AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Klipsch Speakers

Klipsch Speakers Power. Detail. Emotion.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Against the Tide

For Khorns, LaScala's and Cornwalls the best sound that I obtained was from using a power conditioner and a separate DAC.

Have gone through many amps from 5 watt tube mono blocks to 1200 watt solid state mono blocks. Had a blast experimenting with swapping gear in and out of the system. For my ears with Klipsch, there wasn't much difference when comparing the MC275 with the MC352. As there was comparing a McIntosh amp with a BAT amp.

Whatever you decide to go with-suggest you find a dealer who has Klipsch Heritage in stock and spend some demo time listening to different combinations of gear that you are considering. Even if you have to take a trip/vacation...it will be worth it!.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:03 AM

The MC2102 & MC2300 are both great amps. With your speakers my first choice would be the MC275.I think the MC275 is all the power you need. And if you want more power you can always run two at 150 wpc. The MC2301 at $22,000 a pair is a lot to pay for extra power you do not really need. The MC2102 is $8,000 for 100 wpc. The MC275 is $4,500 for 75wpc or $9,000 for 150 wpc. I have two pairs of Klipschorns and I use 150 wpc for one pair and 75 wpc for the other pair. I normally listen at less than 10 watts. I find 75 wpc to be enough for me.

Last edited by capt.chaos; 02-04-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Rebellious!

Okay, It's gonna be about $600 for some crossovers. AND I am getting the new speaker itch..

Thank you for you input. I am weighing my options very carefully.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Against the Tide

New speaker itch.....never heard of it.

Doctors say it takes about about 25 pairs to shake it. Then you wind up with the same pair you started with and everything returns to normal...
Old 04-16-2012, 08:39 PM

I was the proud owner of a pair of 60th Anniversary K-Horns. Used them with a pair of MC501's. Both very nice pieces but the K-horns didn't sound right in my listening room paired with 500 watt mono blocks so I sold them and got a pair of PMC EB1i's.

If you are set on keeping the k-horns I would go with some MC275's for sure.
2CH Room PMC MB2se(2). JL Audio F113(2). McIntosh C1000C/T, MC2301(2). PS Audio Directstream DSD, PowerPlant 20. Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Stradivariv2. Misc: Wireworld Cables and Interconnects. Stillpoints Ultra 5, Ultra SS. GIK Acoustics Bass Traps. DIY Computer Audio Transport. Racks. Adona.
TV&Movies PMC EB1i(2), CB1i, OB1i(2). SVS Ultra16(2). McIntosh MC207. Bryston SP4.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipschfan View Post
New speaker itch.....never heard of it.

Doctors say it takes about about 25 pairs to shake it. Then you wind up with the same pair you started with and everything returns to normal...
Well, the good thing is, I am un-able to make any purchases at this time, and for the next 6 months or so- All due to not being around.

However, I do have internet access & I have been through, read researched until 2am, about 18 or so different models of speakers.

I wake up one day and think "What about this..?" or read interesting feedback in ToneAudio or Stereophile or hit the "New Posts" link see thoughts on here.

So in a sense I have come full circle. I think if I refresh the Klipschorn (and Lascalla) crossovers and acquire a single or pair of McIntosh MC275's to audition is where I am at.

The next obstacle is that I will be moving in a few years & finding/building a home that has the right layout for the Klipschorns.
If I can't get through that, I'll make sure AudioAficionado subscribers get first dibbs.

Last edited by o0OBillO0o; 04-17-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipschfan View Post
For Khorns, LaScala's and Cornwalls the best sound that I obtained was from using a power conditioner and a separate DAC.

Have gone through many amps from 5 watt tube mono blocks to 1200 watt solid state mono blocks. Had a blast experimenting with swapping gear in and out of the system. For my ears with Klipsch, there wasn't much difference when comparing the MC275 with the MC352. As there was comparing a McIntosh amp with a BAT amp.

Whatever you decide to go with-suggest you find a dealer who has Klipsch Heritage in stock and spend some demo time listening to different combinations of gear that you are considering. Even if you have to take a trip/vacation...it will be worth it!.
I'm going to find a dealer that has McIntosh in stock and willing to loan me some amps to compare.

I've read outstanding feedback for the MC275. Still, I'm not from the tube generation nor have been interested in the sound. Frankly, I don't want pay for tubes every so often.

Does anyone have feedback from using Klipsch Heritage with other McIntosh amps? From the MC252 to MC1.2K?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Against the Tide

Solid State Mc amps sound great with Klipsch Heritage. Have used MC162 to MC1.2KW. Meters won't move much...

Another amp to consider and demo is the ModWright KWA100SE.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Rebellious!

Will the meters be stuck to the left!? I guess I can get over it. ;-)
Old 06-12-2012, 10:54 PM

No experience with Klispch Heritage, but I have Klipsch RF-7s with MC501s and Klipsch RF-63s with a MC402. Both systems sound great to my ears.