AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 09-05-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
How about a projector ? Which most of the power draw is feeding a bulb. Sounds like pure resistive load to me, but I bet there is switched mode PSU as voltage rating Is more like a world voltage. In this case what model is most suitable ? Toga
Projectors benefit from a high current type. Very similar to an amplifier.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Projectors benefit from a high current type. Very similar to an amplifier.
thank you,
If i can afford only one Shunyata HC where should it be between before power conditioner, which feed projector only, or after line conditioner ? Line conditioner is 15 meters away from projector, 15 meter long ac cord connect it to wall outlet near projector.

Thanks.
Toga
Old 09-05-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
thank you, If i can afford only one Shunyata HC where should it be between before power conditioner, which feed projector only, or after line conditioner ? Line conditioner is 15 meters away from projector, 15 meter long ac cord connect it to wall outlet near projector. Thanks. Toga
Without knowing too much about your setup - if it were my system, I would run a power cord direct to the wall outlet. No power conditioner. Then use a VENOM DEFENDER into the second outlet at the wall. Use the power conditioner for the source equipment.

But, to answer your question, normally we would say to upgrade the power from the wall to the conditioner first. However, you have a very long run from the conditioner to the projector so if you only upgrade one that would be the one to do since it represents the highest percentage of wiring to the projector.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:23 AM

This is how it is connected.
The 15m cord is a very good quality cable (Acoustic Revive Powermax 5000)
The one feeding power conditioner is Transparent Audio and the short one feeding projector
Is Acrolink 4030-II , which is also a very good quality power cord.
So I understand that the Shunyata HC you recommended is to replace Transparent Audio that feed Power Conditioner.
I use p'con because it output pure and constant 220v 50hz out, I want to keep proj safe from voltage variation.
I hope this is still closely related to the original post.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-193653285.jpg (32.6 KB, 47 views)
Old 09-06-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
This is how it is connected. The 15m cord is a very good quality cable (Acoustic Revive Powermax 5000) The one feeding power conditioner is Transparent Audio and the short one feeding projector Is Acrolink 4030-II , which is also a very good quality power cord. So I understand that the Shunyata HC you recommended is to replace Transparent Audio that feed Power Conditioner. I use p'con because it output pure and constant 220v 50hz out, I want to keep proj safe from voltage variation. I hope this is still closely related to the original post. Thank you.
I don't see a definitive upgrade by replacing one of the power cords. There are three power cords in series with a power conditioner and another wall outlet. Any cord you replace will be a mix and match with the other two. If you want a significant upgrade then make one contiguous run of power cord - one cord with no connections in between. That's my best advice.

The best method to protect your system is to install a whole house surge system at the main electrical panel. Then you don't need any power conditioner for protection.

Of the cords you have the Acrolink is probably the most pure in sound quality but it has limited gauge which is a disadvantage for a high current application especially given the fact that the cable is very long in length.

That's my best advice for this situation.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I don't see a definitive upgrade by replacing one of the power cords. There are three power cords in series with a power conditioner and another wall outlet. Any cord you replace will be a mix and match with the other two. If you want a significant upgrade then make one contiguous run of power cord - one cord with no connections in between. That's my best advice. The best method to protect your system is to install a whole house surge system at the main electrical panel. Then you don't need any power conditioner for protection. Of the cords you have the Acrolink is probably the most pure in sound quality but it has limited gauge which is a disadvantage for a high current application especially given the fact that the cable is very long in length. That's my best advice for this situation.
Noted with thanks. But actually for any ceiling mount projector, this long power feed cannot be avoided, it has to be a long cord in the ceiling any way. Current draw from 300watt projector at 220V is rather small. I believe in most installation, the in-wall power cord is may be 2.5sqmm at best.
But I have an idea, I have many Shunyata in my 2 channel system, I can take one out and try with projector to see what it can do to picture quality.
Sorry for slightly off topics.

Toga
Old 09-07-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Noted with thanks. But actually for any ceiling mount projector, this long power feed cannot be avoided, it has to be a long cord in the ceiling any way. Current draw from 300watt projector at 220V is rather small. I believe in most installation, the in-wall power cord is may be 2.5sqmm at best. But I have an idea, I have many Shunyata in my 2 channel system, I can take one out and try with projector to see what it can do to picture quality. Sorry for slightly off topics. Toga
I understand. Give it a try.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Best performance would be the Z-PC10 Digital which is similar in performance to the Alpha Series Digital. It uses a smaller IEC and a more flexible body for difficult routing in cabinetry or to TVs and projectors that have odd shaped plastic moldings.

Next in reverse order of cost and performance:

Viper
Venom HC
Venom-3
Venom-3s

I think the sweet spot for cost/performance would be the Venom HC.
How does the Venom Digital cable fit into this hierarchy given that plasma TVs are very noisy devices?
Old 07-03-2019, 01:02 PM

Thought I'd bump this up to get Shunyata's current thoughts on cables for plasma TVs given the new NR line released (including the Venom NR).
Old 07-03-2019, 01:11 PM

It depends upon what type of input connector your TV requires.
C13
C7
C7 (polarized)
C5