed
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fata....764120/page-4

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/...issues_lcd22s/

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aude...88429/page-281

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aude...09710/page-507

http://www.just-hifi.com/Audeze-EL-8...0478972-5.html

Ed, if you were planning on getting one don't let this post sway your decision. I'm guessing that when something goes wrong, this is what goes wrong. I'd say there are PLENTY of people with the same issue I have, the manufacturer says it's normal, yet there are probably thousands without any problem at all. While my Audeze customer service guy is clearly a rookie, the company didn't screw me, or ignore me. I'm walking away still feeling ok about Audeze and I'd probably buy another one. Their service seems decent.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:25 PM

I asked Audeze if my headphones were in spec when they got them back, since without looking at my headphones they made it sound like it's normal. They checked it out and it was defective.

Quote:
Thanks for your patience. The tech tested your headphones and yes, the crinkling noise exceeded what we consider to be in spec. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!
Old 11-27-2020, 11:26 PM

It’s always nice when a manufacturer comes through and works on problems like this!